Happy birthday Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:15:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Happy birthday Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Happy birthday Hillary Clinton  (Read 1695 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2017, 10:35:10 AM »

Knock, knock  
Who's there?
The person America chose to be president over your pathetic ass
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »

And honestly, it really is exciting to receive the first Wonder Woman Award. Yes! I, um, I saw the movie. I loved the outfit. My granddaughter was really keen on Wonder Woman, so I thought maybe I could borrow something from her for the night. It didn’t quite work for me, but I will say that this award means a lot to me because as a little girl, and then as a young woman, and then as a slightly older woman, I always wondered when Wonder Woman would have her time, and now that has happened.

And yes, little girls now have new role models like Wonder Women. I had a hunch that I would like that movie—a strong woman who tuned out the naysayers and helped save the world from a massive international disaster. That’s right up my alley . . . But this is about more than just making better or representative movies, it’s about the need for better representation of women in all walks of life. You cannot be what you cannot see. We’ve all heard that. I am exhibit A of the fact that there are times when progress can feel like it’s two steps forward, one step back.

In my book, What Happened, I called for radical empathy. People have got to start listening to one another and not treating each other as though we were somehow off limits because we have different skin color or a different religion or sexual orientation or whatever it might be.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/10/hillary-clinton-wonder-woman-award?mbid=social_facebook
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2017, 11:04:54 AM »

And honestly, it really is exciting to receive the first Wonder Woman Award. Yes! I, um, I saw the movie. I loved the outfit. My granddaughter was really keen on Wonder Woman, so I thought maybe I could borrow something from her for the night. It didn’t quite work for me, but I will say that this award means a lot to me because as a little girl, and then as a young woman, and then as a slightly older woman, I always wondered when Wonder Woman would have her time, and now that has happened.

And yes, little girls now have new role models like Wonder Women. I had a hunch that I would like that movie—a strong woman who tuned out the naysayers and helped save the world from a massive international disaster. That’s right up my alley . . . But this is about more than just making better or representative movies, it’s about the need for better representation of women in all walks of life. You cannot be what you cannot see. We’ve all heard that. I am exhibit A of the fact that there are times when progress can feel like it’s two steps forward, one step back.

In my book, What Happened, I called for radical empathy. People have got to start listening to one another and not treating each other as though we were somehow off limits because we have different skin color or a different religion or sexual orientation or whatever it might be.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017/10/hillary-clinton-wonder-woman-award?mbid=social_facebook

Someone's still full of herself. This is about as big of a deal as Bruce Caitlyn Jenner winning the courage award. There are many more women who are a better influence than Crooked Hillary
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2017, 11:10:43 AM »

I'm still pissed she's not our President. Oh well, she's traveling the world being treated like a Queen while Donald is a miserable SOB struggling to do his own job. I'm sure she is having the time of her life!
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2017, 11:15:14 AM »

I'm still pissed she's not our President. Oh well, she's traveling the world being treated like a Queen while Donald is a miserable SOB struggling to do his own job. I'm sure she is having the time of her life!

Two Words: NEIL GORSUCH!
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2017, 11:35:23 AM »

Knock, knock  
Who's there?
The person America chose to be president over your pathetic ass, but didn't win the more important electoral college after severe hubris told her to avoid states that were "supposed to be automatic D because "My Firewall!"

FTFY. She has no one to blame but herself. I would add Mook has a lot to due with the snafu of not going to WI, MI, and PA.
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2017, 11:43:08 AM »

Two Words: NEIL GORSUCH!

If it makes you feel better, but thats an incredibly low bar.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2017, 11:45:02 AM »

Knock, knock  
Who's there?
The person America chose to be president over your pathetic ass, but didn't win the more important electoral college after severe hubris told her to avoid states that were "supposed to be automatic D because "My Firewall!"

FTFY. She has no one to blame but herself. I would add Mook has a lot to due with the snafu of not going to WI, MI, and PA.

She actually campaigned quite a lot in Pennsylvania. But only really in Philly and suburbs.

Again, the Democratic hubris of "oh, the city will carry the state for me, np." Past does not necessarily make precedent, esp. in populist cycles and refreshed demos. Mook should have been fired the moment he suggested a liberalism only, urban only campaign like that.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2017, 02:07:43 PM »

Again, the Democratic hubris of "oh, the city will carry the state for me, np." Past does not necessarily make precedent, esp. in populist cycles and refreshed demos. Mook should have been fired the moment he suggested a liberalism only, urban only campaign like that.

I don't think it's Mook's fault because Clinton wanted that strategy. It's how she thought Obama won. The difference is Obama actually got a lot of rural whites as well (won Iowa by what, 6 in 2012?).

But nothing is every Hillary's fault. She is infallible. God Save the Queen!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies