Democrats worried about an expensive primary war for Dianne Feinstein's seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:04:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats worried about an expensive primary war for Dianne Feinstein's seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats worried about an expensive primary war for Dianne Feinstein's seat  (Read 1722 times)
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 22, 2017, 07:51:25 PM »

Then they shouldn’t waste a single penny on the race. We all know Feinstein is going to win another term and if not, we will still have a democrat seated from California. Use the funds for Arizona, Nevada, and competitive congressional races.

Pretty much this. Not quite as assured of a Feinstein victory, but a Republican won't take this seat. If it does turn out to be Feinstein vs De León, national organizations should waste their money on an assured Dem seat. If the goal is to beat Republicans, there's no sense in fooling around in a 100% assured Dem seat.

I really wish that Feinstein wasn't running. She's a fossil. No butts about it. Sure, she's still pretty coherent (compare to Cochran), but she's way out of synch with California. If she represented Missouri or some place like that, I'd back her 100%. But not in California. We can do better.

Hell, if Feinstein was running, I guarantee that De León wouldn't be the only major Dem officeholder to run, so there could still be the "issue" of two major Dems running in the general. Again, there's no sense in wasting money on that when a close seat like Arizona or Nevada could be targeted instead. Any big groups wasting money on a Feinstein vs De León race should be ashamed of themselves and aren't worth donating to. I can understand CA groups, but national groups should really stay out of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies