Virginia Middle Schoolers caught simulating racist sex acts on fellow students (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:33:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Virginia Middle Schoolers caught simulating racist sex acts on fellow students (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Virginia Middle Schoolers caught simulating racist sex acts on fellow students  (Read 1965 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: October 22, 2017, 01:57:40 PM »

To blame Trump for this is as ridiculous as blaming Obama for increased attacks on police.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 03:50:39 PM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 10:57:15 PM »

To blame Trump for this is as ridiculous as blaming Obama for increased attacks on police.

Tell you what - when President Moron stops taking credit for the stock market, the employment rate, the defeat of ISIS, and the sun rising in the morning, then I'll stop blaming him for stuff like this until then, it's his damned fault. (And if he stops the day after the stock market tanks, that doesn't count.)

So you agree that Obama was responsible for the increase on attacks on police?  While I disagree with you, it's your right to express such a conclusion.

Maybe this is Bill Clinton's fault.

Or maybe, just maybe, such episodes of crude sexual acting-out are the result of the decline of Christian moral standards being operative in communities.  Yes, I know that this is something you're all in favor of, and we mustn't stigmatize anything (other than racism and sexism, of course). 

But the stigmatization of pre-marital and extramarital sex did, very much, serve as a deterrant to behaviors such as this.  These young folks, MIDDLE SCHOOLERS (not even High Schoolers) carrying on in this manner, ought to be shocking, but I would hardly blame Donald Trump for the fact that these kids felt insufficient inhibition to keep them from doing this.

As for the italicized part, if all of that happened, I'm certain you wouldn't keep your word.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 12:12:04 AM »

Tell you what - when President Moron stops taking credit for the stock market, the employment rate, the defeat of ISIS, and the sun rising in the morning, then I'll stop blaming him for stuff like this until then, it's his damned fault. (And if he stops the day after the stock market tanks, that doesn't count.)

So you agree that Obama was responsible for the increase on attacks on police?  While I disagree with you, it's your right to express such a conclusion.

Maybe this is Bill Clinton's fault.

Or maybe, just maybe, such episodes of crude sexual acting-out are the result of the decline of Christian moral standards being operative in communities.  Yes, I know that this is something you're all in favor of, and we mustn't stigmatize anything (other than racism and sexism, of course). 

But the stigmatization of pre-marital and extramarital sex did, very much, serve as a deterrant to behaviors such as this.  These young folks, MIDDLE SCHOOLERS (not even High Schoolers) carrying on in this manner, ought to be shocking, but I would hardly blame Donald Trump for the fact that these kids felt insufficient inhibition to keep them from doing this.

As for the italicized part, if all of that happened, I'm certain you wouldn't keep your word.

When there was so much religion & Christian standards, people have slaves, raped those slaves, killed people brutality. Islam & ISIS have a problem today but Christianity's history is filled with killings, rapes & wars of conquest. So, the idea if people are religious & are stupid enough to believe in some non-nonsensical sky god, they will live moral good lives, is wishful fantasy at best.

I would argue (not that you're open-minded) that these wars have to do with disobedience to Biblical commands, not adherence to them.  But, yes, the fear of God IS the beginning of all wisdom.  The idea that God really is aware of folks' actions, and will sanction those actions is, very much, a constraining influence.  One who truly believes that God is who He says he is, and that the Bible really is His Word, is constrained by knowledge of His Word  This does not mean that such a person will never sin, but it does mean that such a person will be under conviction when they do sin.  And it also means that such a person is less likely to act on their more ungodly thoughts because of the knowledge of who God is, and the conviction disobedience to His Word brings.

In a more Christian-ized society, such as the one I grew up in (the 1960s), Judeo-Christian morals were the standard of conduct for all; even unbelievers and skeptics recognized the last 5 commandments of the Ten Commandments as public morality.  (The "thou shalt nots".)  As folks were more churched back then, there were social stigmas attached to behaviors such as the ones in that video.  Yes, even the racism would be frowned upon in most Christian settings.  The stigmas seemed cruel, but they kept teenagers, by and large, from being sexually active and obscene.  There were fewer teenage pregnancies, and they weren't celebrated; being a "Teem Mom" wasn't cause for celebration and reality TV.

Today, we have a coarsened society that is sexually overstimulated.  Donald Trump did not create this (although he's a bit of a product of it, I grant you).  These kids at this middle school are at an age where they are a combination of curious, stimulated, and uninhibited, and society has removed many of the external inhibitions on their behavior.  Not only did they do what they did, they made a video to boot.  (I haven't viewed the video; I'll take the word of folks describing it.)  No one here had enough shame, or enough fear, to not go through with this.

I'll allow law enforcement to decide if the incident merits criminal charges.  I would point out, however, that these are MIDDLE SCHOOLERS.  The school's website indicates the school is for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders.  That's kids ages 11-14, normally.  There are some folks here that wish to make these kids suffer long-term, but who, at the same time, are bent out of shape over Hillary Clinton (THE Hillary Clinton) buying into the description of young black teenage criminals as "super-predators" back in the 1990s.  Were we wrong about that judgment?  Were we a bit harsh and uncaring as to whose lives we threw away (albeit, in the name of public safety)?  I'm not sure what the proper course of action with these kids is, but some acknowledgment of there age is appropriate.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies