October Elections Tracker (All elections)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:55:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  October Elections Tracker (All elections)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: October Elections Tracker (All elections)  (Read 5181 times)
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2017, 09:53:43 PM »
« edited: October 22, 2017, 09:56:57 PM by Deputy GM Encke »

Also, I have to say that I'm mystified by the recent push by Labor to funnel votes toward Lumine. IIRC around 8 Lumine voters had transfers that favored fhtagn, and around 3 Truman voters had transfers that favored fhtagn. Pushing Lumine to second place really only accomplishes three things:
1) it decreases fhtagn's final margin by 5 votes, which is irrelevant because many of Lumine's votes exhaust themselves anyway,
2) it makes a lot of Laborites look silly for voting for someone who ran as a 'true conservative,' and
3) it makes Truman look like a bad candidate (hell, he has fewer votes than Clyde did in June).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2017, 10:23:02 PM »

Also, I have to say that I'm mystified by the recent push by Labor to funnel votes toward Lumine. IIRC around 8 Lumine voters had transfers that favored fhtagn, and around 3 Truman voters had transfers that favored fhtagn. Pushing Lumine to second place really only accomplishes three things:
1) it decreases fhtagn's final margin by 5 votes, which is irrelevant because many of Lumine's votes exhaust themselves anyway,
2) it makes a lot of Laborites look silly for voting for someone who ran as a 'true conservative,' and
3) it makes Truman look like a bad candidate (hell, he has fewer votes than Clyde did in June).

Labor is a party in trouble, making questionable decisions. I could speculate all day on why they are doing what they are doing, but in the end it is just another step in the long train of Labor's slow decline. Futile gestures of this sort do not speak to a party that is healthy, or powerful, or on a strong path forward. I look forward to Laborites denying this characterization, but the proof is in the pudding; the election results are what matters.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2017, 10:35:10 PM »

Labor is a party in trouble, making questionable decisions. I could speculate all day on why they are doing what they are doing, but in the end it is just another step in the long train of Labor's slow decline. Futile gestures of this sort do not speak to a party that is healthy, or powerful, or on a strong path forward. I look forward to Laborites denying this characterization, but the proof is in the pudding; the election results are what matters.

Be careful PiT, remember early 2015 was not that long ago. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2017, 10:50:40 PM »

Be careful PiT, remember early 2015 was not that long ago. Tongue

Yes, and nobody particularly claimed the Federalist Party was in a good situation then. As a result of that experience, I know better than to describe Labor as being doomed, as many claimed we were then. But they are nevertheless in trouble.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2017, 10:52:33 PM »

Something may be off in your Lincoln Senate count, Encke. When I go through the thread and count the ballots, I keep on getting 23 R2D2, 22 Clyde (as of Bacon's vote) (taking the four invalids listed in the OP into account) (not counting R2D2's vote). You have 22-22.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2017, 10:59:23 PM »

Something may be off in your Lincoln Senate count, Encke. When I go through the thread and count the ballots, I keep on getting 23 R2D2, 22 Clyde (as of Bacon's vote) (taking the four invalids listed in the OP into account) (not counting R2D2's vote). You have 22-22.

That's because I haven't counted r2d2s vote for himself yet. That decision will be at the discretion of the voting booth administrator.

Upon further examination, you skipped over Drew's vote for R2D2.
Encke
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2017, 11:01:24 PM »

That's because I haven't counted r2d2s vote for himself yet. That decision will be at the discretion of the voting booth administrator.

Drew is invalid.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2017, 11:03:11 PM »

Drew is invalid.

According to whom?
Encke
United States

« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2017, 11:04:31 PM »

Drew is invalid.

According to whom?

According to the Lincoln constitution. Wink
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2017, 11:05:24 PM »

Drew is invalid.
Just like how your vote is invalid LOL

According to whom?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2017, 11:06:24 PM »

@Greedo: The legality of R2D2's senate vote is unclear. Please do not attempt to pass judgment on that vote prior to the decision of the Lt. Governor.
Encke
United States

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2017, 11:08:43 PM »

@Greedo: The legality of R2D2's senate vote is unclear. Please do not attempt to pass judgment on that vote prior to the decision of the Lt. Governor.

That isn't even the vote that's questionable. R2D2's vote is the one that is TBD. It is widely known that to vote in Lincoln elections, one must be eligible to vote for presidential elections.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This means that voters must satisfy the 10 posts in 56 days requirement, which Drew fails to meet.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2017, 11:11:23 PM »

Look at what I was responding to again:

Drew is invalid.

According to whom?

Bold for emphasis. Greedo was telling R2D2 that his (R2D2's) vote was invalid, albeit with faulty bb code. I was telling Greedo to not make assumptions regarding R2D2's vote.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2017, 11:11:32 PM »

That isn't even the vote that's questionable. R2D2's vote is the one that is TBD. It is widely known that to vote in Lincoln elections, one must be eligible to vote for presidential elections.

This means that voters must satisfy the 10 posts in 56 days requirement, which Drew fails to meet.
So is he up by 1 or tied?
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2017, 11:12:11 PM »

So is he up by 1 or tied?

R2D2 is up by 1 if his vote for himself is counted and is tied otherwise.
Encke
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2017, 11:12:41 PM »

Look at what I was responding to again:

Drew is invalid.

According to whom?

Bold for emphasis. Greedo was telling R2D2 that his (R2D2's) vote was invalid, albeit with faulty bb code. I was telling Greedo to not make assumptions regarding R2D2's vote.

These nested quotes get confusing. Sorry about that.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2017, 11:39:51 PM »

@Encke: Ah, thanks. Just wanted to make sure.

@Greedo: I really don't want to dignify you with a response, but you've coerced one out of me.

You have been registered in this game just shy of 3 weeks. I have governed at the regional and federal level dating back to 2011. I have put in countless hours writing legislation, working with my colleagues across all ideological persuasions, finding the solutions that work best for the people of Atlasia, and for you to try to play big shot and spit on my reputation and my hard work is not a good look for you.

I get this game is different than it was when I first joined, but that doesn't mean that you have the right to call me a Marxist and act like a child because I am in a contested Senate race. Am I as active as I used to be? No. As I've gotten older, I've taken on more responsibilities in real life. I still try to be as active as I can with my schedule permitting. I have never once supported a Marxist cause unironically, nor have I ever written or voted in favor of legislation that could even liberally be interpreted as Marxist.

If you have a problem with the things I believe, engage me on them. You never once posted in my office thread trying to confront me on this so-called Marxism that I embrace, so why are you choosing to go that route now? And besides, you are not a constituent of mine, so why do you care so deeply about what I believe? Care more about how I vote. Care more about the fact that I am an active legislator who has worked with Federalists to find bipartisan solutions. I have stood my ground where I have seen fit, but I have never done so in a way that compromises my dedication to the people who I represent.

Stop trying to stoke the fires because you want to gain political points. You may impress your party, but your integrity will be compromised and if you can live with that, then fine. Try playing the game the way it was intended: make friends with your fellow Fremontians. Start in the legislature and earn your way into the Senate. And don't pick fights with people who have years of experience on you.

At any rate, this will only come back to bite me, but I don't care. I'll be back tomorrow to put this behind me and advance with my next move in the Senate race once a decision has been reached.

Encke, thank you for your dedication in keeping these results up to date. Your work is truly impressive.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2017, 12:01:35 AM »

Vote finished in this toss up senate race
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2017, 12:02:30 AM »

And the polls have closed. On to the courts to resolve Lincoln Senate!
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 12:03:07 AM »

It’s a tie unless R2’s vote is counted
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2017, 12:03:16 AM »

There is no process for what happens in a tied Lincoln election
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2017, 12:10:46 AM »

There is no process for what happens in a tied Lincoln election

Senator R2D2 and I are reasonable people. I'm sure we can agree on some tiebreaker - if it comes to that.

We first need to wait for the Lt. Governor to certify the results, anyway.
Encke
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2017, 12:16:57 AM »

The election is now over.

In the presidential election, fhtagn has 50.0%, which is not the absolute majority required to win. LLR is thus eliminated and his votes transferred. 3 go to Truman and 2 to Lumine, with 1 exhausted. As a result of the exhausted vote, fhtagn receives 50.4% on the second ballot and is elected.

In the House election, all Federalists candidates are elected above quota. Thumb is eliminated with the least votes. All Federalists and Laborites on the ballot are elected.

Siren wins the Fremont election by a 75% margin.

The cinyc and R2D2 election hinges on the validity of R2D2's vote.

Lok1999 is elected as governor of Lincoln.

I still need to transfer votes and stuff for the Assembly election, but it is likely that the elected members are cxsmith, ReaganClinton, and Blair. Kyc is not re-elected.

Dfwlibertylover is the Southern governor, and all 7 candidates excluding Liam are elected to the Chamber.
Encke
United States

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2017, 12:21:25 AM »

Also, that Presidential map looks reaaaaally ugly.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2017, 09:29:48 AM »

I don't know whether I should be proud or concerned that I make up 41% of Labor house votes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies