Def gotta call Wulfric out for this PM
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:17:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Def gotta call Wulfric out for this PM
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Def gotta call Wulfric out for this PM  (Read 886 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 19, 2017, 01:30:08 AM »

Mainly for

1) Sending it even to me
2) Thinking anybody (normal) would read that gigantic wall o' text

Hello all,

I am running for the Fremont Senate seat in this weekend's election, as the ONLY INDEPENDENT OPPOSITION to the extremely liberal Senator Siren, who proudly sports a green party avatar, is 100% in support of the values of that party, is far, far more liberal than prominent labor party stalwarts such as Blair, and does not care about any interests aside from those of an extreme leftist agenda, perhaps even to the left of Bernie Sanders. I also stand in firm opposition to the conservative candidate, "Greedo the Hunter", who does not care for the values of the people of Fremont either. While I will reluctantly support him if I cannot be elected, as anyone is better than Siren, I am a far better choice, because I am not beholden to an extreme liberal line, or an extreme conservative line, but rather am an independent, who has voted both labor and conservative for president, who preferences both liberal and conservative candidates in my top 5 picks for house races, and who will take a firm look at each issue, and vote what is best for the people of Fremont rather than what is best for any political party or organization. 

I ask for your vote because I am the only candidate who will vote with whoever is elected president when they are right, and vote against them when they are wrong - while my opponents will vote nearly unanimously with a president from their party (While Siren may not officially have an Atlasian Party, she is clearly strongly affiliated with the most radical elements of the labor party, and will vote with such elements 100% of the time) and nearly unanimously against a president not from their party, regardless of the particular issue up for debate. I ask for your vote because I will work across the aisle to achieve the best results for Atlasia, while having a strong platform outlining my basic goals in office, while always being willing to stand up to leadership when it is right.

If Fthagn is elected, I will definitely not be a rubber stamp for her. You can see in my platform that I am clearly to the left of the federalist platform on taxes and defense, and am likely to the left of the average federalist member on Drug legalization and Immigration.  I will not be afraid to oppose Fthagn or other federalist leadership when it is best for Atlasia. To avoid pressure to conform, I have avoided becoming a member of the Federalist Party even though some in the party have pressured me to join. Similarly, if a liberal president is elected, I will stand against them when it is right. Unlike Siren, I understand that while the practice of abortion should be legal early in a pregnancy, after the first 10 weeks it must be heavily restricted if we are to have any reasonable claim to care about the lives of our fellow citizens.  I will also stand firmly against any efforts to establish a single payer health care system. I stand firmly against the eradication of free trade, and against deficit spending. At the same time, I will work with anyone, and look for good ideas from all sides.

I make 3 promises to the people of Fremont:

1. That I will not vote in favor of any bill that I have not personally read in full.
2. That I will not vote to increase the deficit unless circumstances leave no other rational decision.
3. That regardless of who wins the presidential election, I will vote for or against bills solely on their merits (except as stated under 1.), and never based on the party of the congressperson or president that proposed it.

My full platform is below.  This cannot and does not cover every situation, and I do not believe that compromise is a dirty word. I may cast votes which seem to go against these statements if I feel that the bill as a whole is good for Atlasia despite containing provisions which with I disagree. Please feel free to ask me to clarify any of this or talk about an issue that is not covered. I hope to earn your vote in this election!

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 01:33:18 AM »

To avoid pressure to conform, I have avoided becoming a member of the Federalist Party even though some in the party have pressured me to join.

Gee, I wonder who?

Roll Eyes
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 01:59:35 AM »

I don't think I ever seen a PM that long before.

That said, Adam, posting PMs is a violation of the TOS. But as a rule I don't report posts. Tongue
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 01:59:48 AM »

Sorry, but this isn't newsworthy. In past races, MY OPPONENT sent me their campaign pm. I understand that you may have some carefully choreographed voter behavior model that carefully selects who you pm and who you don't, but I'm just going through a list of who in Fremont voted in the last presidential election.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 05:18:54 AM »

He sent it to me. I'm registered in Lincoln.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »

Why are 2/3 candidates running for Fremont senate trying to showoff their pro-life credentials? Fremont is a left-leaning region...
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 05:23:18 PM »

Wulfric is Donald Trump Jr confirmed.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 05:38:03 PM »

I wonder how many hours he devoted to write this.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 06:15:21 PM »

I wonder how many hours he devoted to write this.

The actual writing took well under an hour.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2017, 07:54:47 PM »

Why are 2/3 candidates running for Fremont senate trying to showoff their pro-life credentials? Fremont is a left-leaning region...
Because I support all lives.
Let me ask you this if it was a gun they shot at a 15 week old baby would that be okay?
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2017, 08:54:14 PM »

I'd like to share my response to Wulfric and hope that all Fremontians do the same:

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2017, 09:00:10 PM »

I'd like to share my response to Wulfric and hope that all Fremontians do the same:

If I were to host a beer summit between you two to work out your differences, would you both attend?

This fighting breaks my heart. Sad
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 09:02:21 PM »

Not sure how an actual beer summit between someone living in IA/MN and someone living in OH would work out. But if we could make it happen somehow, I'd attend.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 10:43:59 PM »

His loss Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length