Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:22:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone VI: What Is and What Should Never Be  (Read 139305 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1375 on: June 08, 2018, 06:53:19 AM »

My daughter started walking yesterday Smiley
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1376 on: June 08, 2018, 06:53:40 AM »

My daughter turned one recently. Most of the posters I argue with are several years younger than me. I feel old.

Age is inevitable. Comfort and family are not.

Very true.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1377 on: June 08, 2018, 08:21:35 AM »

i might not act like it but i really dislike myself.

i'm stupid. i'm actually stupid. i'm not really good at anything other than technical analysis on financial instruments, and i dont get why people here think im acting stupid because i'm really just stupid. some of my posts are over the top but that's pretty obvious when they are, or at least i've tried to make it that way.

a lot of ppl seem to think being a neocon is stupid and maybe it is. but like i said, i'm just really stupid anyway. so it makes sense i would be a neocon then, right?

i really just hate myself over a lot of stuff i guess. like i said i'm stupid, but the biggest thing in the world that makes me hate myself is my mother. she's the worst person i've ever met and the knowledge that i'm her child and nothing will ever change that is one of the most depressing things. literally i could move to Jupiter and it wouldn't be far enough.

that's why i've had like 13 girlfriends in the past 6 years, i know yall think its funny but my mom was really horrible to me when i was younger and then abandoned me so i looked for attention from any woman i could which got me into a lot of relationships with bad women. but then I hate having sex with women, so i guess i'm gay, but that just makes me hate myself more.

then there's the fact that i'm convinced i'm going to go to hell, no matter who God is or how good God is, nothing I can do will save me from hell. I fully expect to be tormented for eternity when I die, and that knowledge has been making me upset for over a decade now.

idk i just needed to vent or something i guess
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1378 on: June 08, 2018, 11:03:48 AM »

My CET teacher decided it would be a fantastic idea to force me to take another final. And worse is that unlike the actual final, literally none of it makes sense. I'm pretty sure he's only making me take this because he hates me. But of course, ask literally anybody else, and they think it's because he "wants to help". Bitch, if he wanted to help, where the f[inks] was he for this entire class?! God, I wish I were dead.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1379 on: June 08, 2018, 12:45:38 PM »

I just discovered Prince Nugzar Bagration-Gruzinsky, claimant to the throne of Georgia, is descended from Anna of Trebizond in several ways; this makes him the only modern noble I can find who can literally trace his ancestry back a thousand years to the Komnenos Roman Emperors.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1380 on: June 08, 2018, 02:43:06 PM »

Lady Susan Hussey, Prince William's god-mother, has a claim to the throne of England through the 1st Earl Waldegrave, a son of Henrietta FitzJames, herself the the child of King James II & VII and Arabella Churchill(daughter of the Prime Minister's ancestor). Her distant cousin, Carlos Fitz-James Stuart, 19th Duke of Alba, has a more legitimate claim to the throne.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1381 on: June 08, 2018, 02:56:12 PM »

Fun moment during the pride parade today. A Russian dude approached me and asked if I speak English, and then if I speak Russian. So we started talking (while my friends whisper in Hebrew that we'll soon be getting a room lol), but in a while, I realized that something is weird because he started telling me about how god created the dead sea or something. Eventually his friend got a bible out and showed it to us with the phrase about "men lying with other men shall be stoned" marked. Then the Russian guy started telling me that he doesn't judge me, but "I'll be judged up there". I gave him a thumbs up and a grin, and when he went away we almost died laughing. Ironically for the homophobe, he just made a gay man's day Tongue
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1382 on: June 08, 2018, 03:13:32 PM »

Fun moment during the pride parade today. A Russian dude approached me and asked if I speak English, and then if I speak Russian. So we started talking (while my friends whisper in Hebrew that we'll soon be getting a room lol), but in a while, I realized that something is weird because he started telling me about how god created the dead sea or something. Eventually his friend got a bible out and showed it to us with the phrase about "men lying with other men shall be stoned" marked. Then the Russian guy started telling me that he doesn't judge me, but "I'll be judged up there". I gave him a thumbs up and a grin, and when he went away we almost died laughing. Ironically for the homophobe, he just made a gay man's day Tongue

Would you say he interfered with your... election?
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1383 on: June 09, 2018, 04:04:47 AM »

I'm surprisingly bummed out about the death of my favorite youtube content creator, even though he was inactive for a couple years beforehand as a result of a long illness. Now I finally know how it feels to mourn the death of a celebrity.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1384 on: June 09, 2018, 09:34:06 PM »

I’ll be reaching Tampa tomorrow and staying there until the first of August. I just changed my avatar ~45 seconds ago and already got a PM about it.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1385 on: June 10, 2018, 02:23:53 AM »

Today was not the most eventful day of my life, but definitely top five
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1386 on: June 10, 2018, 10:31:22 AM »

Yesterday I got my Alienware Aurora R6 in the mail. Holy sh** this thing is insane Cheesy. It runs GTA IV and GTA V with at least 60 FPS and no lag and the computer itself is surprisingly quiet. Despite being obscenely expensive ($1,500 for the PC and monitor; keyboard and mouse came free), this is probably the best purchase I've ever made.

On the flip side, I spent most of yesterday assembling a desk from... IKEA.

You can imagine how much fun THAT was.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1387 on: June 10, 2018, 01:52:14 PM »

-Finally making what I consider real headway on work for publication.
-Somewhat related, there is a blog on Russia, et al that I might try to write a submission for since I crave credentialization and recognition.
-Sick.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1388 on: June 10, 2018, 11:10:37 PM »

So I'm going to be traveling to China on Tuesday, where I'm going to be participating in a study abroad/internship program in Shanghai. I'm so excited to meet new people and places, improve my Chinese language skills, and gain experience in the Chinese startup environment. I even started a blog about it; if you're interested in following said blog (or just want to see my face), PM me in the next few days and I'll send you the link.

That said, since I'm going to be in China I'll be taking a break from Atlas for the rest of the summer. Everybody needs to take a break from time to time. (Sun and Moon fans, don't worry - I'll probably keep working on it away from Atlas, so expect a big post dump in September.)
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #1389 on: June 10, 2018, 11:11:28 PM »

Fellow Elizabeth IKEA customer?
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1390 on: June 11, 2018, 01:53:49 AM »

Graduated yesterday - now begins the extended process of relocating to Ohio via Philly.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1391 on: June 11, 2018, 08:20:00 AM »

Had to go to the hospital over the weekend because it appears I’ve somehow developed a nasty outer ear infection. The pain from this is absolutely insane. I haven’t even been able to sleep most of the time. I have a pretty damn high pain tolerance, but this is truly testing me. Only within the past hour have I even been able to move my jaw without wanting to die, so maybe there’s finally some progress being made.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1392 on: June 11, 2018, 10:27:18 AM »

Fellow Elizabeth IKEA customer?
Of course, I used to love watching the planes land at EWR from the restaurant when I was a kid

(even though Paramus is closer, my parents love the Elizabeth one for the "nostalgic" value for me and my sister)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #1393 on: June 11, 2018, 05:51:40 PM »

I recently moved into a new place that I was connected to through a Facebook group.  The apartment is really a bargain for me, but my roommate (who I didn't know prior to this) has a far less steady job and far less income.  I have made some changes that I was willing to pay for (such as renting a washer/dryer instead of going to the complex's laundry center and vastly upgrading the cable package), but there seems to be one sticking point- the air conditioner.  He likes to keep it in the mid 70s and turn it off during the day to save money, while I mostly want to be comfortable.  I hate the idea of coming back from work in long pants and sometimes long sleeves to a warm house.  If it were completely up to me, I would set it to no higher than 70 and never turn it off unless I was out for several days at once.  I have a fan that I sleep with and don't even use a comforter (I never really have), and I don't want to cause a fight, but I don't know what to say.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1394 on: June 11, 2018, 06:27:03 PM »

Are you the type of person who thinks wearing shorts is acceptable behavior?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1395 on: June 11, 2018, 06:42:21 PM »

Graduated yesterday - now begins the extended process of relocating to Ohio via Philly.

Congrats!
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1396 on: June 11, 2018, 11:02:17 PM »

My doctor said that he's not certain I have cancer but that the least risky choice is to assume I do until proven otherwise. If it is indeed cancer it's stage 1 and "perfectly curable" via a surgery, so I'll be fine regardless. Might just have to take roughly the entire month of July off the forum due to disaster relief, my surgery, student government stuff for my college, and an actual vacation, which I haven't had since this time last year.

The worst part is that I told my boss and she didn't give condolences, choosing to say instead that my travel (which I can still do, and will, since I've already paid for all of it) and my surgery will force her to hire someone in my place while I'm gone. She was adamant how "inconvenient" that was for her, as if having literal effing cancer wasn't inconvenient for me.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1397 on: June 12, 2018, 01:16:48 AM »

Matched with a girl on tinder. She spends significant amounts of time volunteering, seems quirky, and best of all REPLIES.

Let’s see where this goes.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1398 on: June 12, 2018, 07:39:19 AM »

Why can't I just sleeeeppp dammit

Matched with a girl on tinder. She spends significant amounts of time volunteering, seems quirky, and best of all REPLIES.

Exciting! Keep us posted.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1399 on: June 12, 2018, 08:30:20 AM »

LOL!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies