Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:02:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 141061 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2017, 09:24:46 AM »

Update: He's been found! The sister of my father's colleague called to say that she found a parrot in her building. We quickly arrived, and without a shred of doubt it's him. The little rascal managed to make his way to the city's center, fairly far away from our home. He's weak and tired, but hopefully with some food, rest and water will get better! Smiley

Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2017, 11:18:52 AM »

You found a lost bird? That's actually quite impressive!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2017, 12:58:11 PM »

I was just thinking that myself

Good to hear Parrotguy!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2017, 01:16:58 PM »

God is real.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2017, 01:17:11 PM »

Good to hear Parrotguy!

Holy sh#t. Now I understand the name.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2017, 02:47:01 PM »

Good to hear Parrotguy!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2017, 10:09:49 PM »

Nice, Parrotguy!

In other news, I won an award at a Model UN conference today for successfully convincing a bunch of bored teenagers to gut America’s campaign finance system, and I’m not sure how I feel about it
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2017, 10:16:04 PM »

That’s good news, Parrotguy.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #258 on: December 10, 2017, 10:17:49 AM »

And the most impressive part: the bird basically found us Tongue

Good to hear Parrotguy!

Holy sh#t. Now I understand the name.

It's actually a name of habit. My family had several birds through the years, and I used that username in all sorts of places, so it just... Stuck.

Nice, Parrotguy!

In other news, I won an award at a Model UN conference today for successfully convincing a bunch of bored teenagers to gut America’s campaign finance system, and I’m not sure how I feel about it

Lol, I nearly went to the Model UN thing myself. University doesn't leave much time, though.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »

Update: He's been found! The sister of my father's colleague called to say that she found a parrot in her building. We quickly arrived, and without a shred of doubt it's him. The little rascal managed to make his way to the city's center, fairly far away from our home. He's weak and tired, but hopefully with some food, rest and water will get better! Smiley

Glad to hear! Smiley
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #260 on: December 10, 2017, 07:35:33 PM »

Ill be going on vacation for 3 weeks starting this upcoming Thursday
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2017, 09:46:32 PM »

I guess spilling a protein drink all over a laptop doesn't destroy it. Who knew.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #262 on: December 11, 2017, 01:39:42 AM »
« Edited: December 11, 2017, 02:19:07 AM by Jacobin American »

I just got home from my trip. Flew from Jacksonville to O’Hare then Green Bay, spent a few days in Green Bay in a hotel with my girlfriend, then went to Washington Island in Door County where she lives. I was supposed to leave for the airport Tuesday morning, but the wind storm was awful and shut down the ferry, which is the only way on and off the island. So, I decided to stay a while longer and got greyhound bus tickets for Saturday. Spent since 11am CST in bus stations and on buses going from Green Bay back home to the Jacksonville area. It was cool seeing all of that part of the country and meeting lots of different people. I got to see Milwaukee, Chicago, Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta, along with all the scenery along the highways in between.

Anyway, for those interested, it went amazing with my girlfriend, whom I met online in August. We hit it off so well and I truly, truly love this girl. We’re so eager to work out a way to live together as soon as possible that’s reasonable and realistic since neither of us are rich people. But, I love her and she loves me, so we’ll find a way. It was an amazing experience being with her and an interesting trip across that part of the country.

And here’s a picture of us at Green Bay’s Garden of Lights...

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #263 on: December 11, 2017, 07:24:34 AM »

So great to hear that LOVE is in the air! What a guy, you are! So beautiful to see that dreams can come true in this modern age!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #264 on: December 11, 2017, 09:18:34 AM »

I just got home from my trip. Flew from Jacksonville to O’Hare then Green Bay, spent a few days in Green Bay in a hotel with my girlfriend, then went to Washington Island in Door County where she lives. I was supposed to leave for the airport Tuesday morning, but the wind storm was awful and shut down the ferry, which is the only way on and off the island. So, I decided to stay a while longer and got greyhound bus tickets for Saturday. Spent since 11am CST in bus stations and on buses going from Green Bay back home to the Jacksonville area. It was cool seeing all of that part of the country and meeting lots of different people. I got to see Milwaukee, Chicago, Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville, Chattanooga, and Atlanta, along with all the scenery along the highways in between.

Anyway, for those interested, it went amazing with my girlfriend, whom I met online in August. We hit it off so well and I truly, truly love this girl. We’re so eager to work out a way to live together as soon as possible that’s reasonable and realistic since neither of us are rich people. But, I love her and she loves me, so we’ll find a way. It was an amazing experience being with her and an interesting trip across that part of the country.

Dude that's awesome! I've been awaiting this post. After a couple of days I was starting to worry though Tongue
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: December 11, 2017, 09:53:22 AM »

So great to hear that LOVE is in the air! What a guy, you are! So beautiful to see that dreams can come true in this modern age!

Actually, dreams can come true in this modern age WAY more than in previous ages Wink
This is awesome, Jacobin! Hopefully you two can live together soon!
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #266 on: December 11, 2017, 10:06:22 AM »

I can appreciate your experience. When I was in college, and more so in grad school, Greyhound was the only way I could afford to travel between home, school, and friends. It's one of the experiences that contributed to my love of road trips to this day.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #267 on: December 11, 2017, 10:33:06 AM »

That's awesome! you two look very happy! Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #268 on: December 11, 2017, 10:43:08 AM »

so glad to hear it went well! and so exciting to get to have that experience on top of that!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #269 on: December 11, 2017, 11:01:17 AM »

Gorgeous AND a great personality? You’re really lucky, Jacobin, to find someone whom you love and who loves you back. 
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #270 on: December 11, 2017, 12:10:14 PM »

Thank you to all of you guys for your kind words! I’m exhausted from the trip, but still so excited about everything. I know that I’m such an incredibly lucky person for not only finding this amazing girl who loves me, but for finding love altogether. I hope that everyone here can meet someone great and get to see the beauty of our country from the road.

Based solely on what I could see from the bus, I definitely think Chicago, Atlanta, and Milwaukee were the most beautiful cities, although Green Bay is lovely too and small enough that that’s where I’d prefer to live. The most beautiful scenery I saw was in Door County, Wisconsin and the area around Chattanooga, Tennessee. Below are some pictures from Door County...

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #271 on: December 11, 2017, 12:20:28 PM »

Gorgeous AND a great personality? You’re really lucky, Jacobin, to find someone whom you love and who loves you back. 

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #272 on: December 11, 2017, 12:30:19 PM »

Nice, JA! Glad to see that you’re so happy.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #273 on: December 11, 2017, 12:33:31 PM »

Thank you to all of you guys for your kind words! I’m exhausted from the trip, but still so excited about everything. I know that I’m such an incredibly lucky person for not only finding this amazing girl who loves me, but for finding love altogether. I hope that everyone here can meet someone great and get to see the beauty of our country from the road.

Based solely on what I could see from the bus, I definitely think Chicago, Atlanta, and Milwaukee were the most beautiful cities, although Green Bay is lovely too and small enough that that’s where I’d prefer to live. The most beautiful scenery I saw was in Door County, Wisconsin and the area around Chattanooga, Tennessee. Below are some pictures from Door County.

Wow that's beautiful. Especially the church- it looks magical.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #274 on: December 11, 2017, 01:26:40 PM »

Based solely on what I could see from the bus, I definitely think Chicago, Atlanta, and Milwaukee were the most beautiful cities, although Green Bay is lovely too and small enough that that’s where I’d prefer to live. The most beautiful scenery I saw was in Door County, Wisconsin and the area around Chattanooga, Tennessee. Below are some pictures from Door County.

Wow that's beautiful. Especially the church- it looks magical.

That old Norwegian Church is called Stavkirke. It’s truly beautiful inside as well and was designed as a replica of the Borgund, Norway Stavkirke built in 1050 AD. Behind it is a prayer path with several posts featuring verses from the Bible that run through the woods. I walked some of the path. There’s also a book in the church where locals and tourists wrote their names, mostly couples and wedding parties, so I wrote our names as well in the book. The Bible they have was donated and features images painted by a famous artist - perhaps Picasso, but I can’t recall for certain.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies