Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:02:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 139072 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: April 15, 2018, 12:24:34 AM »

another date and i think i liek this girl Cheesy

also lemons
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1051 on: April 15, 2018, 01:29:44 PM »

another date and i think i liek this girl Cheesy

also lemons

I need to stop drunk posting.
ChelseaT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1052 on: April 15, 2018, 07:27:03 PM »

Got stood up for the second time in three months - clearly I'm doing something wrong, but they don't even show up to give me a hint as to what it might be.

To anybody on Atlas who has done this, what factors might make you say yes to going out with someone, but then change your mind at the last minute without telling them?
Feeling sorry for him at the time, thean realizing that ismt a good rewson to potentially start a relationship.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1053 on: April 15, 2018, 09:00:54 PM »

I'm asking Hair Girl out tomorrow. Wish me luck.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1054 on: April 15, 2018, 09:05:59 PM »

Hair Girl? That's a new one, LOL.  Also, I assume this thread is for random comments and all?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1055 on: April 15, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »

Got stood up for the second time in three months - clearly I'm doing something wrong, but they don't even show up to give me a hint as to what it might be.

To anybody on Atlas who has done this, what factors might make you say yes to going out with someone, but then change your mind at the last minute without telling them?
Feeling sorry for him at the time, thean realizing that ismt a good rewson to potentially start a relationship.

Can you please stop posting?
Crumpets - I can guarantee this illiterate gibberish definitely does not apply to you - not that you would take it seriously. I don't know what's happening with limited visibility to the beginnings of straight dating as it is, but I'm sorry someone would act so awfully towards you. The good in me wants to chalk it up to miscommunication, but if there is specific timing being involved, I don't know how easy it is to buy into that. Perhaps misreading tone/excitement, but still unlikely. If I want to believe in the good in people, maybe nerves or maybe they don't want to do more than text yet don't want to hurt your hopeful spirits. Very sorry - you clearly deserve better.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1056 on: April 15, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »

OK, random thought time...the subject is romance and relationships. 

I'm thinking of jumping back into the dating pool.  The only problem with that is that I find myself in a strange place, romantically speaking. 

A few years ago, I fell head over heels in love with a really nice girl.  Honestly, I really thought she was "the one".  However, I found that communication between us broke down; she didn't answer my calls, or talk to me much.  Realizing that she wasn't interested in me, I've been trying to move on....ah, but "there's the rub". 

I feel like I'm ready for another relationship; I've even found someone that I may ask out on a date.  Nevertheless, this is weird for me.  You see, every time I tell myself that I'm going to make a move (so to speak), I find that I delay doing so.  Whether this is a psychological thing with my last relationship, I can't say....but it seems that it might be. 

So here's the part where I ask for some good advice, LOL.  How should I approach the possibility of dating this girl? And psychologically speaking, how do I convince myself to ask this girl out? Is it time to get "professional advice" for the psychological aspect of this?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1057 on: April 15, 2018, 09:45:49 PM »

Hair Girl? That's a new one, LOL.  Also, I assume this thread is for random comments and all?
For reference:

So, yesterday this girl gave me one of her hairs.

This isn’t a euphemism: she pulled a hair out of her head and gave it to me.

So, some context is necessary: she had texted me before class and asked to copy some pages of a book I had. I agreed, and did it for her. We ended up sitting next to each other in class, and we were very giggly. Eventually a long, brown hair ended up on my desk, probably from the girl sitting in front of us. I held it up to ee and jokingly asked her if it was hers. She laughed and said no. Two minutes later she gives me one of her hairs. “It’s frehly washed,” she says. I couldn’t help but laugh.

Is she into me, and crazy? Not into me and crazy? Into me and not crazy?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1058 on: April 15, 2018, 09:46:39 PM »

This is the most heterosexual I’ve seen the forum in years. What happened!?
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1059 on: April 15, 2018, 09:48:52 PM »

Good luck MAINEiac.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1060 on: April 15, 2018, 09:50:11 PM »

OK, random thought time...the subject is romance and relationships. 

I'm thinking of jumping back into the dating pool.  The only problem with that is that I find myself in a strange place, romantically speaking. 

A few years ago, I fell head over heels in love with a really nice girl.  Honestly, I really thought she was "the one".  However, I found that communication between us broke down; she didn't answer my calls, or talk to me much.  Realizing that she wasn't interested in me, I've been trying to move on....ah, but "there's the rub". 

I feel like I'm ready for another relationship; I've even found someone that I may ask out on a date.  Nevertheless, this is weird for me.  You see, every time I tell myself that I'm going to make a move (so to speak), I find that I delay doing so.  Whether this is a psychological thing with my last relationship, I can't say....but it seems that it might be. 

So here's the part where I ask for some good advice, LOL.  How should I approach the possibility of dating this girl? And psychologically speaking, how do I convince myself to ask this girl out? Is it time to get "professional advice" for the psychological aspect of this?
Ah yes, the old "I'm really going to do it!" the night before and then the "maybe next time..." when the time actually comes. I know this situation well.

My advice would be to just nut up and do it. As for the relationship itself, should it become one, just approach it as fun and casual. Don't overthink everything. Don't even think about where the relationship could go. For the first few months, just have some fun.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1061 on: April 15, 2018, 09:53:21 PM »

Thanks!

This is the most heterosexual I’ve seen the forum in years. What happened!?
I did what every normal, functioning person does: I consulted with my psychologist.

I'm also between cars, so my mother was picking me up from school on Thursday. So, my mother saw Hair Girl and I walking out of class together. On the ride home, she said "between you and me, that girl looked like she was dying for you to ask her out." So...mother knows best, I guess.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1062 on: April 15, 2018, 09:57:49 PM »

Good luck!
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #1063 on: April 15, 2018, 11:36:47 PM »

holy sh**t my grandmother has voted for muon2 lol
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1064 on: April 15, 2018, 11:45:19 PM »

It's a big, tall, scary world. But it's also a small, cramped space we occupy.

la hierba
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1065 on: April 16, 2018, 12:00:12 AM »

Taken from another thread, but this part belongs here:

After four years of being committed to gayness and pretty exclusively getting off to guys, a new girl has entered my life, and once again I've fallen hard. I teach in a new school where we work in teams, co-planning and co-teaching. My main teaching partner, who knows I am gay, is beautiful, smart, kind, and witty. We laugh together in a way that's honestly electric. We share so many beliefs and passions and interests, and we collaborate in this way where we barely even have to say anything because we're always on the same wavelength building off of each other's ideas. I can't stop thinking about her, and it is confusing as f-ck. I know I am not her type, but we've gone drinking and clubbing, we've grinded, we know deep truths about each other... it feels so nice. Except she thinks I'm gay and probably sees me as nothing more than someone who could be a gay best friend. And I mean...  I am gay, right? Plus, we work together. So who knows what on earth all this means, but surely one constant through everything in my life is that I don't have much courage, so maybe it will all come to nothing.

Oh! And I still have a boyfriend in a relationship that's rife with issues.

Yay, me!
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1066 on: April 16, 2018, 12:08:52 AM »

Wait, which state legislator is he?
LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1067 on: April 16, 2018, 12:11:02 AM »

I'm not going to say cause that's creepy. But I stumbled upon it by chance and did some cyber-stalking and then texted my bubbe and now I'm shook.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1068 on: April 16, 2018, 04:35:08 AM »

I'm not going to say cause that's creepy. But I stumbled upon it by chance and did some cyber-stalking and then texted my bubbe and now I'm shook.

It's never really been a secret, given muon2 himself spoke of his home area. Still, you're right, it'd be against the forum's decorum to just write it.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1069 on: April 16, 2018, 08:33:21 AM »

Why is it that I can write an essay explaining why exactly I'm an asshole, but still be too much of a coward to send it?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1070 on: April 16, 2018, 01:05:30 PM »

Thanks. Now that the days actually here I’m a bundle of nerves.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1071 on: April 16, 2018, 03:00:01 PM »

I didn’t do it after class. Please proceed to mock me.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1072 on: April 16, 2018, 03:20:16 PM »

It's not an easy shell to break out of, most especially in public. Would you be able to message her in another way to discuss very privately? No need to turn it into a grandiose show as it probably doesn't help. Even a secluded one where other parties might unexpectedly appear can be difficult. Just steer the conversation that way behind a screen.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1073 on: April 16, 2018, 03:25:45 PM »

It's not an easy shell to break out of, most especially in public. Would you be able to message her in another way to discuss very privately? No need to turn it into a grandiose show as it probably doesn't help. Even a secluded one where other parties might unexpectedly appear can be difficult. Just steer the conversation that way behind a screen.
There was another girl who was talking with her the entire way out of class...

I may just message her or something.
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1074 on: April 16, 2018, 09:37:54 PM »

I didn’t do it after class. Please proceed to mock me.

*Points and laughs         jk
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies