Twitter account pretending to be TN GOP was actually run by Russian troll farm
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:27:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Twitter account pretending to be TN GOP was actually run by Russian troll farm
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Twitter account pretending to be TN GOP was actually run by Russian troll farm  (Read 2056 times)
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 01:43:16 PM »

And as usual, no evidence.

BTW this supposedly started in early 2015, way before Trump even announced.

There is evidence, which is why the account was suspended.

Where is it?

And even if it were true - so what? The UK parliament literally debated on if they should ban Trump from the country.

Clinton admitted world leaders were asking her if they should speak out against Trump to harm him.

I guess when you're so convinced you have the Presidential race won, and you end up losing it's such a shock it makes you irrational.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 01:48:50 PM »

And as usual, no evidence.

BTW this supposedly started in early 2015, way before Trump even announced.

There is evidence, which is why the account was suspended.

Where is it?

And even if it were true - so what? The UK parliament literally debated on if they should ban Trump from the country.

It's concerning that a foreign power is explicitly trying to divide our country. Their goal isn't to help a certain party but to increase division, which is why they have these spam accounts on both sides, helping prop up the extremes on each end of the spectrum. That should concern you no matter what your views are.
ahugecat

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 01:52:45 PM »

It's concerning that a foreign power is explicitly trying to divide our country. Their goal isn't to help a certain party but to increase division, which is why they have these spam accounts on both sides, helping prop up the extremes on each end of the spectrum. That should concern you no matter what your views are.

Bro, it's the social media age. Every country has influence over every country now. The UK literally debated on banning Trump. World leaders would frequently speak out against Trump and asked Clinton if they could endorse her (straight from her mouth BTW).

There's no evidence they are linked to the Russian government, and even if it were I doubt $100,000 (most of which had nothing to do with Trump and was AFTER the election) had ANY impact on the election.

Hell Russia got involved in the 2012 election to favor Obama. No one ever mentions that.

You lost an election; get over it. We aren't going to restart the Cold War just because your Queen was denied her rightful throne.

You sound just like the Republicans who kept saying Trump was colluding with Hillary Clinton.

And I love how you low key admit Black Lives Matter divides the country.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 01:59:52 PM »

You know it's possible for Democrats to have been wrong then and right now. And circumstances have changed since 2012.
ahugecat

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 02:05:24 PM »

You know it's possible for Democrats to have been wrong then and right now. And circumstances have changed since 2012.

You guys LITERALLY said Romney wasn't even qualified to be President because of his comments on Russia.

So what the hell did a former governor of Massachusetts know about Russia that our Commander-in-Chief, TWO Secretary of States, and Vice President did not know? What the hell was Obama doing those 8 years? According to another thread, hanging out with Jerry Seinfeld and making stupid Buzzfeed YouTube videos.

And nothing has changed - Russia invaded Georgia in 2008, and Putin allegedly killed political opponents well before 2012 and yet Obama was never asked about them. Hell, Obama and Clinton delayed the Magnistky Act for as long as they could (YEARS actually) and no one ever complained to them about that.

Plus even if Russia "changed" like you said, why would we vote in the ignorant fools who were fooled by Russia? If Russia did trick Clinton and Obama like you said why the hell would she run in 2016 being as gullible as you admit she is?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 02:21:44 PM »

Even if your delusions on Obama are right, which they aren't and it's a completely different issue, that still doesn't mean Russia's interference in the 2016 election should be ignored or condoned. Donald Trump is the President-not Hillary Clinton (a private citizen) and he should and must be held accountable.
ahugecat

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2017, 02:25:34 PM »

Even if your delusions on Obama are right, which they aren't and it's a completely different issue, that still doesn't mean Russia's interference in the 2016 election should be ignored or condoned. Donald Trump is the President-not Hillary Clinton (a private citizen) and he should and must be held accountable.

We aren't restating the Cold War because you lost an election.

"Delusions about Obama" - I am literally quoting him. Not even out of context (gave entire videos).

When you are SO convinced you were going to win (your post history is a treasure trove of overconfidence and "Drumpf has no chance!!!") and you end up losing it doesn't make any logical or legal sense to you, so you have to COPE and blame something else - in this case, Russia.

For the Republicans, they blamed the Clintons for Trump as their COPING mechanism.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 02:27:51 PM »

If restarting the Cold War is opposing Trump and foreign interference in US elections (which happened), then yes I think we should restart the cold War. Otherwise no.
ahugecat

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 02:28:36 PM »

If restarting the Cold War is opposing Trump and foreign interference in US elections (which happened), then yes I think we should restart the cold War. Otherwise no.

"We should restart the Cold War because I lost an election."

This is LITERALLY anti-democracy.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:28 PM »

"We should restart the Cold War because I lost an election."

This is LITERALLY anti-democracy.

What is anti-democratic is colluding with a foreign power to win an election.
ahugecat

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 02:34:13 PM »

What is anti-democratic is colluding with a foreign power to win an election.

You lost; get over it. There was no "collusion."

I actually believe the Republicans' delusions that Trump was working with Hillary Clinton over this because Trump barely gives a crap about Russia.

This is what I say when the left NEVER accepts results that they don't agree with. Remember, Lenin, Trostky, and Martov also called themselves "Democrats." North Korea's official name is the "DEMOCRATIC People's Republic of Korea."
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 03:49:46 PM »

So what?  I'm fine with interfering in other country's elections if it advances America's interests, the important thing is that we not let anyone do it to us.  Foreign policy isn't a friendship circle, you're supposed to look out for your country's interests.

Y'know, at least Santander embraces and admits to being a piece of s**t.

Unlike the vast majority if not everybody on this form, I actually read with great interest that Time magazine article when it came out. The comparisons to the vast government-sponsored efforts to undermine our elections, no matter how much Trump apologists poo poo them, aren't apples and oranges compared to the support our government informally gave Yeltsin, it's comparing raisins to watermelons. Or more apsley raisins to entire watermelon Farms.

the Clinton administration Set It Off several campaign strategists to teach them how to run a modern 1990s media election. I seem to recall James Carvel was among them, but don't quote me on that. Basically they took yeltsin's people who obviously knew nothing about waging a democratic campaign to fight the ultra-nationalist Pro communist forces that are embodied by Putin, and might kill Russian democracy in its cradle. Furthermore, this was hardly a top-secret CIA operation. It obviously wasn't advertised by the Yeltsin campaign, but it's not like this was done with CIA funding or the like. It was given President Clinton's blessing, and for damn good reason. What in hell is so bad about teaching a previously non democratic Nation the skills of campaigning in a new democracy? Oh yeah, maybe that little thing that it also benefits American National interest unlike Putin?

That is an idiotic bordering on disingenuous comparison to the near 200 full-time Russian government paid hackers and trolls employed explicitly to spread disinformation and Alexei Putin backed government.
ahugecat

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 03:53:23 PM »

[img]http://img.timeinc.net/t

So what?  I'm fine with interfering in other country's elections if it advances America's interests, the important thing is that we not let anyone do it to us.  Foreign policy isn't a friendship circle, you're supposed to look out for your country's interests.

Unlike the vast majority if not everybody on this form, I actually read with great interest that Time magazine article when it came out. The comparisons to the vast government-sponsored efforts to undermine our elections, no matter how much Trump apologists poo poo them, aren't apples and oranges compared to the support our government informally gave Yeltsin, it's comparing raisins to watermelons. Or more apsley raisins to entire watermelon Farms.

the Clinton administration Set It Off several campaign strategists to teach them how to run a modern 1990s media election. I seem to recall James Carvel was among them, but don't quote me on that. Basically they took yeltsin's people who obviously knew nothing about waging a democratic campaign to fight the ultra-nationalist Pro communist forces that are embodied by Putin, and might kill Russian democracy in its cradle. Furthermore, this was hardly a top-secret CIA operation. It obviously wasn't advertised by the Yeltsin campaign, but it's not like this was done with CIA funding or the like. It was given President Clinton's blessing, and for damn good reason. What in hell is so bad about teaching a previously non democratic Nation the skills of campaigning in a new democracy? Oh yeah, maybe that little thing that it also benefits American National interest unlike Putin?

That is an idiotic bordering on disingenuous comparison to the near 200 full-time Russian government paid hackers and trolls employed explicitly to spread disinformation and Alexei Putin backed government.

Lol you're literally admitting the USA helped Yelstin, yet think some Russian teenage trolls affected the election?

Come on man, do you think we're stupid or something?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 07:22:31 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

Lol you're literally admitting the USA helped Yelstin, yet think some Russian teenage trolls affected the election?

If the shoe fits...
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 08:31:07 PM »

Judging by your inability to reply correctly, yes?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2017, 07:27:29 AM »

That attitude worked out great with Latin America, Iran, Cuba, Vietnam, and so many other places last century didn't it!

Well, I'd argue Vietnam, Iran, and most of those Latin American countries weren't places where it was in our interest to intervene militarily (or at all, for that matter).  In the case of Cuba it was a complicated situation and while the Bay of Pigs was obviously a disaster, I do understand the rationale for green-lighting it (as should anyone familiar with the Cuban Missile Crisis, Cuba was not some harmless communist rump state in the early 60s; there was a real danger there and it was a pretty complex situation).  Also, you seem to be assuming that I mean military intervention when that's pretty clearly not what I was talking about.  Beyond which, as an American, I am obviously going to put my country's interests ahead of those of any other country.

This kind of mentality led to Iraq war. Don't be surprised why anti-Americanism is rising all over the world.

Actually, no it didn't.  There's a big difference between saying America – when it is in our interests to do so – should find ways to take a role in other countries' politics (ex: working behind the scenes to help Yuschenko's campaign against Yanukovych) and saying we should needlessly start unnecessary wars because "muh oil."  For that matter, there's – as Badger has already explained – a huge difference between what we did with Yeltsin and what Russia did in 2016.  And Iraq isn't why anti-Americanism is rising (to the extent that's even true), it's because of the policies – such as they are – of the Trump administration, but that's another discussion.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 07:39:21 AM »

A non-binding motion was debated in Westminster Hall; which is about as irrelevant and meaningless as its possible to get in that no votes are ever taken and all debate is purely general debate based on a motion like "That this house has considered UK relations with Taiwan" (an example from the debate from today actually) or something which is entirely boring.  Its also where public petition committee things are often debated which means that all sorts of crazy stuff is debated within Westminster Hall.  Its hardly this huge big thing or any proof that such a thing was ever seriously considered by the government - indeed, ministers don't tend to speak in Westminster Hall debates because they've got better things to do - just that a backbench MP wanted to spark debate on the question and probably get a bit of attention to themselves so that they appear in the press - and it worked since it got lots of global news coverage!
ahugecat

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 10:58:14 AM »

A non-binding motion was debated in Westminster Hall; which is about as irrelevant and meaningless as its possible to get in that no votes are ever taken and all debate is purely general debate based on a motion like "That this house has considered UK relations with Taiwan" (an example from the debate from today actually) or something which is entirely boring.  Its also where public petition committee things are often debated which means that all sorts of crazy stuff is debated within Westminster Hall.  Its hardly this huge big thing or any proof that such a thing was ever seriously considered by the government - indeed, ministers don't tend to speak in Westminster Hall debates because they've got better things to do - just that a backbench MP wanted to spark debate on the question and probably get a bit of attention to themselves so that they appear in the press - and it worked since it got lots of global news coverage!

Know what else is "pointless?"

$100,000 in ads from Russian teenagers (most of which had nothing to do with the election and most were AFTER the election).

But now Hillary Clinton is literally blaming that for her loss.
ahugecat

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 11:00:11 AM »
« Edited: October 24, 2017, 11:01:49 AM by 60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED »

Judging by your inability to reply correctly, yes?

I try to get rid of quotes in my replies and sometimes I mess up, so what? Better than having to re-read the entire thread in every post.

And I love a guy had to edit his post who said the same thing. This one guy literally quoted the Yelstin Time cover TWICE in one post.
ahugecat

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2017, 11:00:52 AM »

Then you had to edit you reply hahahahaha.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2017, 11:22:17 AM »

His post was fixed.  You, on the other hand, are still an idiot.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »

Yes, I did edit to fix the quote string (and also to remove a petty remark that I had initially included but thought better of.)  I don't have a problem admitting an error and correcting myself.
ahugecat

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2017, 11:49:59 AM »

His post was fixed.  You, on the other hand, are still an idiot.

Don't re-quote the cover every time you reply dude. Just go to the url of the pic, highlight some of the URL, and hit backspace.

Every other post has that cover!
ahugecat

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2017, 11:51:24 AM »

Yes, I did edit to fix the quote string (and also to remove a petty remark that I had initially included but thought better of.)  I don't have a problem admitting an error and correcting myself.

So you're not infallible? Holy crap!

I love it when someone makes an error of their own by being snarky. You did the forum version of "your stupid!" hahaha.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2017, 12:04:50 PM »

One should Google the life expectancy drop Russia had under Yeltsin before they say the USA influencing his rise to power wasn't a big deal.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies