Dickinson, Texas requires those seeking Hurricane relief to be Pro-Israel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:30:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Dickinson, Texas requires those seeking Hurricane relief to be Pro-Israel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dickinson, Texas requires those seeking Hurricane relief to be Pro-Israel  (Read 2958 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« on: October 23, 2017, 12:47:22 PM »

Great news!
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 01:37:16 PM »

Some rando on the internet more than 10.000 km away from me doesn't like me. Okay.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:41 PM »

Assuming that you're serious, how can you possibly justify people being denied aid after a natural disaster for the mere crime of their views on foreign policy?
There are enough decent people in need of aid. Let's help them first. I do not have compassion with those who want my fellow Jews in Israel to die.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »

Assuming that you're serious, how can you possibly justify people being denied aid after a natural disaster for the mere crime of their views on foreign policy?
There are enough decent people in need of aid. Let's help them first. I do not have compassion with those who want my fellow Jews in Israel to die.
If you are imposing a political test in exchange for aid, you are horrible on human rights. Most of the people seeking aid probably don't even have much of an opinion on Israel.
which means they won't be targeted...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 02:49:05 PM »

If you are imposing a political test in exchange for aid, you are horrible on human rights. Most of the people seeking aid probably don't even have much of an opinion on Israel.
which means they won't be targeted...
But why should anyone be targeted at all? Aid should be given without political questions.
I think everybody should be eligible for aid, but BDS supporters should be at the back of the line: decent people first. Why should I care about people who effectively demand the destruction of the Jewish people?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 02:59:25 PM »

It's not about what YOU think, it's about what is fair and government aid cannot have a litmus test for political reasons.
This thread kinda is about what we think? Or are you going to police others for giving their opinion too?

If you don't want to donate to certain people, that is your right, but you can't demand a government litmus test for aid. That is unconstitutional
Didn't know my opinions had to be in line with the U.S. constitution...
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 11:45:28 PM »

One reason why America is greater than Europe , is the fact that Americans get more free speech rights.
Sure thing man. People can be dying on the street without healthcare tripping on opiates, but at least they got freeze peach.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 10:32:52 AM »

Consider the above to be my personal underlying feelings, and I wouldn't lose sleep over Dickinson's law unexpectedly holding in court  -- but yes, I agree that it is better for the government not to make a distinction in whom to provide with aid. But private organizations should first help decent people in need, which excludes BDS supporters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies