Opinion of the following conservative organizations
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:33:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the following conservative organizations
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Go!
Heritage Foundation- FF

Heritage Foundation- HP

Young America's Foundation- FF

Young America's Foundation- HP

College Republican National Committee- FF

College Republican National Committee- HP

Turning Point USA- FF

Turning Point USA- HP

Americans for Prosperity- FF

Americans for Prosperity- HP

Future Female Leaders (Future First Lady)- FF

Future Female Leaders (Future First Lady)- HP

Leadership Institute- FF

Leadership Institute- HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Opinion of the following conservative organizations  (Read 392 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 18, 2017, 08:57:47 AM »

All are FFs of course, but some are even better than others.  All of these are designed or have major programs designed for conservative college students.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 03:29:41 PM »

Don't know enough about them aside from Heritage - I am mixed on them - they have some good data collection info but skew a bit top centrist, tax cutting reformist GOP, major metrics following for me to put too much weight behind their data - such as the extensive studies and rankings and their push for limiting occupational licensing.

AEI is a bit like Heritage maybe a touch more small L libertarian like Cato Institute. Not great but again some good data. Of course with Charles Murray as co-author of the Bell Curve even his very thought provoking study on the impact of increasing class separation and the Super Zips phenomenon (Washington Post has a special page on it based on his 2010 book). He is smeared as a white supremacist based on a liberal-infused interpretation of the book even though he plainly avidly works with black conservatives and libertarians like Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams on issues to improve non-state cooperation in society through greater civic bonds - church, clubs, civic groups, etc - to take the place of state welfare dependency and the separation of culture. Some of his quotes may not sit well with 'race baiters' so his occasionally valuable work is dismissed as 'trash'

I remember hearing that the head of the Ayn Rand Institute, Yaron Brook's speech on capitalism, or perhaps SJW's was shared widely on Turning Point USA - but I've not seen much about them. What is their key point in a sentence or two?

What do you think of FIRE - the campus free speech organization? To me they at least are honest to track attempts by conservatives - such as Liberty University - to disinvite liberal speakers alongside the much more pervasive attempts from the left to shut down conservative speakers and events on campus - not even Spencer types but officials from the Dubya Bush cabinet, or someone like Ben Shapiro who is polarizing but has made some interesting points that classical liberals and libertarians and even mainstream dems who are not so wound up in viewing dissenting views as 'racist' or 'white supremacist'.

It's interesting that almost every conservative or libertarian publication, columnist, podcaster,etc: beltway libertarians at Reason and Cato, National Review conservatives, alt-light figures like Coulter, paleocons/paleolibertarians in the Buchanan / Beck mold, and populist pages like Breitbart, religious outlets like Blaze all really focus on the campus free-speech issues. It has become such a major part of their regular coverage. It seems that some of the events are more for these outlets than for an exchange of ideas or just kids/young adults wanting to learn about something they value.

I am both happy to see that my university which had speakers including George Wallace, MLK, Henry Baldwin, and others in the 1960's and still has not had a major disinvite per FIRE. This is in stark contrast to the University of Michigan which again had an issue this time with Charles Murray.

The university has signed the University of Chicago pledge to promise ideological diversity on campus with at least 7 or 8 professors active in the group.

At the same time another ranking says Vanderbilt is no longer considered a place that is accepting to conservative students. I am wondering what the future holds.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 03:53:56 PM »

Brainwashing centers.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 04:01:39 PM »

Recent events have brought to light that TP USA is merely a front group to allow young conservatives to indulge in their, err, kinky side in public with a flimsy political excuse:

https://twitter.com/TPUSAatKent/status/921005124947988480
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 05:15:22 PM »

I have a lot to say about AFP - incredible organization to say the least. Not a fan of Turning Point USA though I know multiple people who know the founder. I'll make a more elaborate post later.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 07:41:43 PM »

Recent events have brought to light that TP USA is merely a front group to allow young conservatives to indulge in their, err, kinky side in public with a flimsy political excuse:

https://twitter.com/TPUSAatKent/status/921005124947988480

What the absolute f***
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 12:46:55 AM »

Easy question, easy answer: "all HP"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length