Chat Across The Nation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:13:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Chat Across The Nation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Chat Across The Nation  (Read 3065 times)
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 26, 2005, 05:11:57 PM »
« edited: August 26, 2005, 05:14:23 PM by LiberalPA »

*This picture was taken from my front porch

Good evening everyone!
*small group claps*
Thank you. I have chosen to start my 'Chat Across The Nation' tour here in my hometown of Pikeville, Pennsylvania because to me, it means more to meet with people in a village of less than 500 than it does to meet with CEO's of big companies. 99% of Americans are just like me and you. Growing up here gave me great knowledge: That growing up around the kind-hearted, hard working, average Atlasian is all you could ever ask for. I grew up picking strawberries, blueberries, apples and tons of other fruit every year. Hanging out at small community fairs petting cows and eating funnel cake. Pikeville is a great place to live.  But not all average Atlasians grow up in a rural area. Some live in big cities, going to the Basket ball court after school, hanging around with friends.  I also know that as an average person, you don't see much of candidates for large elected offices because they are in places with lots of people and money. Im here to change that. I will be touring the nation, not just in big cities, but in small ones, meeting with the people who matter most: The Atlasians that always get ignored. I say if youre going to pay thier salary, you should get a chance to meet them first.

I will gladly take any questions.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 05:25:28 PM »

That's a beautiful countryside, LiberalPA.

I would really like to meet up with you on our respective tours, so where do you think would be a good place? how about when?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 05:48:20 PM »

That's a beautiful countryside, LiberalPA.

I would really like to meet up with you on our respective tours, so where do you think would be a good place? how about when?
thank you EarlAW. Hmmm....well, where were you going next? i was thinking about heading off to Lexington, Massachusetts soon. What do you think? When we meet is up to you.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »

You gonna come by the Greater Tampa Area?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 06:21:25 PM »

yeah ill be there sometime in Early to mid September.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 06:33:41 PM »

I'm going to Oswego, NY next and then head off itno New England. Since you'll be there soon, we can meet up there, LiberalPA.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 06:39:57 PM »

I'm going to Oswego, NY next and then head off itno New England. Since you'll be there soon, we can meet up there, LiberalPA.
sounds like a good plan Smiley since i have a few days, im going jump on a plane now to my next destination: Far Hills, NJ! Uh-oh.....my plane leaves in 15 minutes! got to go! *runs out of building*
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 06:44:35 PM »

I'm taking the ol' bus myself. I like to keep in touch with the people Smiley
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 06:49:37 PM »

I'm taking the ol' bus myself. I like to keep in touch with the people Smiley
the birds need attention too Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 09:07:26 AM »

*Bump*
*steps off plane*
Hello everyone! Im so glad to be here in Far Hills, New Jersey! If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. I will answer tonight when I speak to the great people of this town.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 10:13:40 AM »

Okay, let me get this straight, you're really going across America, or just fantasy going across Atlasia?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 10:16:19 AM »

Okay, let me get this straight, you're really going across America, or just fantasy going across Atlasia?
i am taking a fantasy trip across Atlasia. Although if i could personally meet you all, i would definetly do it.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 12:03:26 PM »

L, (Im gonna call you L now, cuz all the cool kids are doing it) I need a place to stay in New Hampshire, and I figure we can meet there. My next stop is in Burlington, Vermont, and then I gots to go to the ol' Granite State.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 12:18:48 PM »

L, (Im gonna call you L now, cuz all the cool kids are doing it) I need a place to stay in New Hampshire, and I figure we can meet there. My next stop is in Burlington, Vermont, and then I gots to go to the ol' Granite State.
OK. i was gonna go to New Hampshire Monday. Ill meet you at the capital. Hows that sound?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 12:48:06 PM »

OK. i was gonna go to New Hampshire Monday. Ill meet you at the capital. Hows that sound?

On, Monday? On Monday, I plan on being at one of the AHL venues to mark the first day of the league Smiley ... wait New Hampshire has a team though... in Concord... but they play away that day. Oh well.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 01:20:43 PM »

On, Monday? On Monday, I plan on being at one of the AHL venues to mark the first day of the league Smiley ... wait New Hampshire has a team though... in Concord... but they play away that day. Oh well.
how about tuesday?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 01:38:46 PM »

How about Sunday Wink
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 01:44:31 PM »

sounds good. ill see you there.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 02:27:56 PM »

Tickets on sale now. Everyone is invited to the LiberalPA/EarlAW rally at Concord, NH tommorow.  Perhaps, TexasGurl would like to make a speech, as she is in our party, and a resident of the Granite State.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 12:47:03 PM »

Sorry about last night. I went out to eat with the mayor before the speech, and got terribly sick on these slimy tomatoes in my salad. (Actually, i had to go to work and i got really sick there so i came home and went right to bed) Tongue Sad  Anyway, I did make it to a fundraiser here in Far Hills this morning, but im afraid that i have to leave without making a speech. My plane leaves in an hour. See you all in Concord! Cheesy
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 12:55:45 PM »

Hurray! Let the festivities begin.

*Crowd gathers in Concord*

I will be arriving at the New Hampshire State Legislature for our rally at 6pm. How's that sound, L?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2005, 01:06:39 PM »

Hurray! Let the festivities begin.

*Crowd gathers in Concord*

I will be arriving at the New Hampshire State Legislature for our rally at 6pm. How's that sound, L?
Sounds good. ive got a meeting with some local small buisness owners in about 45 minutes, so 6 PM is fine.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 05:36:08 PM »

Sorry I'm late, Concord! There was a detour off the interstate that took up some time. Anyways, I am happy to be here Smiley
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2005, 05:58:26 PM »

Ladies and gentleman, please welcome your next President - LiberalPA!

*cheers*

And... he has a message about our tax plan!

*moans*
*laughter*
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2005, 06:14:26 PM »

Ladies and gentleman, please welcome your next President - LiberalPA!

*cheers*

And... he has a message about our tax plan!

*moans*
*laughter*
ZzZzZzZZzZZZzzzZZZzzZzZZ...huh? oh! Uuumm... yes well...welcome to Concord! It is truly an honor to be here.

I do have something to say about our tax plan. Right now we have many programs which are very controversial ones. I dont think you should have to pay a tax on something you dont want happening.  Now taxes are a necessary thing, but some taxes arent. Right now the senate can pass any programs it wants, and you HAVE to pay for them. New stem cell research funding? Why should you have to pay for it if you think its morally wrong? Foreign aid to corrupt countries? Why should you give money to a country you cant trust?

The point is, funding should be optional. You should be able to pay more or less than the requested amount on funding taxes. Some taxes should be up to you.

Thats what Im here to do: Give more freedom to my fellow Atlasians. All of them. I want to be the president that represents everyone and helps everyone because thats what Atlasia needs most right now.

Thank you everyone and thank you Mr. Future Vice-President.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies