Dickinson, Texas requires those seeking Hurricane relief to be Pro-Israel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:37:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dickinson, Texas requires those seeking Hurricane relief to be Pro-Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Dickinson, Texas requires those seeking Hurricane relief to be Pro-Israel  (Read 2955 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »

Assuming that you're serious, how can you possibly justify people being denied aid after a natural disaster for the mere crime of their views on foreign policy?
There are enough decent people in need of aid. Let's help them first. I do not have compassion with those who want my fellow Jews in Israel to die.
If you are imposing a political test in exchange for aid, you are horrible on human rights. Most of the people seeking aid probably don't even have much of an opinion on Israel.
which means they won't be targeted...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2017, 02:45:01 PM »

Assuming that you're serious, how can you possibly justify people being denied aid after a natural disaster for the mere crime of their views on foreign policy?
There are enough decent people in need of aid. Let's help them first. I do not have compassion with those who want my fellow Jews in Israel to die.
If you are imposing a political test in exchange for aid, you are horrible on human rights. Most of the people seeking aid probably don't even have much of an opinion on Israel.

But why should anyone be targeted at all? Aid should be given without political questions.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2017, 02:49:05 PM »

But why should anyone be targeted at all? Aid should be given without political questions.
I think everybody should be eligible for aid, but BDS supporters should be at the back of the line: decent people first. Why should I care about people who effectively demand the destruction of the Jewish people?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2017, 02:53:31 PM »

I think everybody should be eligible for aid, but BDS supporters should be at the back of the line: decent people first. Why should I care about people who effectively demand the destruction of the Jewish people?

It's not about what YOU think, it's about what is fair and government aid cannot have a litmus test for political reasons. If you don't want to donate to certain people, that is your right, but you can't demand a government litmus test for aid. That is unconstitutional, not to mention unethical.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2017, 02:59:25 PM »

It's not about what YOU think, it's about what is fair and government aid cannot have a litmus test for political reasons.
This thread kinda is about what we think? Or are you going to police others for giving their opinion too?

If you don't want to donate to certain people, that is your right, but you can't demand a government litmus test for aid. That is unconstitutional
Didn't know my opinions had to be in line with the U.S. constitution...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2017, 03:05:58 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 03:07:34 PM by Invisible Obama »

It's not about what YOU think, it's about what is fair and government aid cannot have a litmus test for political reasons.
This thread kinda is about what we think? Or are you going to police others for giving their opinion too?

If you don't want to donate to certain people, that is your right, but you can't demand a government litmus test for aid. That is unconstitutional
Didn't know my opinions had to be in line with the U.S. constitution...

No need to get hysterical. The basis of any law has to line up with the constitution and the thread is about the ordinance passed.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2017, 03:12:18 PM »

DavidB's PM score has been moving to the right again, so idc what he says I agree with him now Smiley (pls join the dark side again David! Just say you completely disagree with giving poor people healthcare and you're there!).

This thread is peak Atlas btw, I love it Smiley. I don't agree with this measure but it's not that hard to fill on a form that you're not boycotting Israel lol (and Texas has the best people, so I doubt anyone is boycotting Israel anyway Smiley).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2017, 03:54:14 PM »

Even people who are horrible people deserve to get aid, and the government should have no right to judge whether someone is decent or not based on their personal opinions .

One reason why America is greater than Europe , is the fact that Americans get more free speech rights.

America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2017, 05:17:02 PM »

Israel is actively engaged in apartheid essentially no different from that which existed in South Africa prior to 1994; and anyone who supports Israel in these activities is a bad person.

BDS supporters are not anti-Jewish; in fact, many BDS supporters are themselves Jewish.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2017, 06:37:37 PM »

Were most of the Muslim applicants denied?
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2017, 06:50:16 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 06:54:30 PM by Kringla Heimsins »

How do you make sure someone is not boycotting Israel? Do you have to buy made in Israel products with the Hurricane relief money or something?

Aside from immoral, this pledge is unenforceable and therefore useless. This is 100% pure bad optics. Congrats!

One reason why America is greater than Europe , is the fact that Americans get more free speech rights.

Nice troll. This kind of sh**t almost never happens here (on the continent, at least. Let's not talk about the UK).
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: October 23, 2017, 07:41:14 PM »

Israel is actively engaged in apartheid essentially no different from that which existed in South Africa prior to 1994; and anyone who supports Israel in these activities is a bad person.

BDS supporters are not anti-Jewish; in fact, many BDS supporters are themselves Jewish.

Because this needs to be explained again...

1. There is no apartheid in Israel. Israeli Arabs have equal rights. The Palestinians are not citizens, they are under military occupation due to the territory they live in being claimed in a war. This is a very different thing than apartheid, and should be addressed on its own terms.

2. BDS does not want peace, or rights for Palestinians. They want the elimination of the Jewish state of Israel. They seek to make every Israeli, and every Jew who doesn't knuckle under to their demands, an unperson. Every BDS supporter is either an anti-semite, or ignorant of what the organization they claim to support actually supports.

3. None of this is relevant to dumb ideological purity tests created by the goyim so they can virtue-signal over Israel.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2017, 09:49:21 PM »

I seriously doubt most American Muslims make an effort to boycott Israel in their daily lives.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2017, 09:53:32 PM »

I seriously doubt most American Muslims make an effort to boycott Israel in their daily lives.

But a majority would probably fail an Israel loyalty oath.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2017, 10:01:40 PM »

Are you being obtuse, or do you actually believe that? Most Muslims in this country don't care one way or the other, and thus would not fail an Israel loyalty oath...unless Netanyahu was writing them.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2017, 10:04:02 PM »

Are you being obtuse, or do you actually believe that? Most Muslims in this country don't care one way or the other, and thus would not fail an Israel loyalty oath...unless Netanyahu was writing them.

I don't think most Muslims would be OK with an oath requiring them to not boycott Israel.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2017, 10:20:48 PM »

1. There is no apartheid in Israel. Israeli Arabs have equal rights. The Palestinians are not citizens, they are under military occupation due to the territory they live in being claimed in a war. This is a very different thing than apartheid, and should be addressed on its own terms.

That no apartheid comment would have some validity if the State of Israel wasn't deciding which parts of the West Bank it wants to annex and which it wants to leave to Palestinian Bantustans.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2017, 10:30:17 PM »

I'm always struck by why Jews tend to vote so strongly Democratic when it is quite clear that Democrats are far from fond of Israel.

I remember about 10-12 years ago or so, Rush Limbaugh had a caller ask him that question. Rush said, "Because they're liberals first and Jews second."

Why should American Jews care about Israel? Israel is simply a country, not a religion or an ethnicity, no matter how much it pretends to be.  It can not speak for all Jews and Jews are under absolutely no obligation to show any loyalty towards it.

Because people keep trying to kill us, and we like to have a place we can flee to if we need to - or that can threaten said countries with actual consequences if they intend to seal their borders and wipe us out rather than allow us to leave.

That assumes that the State of Israel will forever be able to maintain military superiority over its neighbors. One nation remaining on top forever is something that has never happened before in history and there is zero reason to think that will ever change.  I'll grant that the status quo of Israeli conventional military superiority in the region will remain true for the remainder of at least my lifetime and probably the remainder of the lifetime of any of our posters here.  Even a nuclear exchange is unlikely to happen unless Israel actively moves to take control of the Temple Mount, and I don't see any Israeli government being that reckless in my lifetime.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2017, 11:45:28 PM »

Sure thing man. People can be dying on the street without healthcare tripping on opiates, but at least they got freeze peach.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 11:52:56 PM »

David I have one more question also to ask:

How does someone's view on Israel in Dickinson, Texas affect Israel ? They do not work in the state department , the congress, or for the president so how does a random guy's personal beliefs affect Israel?

For example if Dickinson, Texas made people asking for Hurricane relief support India I also would oppose it 100% as that would be violating those people's freedom of speech.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2017, 06:56:20 AM »

Putting aside the matter that this policy interferes with First Amendment rights, and would surely fail in court if challenged, are you not concerned about the precedent this sets if it were somehow allowed to stand? What would prevent Berkeley, CA from tying aid someday to a pledge to boycott goods from Israel?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »

2. BDS does not want peace, or rights for Palestinians. They want the elimination of the Jewish state of Israel. They seek to make every Israeli, and every Jew who doesn't knuckle under to their demands, an unperson. Every BDS supporter is either an anti-semite, or ignorant of what the organization they claim to support actually supports.

3. None of this is relevant to dumb ideological purity tests created by the goyim so they can virtue-signal over Israel.

The Palestinian people in the occupied territories which is under Israeli control and are treated differently to normal Israelis, this is not moral. While the jewish people in the occupied territories are given full rights. This is a form of apartheid.

It is the colonisation of Palestine, and the subsequent apartheid of the Palestinian people that live there.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2017, 10:32:52 AM »

Consider the above to be my personal underlying feelings, and I wouldn't lose sleep over Dickinson's law unexpectedly holding in court  -- but yes, I agree that it is better for the government not to make a distinction in whom to provide with aid. But private organizations should first help decent people in need, which excludes BDS supporters.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2017, 11:39:28 AM »

The Palestinian people in the occupied territories which is under Israeli control and are treated differently to normal Israelis, this is not moral. While the jewish people in the occupied territories are given full rights. This is a form of apartheid.

It is the colonisation of Palestine, and the subsequent apartheid of the Palestinian people that live there.

It is impossible to "colonize" your own homeland. Claiming Israel is "colonized" erases Jewish indigenous roots, and as such is inherently anti-semitic.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2017, 11:40:21 AM »

Ray and David are better at convincing people Zionism is evil than I ever could be. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies