Democrats worried about an expensive primary war for Dianne Feinstein's seat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:58:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Democrats worried about an expensive primary war for Dianne Feinstein's seat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats worried about an expensive primary war for Dianne Feinstein's seat  (Read 1693 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: October 23, 2017, 09:00:06 AM »

If the general election is Feinstein vs de Leon, that would be amazing. However, to really get the benefit of depressed Republican turnout, the Governor's race needs to be DvD as well, or maybe at least Democrat vs Ultimate "Some Dude," although I'm not sure how bad that would be for the CAGOP in terms of turnout.

While not as interesting, I'd also note that Republican state legislative candidates in California would be in trouble if no Republican made it to the GE in CA's Senate/Governors races. They rely on ticket splitting and optimal Republican turnout to stay afloat in Romney/Clinton or Obama/Clinton districts. If they see lower turnout and more straight ticket voting in 2018, Democrats could really sweep legislative races and build a comfortable supermajority.

You beat me to it. The prospect of having both the Governor's race and the Senate race be D vs. D is highly problematic to down-ballot Republicans. And when I say highly problematic, I really mean catastrophic. Securing the supermajorities is just the beginning. If 5-7+ Congressional Republicans are facing defeat, Nancy Pelosi will easily be Speaker once again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies