Twitter account pretending to be TN GOP was actually run by Russian troll farm (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:23:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Twitter account pretending to be TN GOP was actually run by Russian troll farm (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Twitter account pretending to be TN GOP was actually run by Russian troll farm  (Read 2073 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: October 18, 2017, 05:36:36 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Many more details in the story.  According to the Daily Beast, DJT Jr., Kellyanne Conway, and other Trump staffers pushed tweets from this account in the days leading up to the election.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 12:41:29 PM »

A Russian troll farm?  I usually think of trolls as being more Scandinavian. Interesting to think of them growing barley on the steppe.

Maybe they're from the Kola Peninsula.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 07:18:44 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 07:22:31 PM by GeorgiaModerate »

[img]http://img.timeinc.net/t

So what?  I'm fine with interfering in other country's elections if it advances America's interests, the important thing is that we not let anyone do it to us.  Foreign policy isn't a friendship circle, you're supposed to look out for your country's interests.

Y'know, at least Santander embraces and admits to being a piece of s**t.

Unlike the vast majority if not everybody on this form, I actually read with great interest that Time magazine article when it came out. The comparisons to the vast government-sponsored efforts to undermine our elections, no matter how much Trump apologists poo poo them, aren't apples and oranges compared to the support our government informally gave Yeltsin, it's comparing raisins to watermelons. Or more apsley raisins to entire watermelon Farms.

the Clinton administration Set It Off several campaign strategists to teach them how to run a modern 1990s media election. I seem to recall James Carvel was among them, but don't quote me on that. Basically they took yeltsin's people who obviously knew nothing about waging a democratic campaign to fight the ultra-nationalist Pro communist forces that are embodied by Putin, and might kill Russian democracy in its cradle. Furthermore, this was hardly a top-secret CIA operation. It obviously wasn't advertised by the Yeltsin campaign, but it's not like this was done with CIA funding or the like. It was given President Clinton's blessing, and for damn good reason. What in hell is so bad about teaching a previously non democratic Nation the skills of campaigning in a new democracy? Oh yeah, maybe that little thing that it also benefits American National interest unlike Putin?

That is an idiotic bordering on disingenuous comparison to the near 200 full-time Russian government paid hackers and trolls employed explicitly to spread disinformation and Alexei Putin backed government.

Lol you're literally admitting the USA helped Yelstin, yet think some Russian teenage trolls affected the election?

Come on man, do you think we're stupid or something?

If the shoe fits...
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 11:37:29 AM »

Yes, I did edit to fix the quote string (and also to remove a petty remark that I had initially included but thought better of.)  I don't have a problem admitting an error and correcting myself.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies