Sherrod Brown says he might support Trump tax plan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:52:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Sherrod Brown says he might support Trump tax plan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sherrod Brown says he might support Trump tax plan  (Read 1563 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2017, 05:45:04 PM »

http://www.edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/10/22/sherrod-brown-trump-tax-reform-plan-sotu.cnn
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »

Good idea for a tax plan we should pass:

Take every change from the status quo suggested by Trumps tax plan; and make the exact opposite change to the tax codes.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 05:57:30 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2017, 05:59:09 PM by Maxwell »

edit: the clip is a lot better than the headline. his points make sense - even if its a little too eager to work with this President.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2017, 06:00:35 PM by 60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED »

Take every change from the status quo suggested by Trumps tax plan; and make the exact opposite change to the tax codes.

The first thing Obama did with taxes as President was re-sign the Bush tax cuts.

Not surprised Democrats want to continue cutting taxes for the rich. They are the party of the 1% after all (Buffett, Mark Cuban, Bill Gates, etc. etc. all supported Hillary).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 06:04:04 PM »

The first thing Obama did with taxes as President was re-sign the Bush tax cuts.

Not surprised Democrats want to continue cutting taxes for the rich. They are the party of the 1% after all (Buffett, Mark Cuban, Bill Gates, etc. etc. all supported Hillary).

the hottest take of all - it's DEMOCRATS who are the party of cutting taxes for the rich. incredible.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 06:06:14 PM »

Stupid, attention-grabbing headline that doesn't accurately represent the Senator's position.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »

Brown 2024!
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 06:38:50 PM »

Obama let the tax cuts for those making more than $400k expire in 2013.

Not sure how this is relevant, though.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 06:52:52 PM »

2020, sis
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 12:34:27 AM »

The caption says:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

And I might support Trumpcare if it would lower the Medicare eligibility age and allow it to negotiate the price of prescription drugs. And I might support the Trump immigration plan if it didn't involve building a wall. And I might support the Trump cabinet if he appointed all Democrats and liberals. And I might...

Seems like a pointless statement. We've already seen what the Trump tax plan is, a big sloppy wet kiss to the top 1% and an even bigger deep tongue makeout to himself and all his rich friends in the top 0.1%.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 03:32:22 AM »

Honestly, how do tax breaks for corporations that don't outsource (or tax increases for corporations that do outsource) even work? Greg Mankiw probably was right when he said that outsourcing actually was a plus for the economy (though it's better not to say these things in public lol). Anyway, the furor about outsourcing is pretty unjustified.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 05:35:49 AM »

We've already seen what the Trump tax plan is, a big sloppy wet kiss to the top 1% and an even bigger deep tongue makeout to himself and all his rich friends in the top 0.1%.

I really, really didn’t need to read that first thing this morning...
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 10:39:15 AM »

I'm not even a Democrat, but this argument is so hilarious it sounds like satire.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 11:30:21 AM »

I'm not even a Democrat, but this argument is so hilarious it sounds like satire.

I suppose Democrats might be the party of the top 1% that you've HEARD of, but that's a smaller number than the top 1% that you haven't heard of, I think. Smiley
ahugecat

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 02:50:13 PM »

The Democrats are definitely the part of the 1%.

The 2016 Democratic candidate spent nearly 3 times as much money and had dozens of Super PACs.

And yes, you are a Democrat.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 02:59:02 PM »

The 2016 Democratic candidate spent nearly 3 times as much money and had dozens of Super PACs.

Well, if you think John Kasich, a center-right Republican who is to the right of Newt Gingrich, is "super far-left", then yes, I am a Democrat. but in reality, I've only voted for one Democrat for President in my life thus far.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 03:00:32 PM »

Clinton didn't win voters earning 250k or more (Trump won them 48-46 according to wikipedia). And House Democrats did even worse with wealthy voters. I'm sorry mate, most wealthy people vote for your (would be our if I were American) party Wink.
ahugecat

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 03:16:03 PM »

Clinton didn't win voters earning 250k or more (Trump won them 48-46 according to wikipedia). And House Democrats did even worse with wealthy voters. I'm sorry mate, most wealthy people vote for your (would be our if I were American) party Wink.

And you're not a Republican either.

And Democrats are the party of the 1% because they had more Super PACs and spent more money. Simple as that.

I am talking about the party - not the voters.
ahugecat

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 03:17:46 PM »

Well, if you think John Kasich, a center-right Republican who is to the right of Newt Gingrich, is "super far-left", then yes, I am a Democrat. but in reality, I've only voted for one Democrat for President in my life thus far.

You remind me of a chick I knew that supported Jeb! to prove to leftists not all Republicans are like Trump supporters. When I pointed out to her that the left will call you racist/sexist/etc. etc. even if you support someone like Jeb! and Kasich I got the run around like with you.

Everything they said about Trump in 2016 they said about Romney in 2012.

Honestly I am tired of people like Romney/Kasich/Jeb! in the party. We need people with spines.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 03:32:42 PM »

You remind me of a chick I knew that supported Jeb! to prove to leftists not all Republicans are like Trump supporters. When I pointed out to her that the left will call you racist/sexist/etc. etc. even if you support someone like Jeb! and Kasich I got the run around like with you.

Everything they said about Trump in 2016 they said about Romney in 2012.

Honestly I am tired of people like Romney/Kasich/Jeb! in the party. We need people with spines.

Firstly, I am an independent for a reason. and secondly, I don't support anyone to prove silly points to people, I support candidates who best fit my views regardless of what other people will think of me for supporting them.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »

"If Trump's tax plan includes policies that I support, I will support it."

Seems reasonable to me. He's in Ohio; he's very progressive, but he isn't going to yell "#Resistance" from the rooftops.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »

And you're not a Republican either.

And Democrats are the party of the 1% because they had more Super PACs and spent more money. Simple as that.

I am talking about the party - not the voters.

You don't get to decide who is and isn't a "real Republican," thank God!
ahugecat

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 04:06:40 PM »

Everything the Democrats say about Trump they said about Romney.

I am tired of "Republicans" trying to appease the Democrats with everything. You always bash Republicans and always praise Democrats - that makes you a Democrat.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 05:20:20 PM »

Everything the Democrats say about Trump they said about Romney.

I am tired of "Republicans" trying to appease the Democrats with everything. You always bash Republicans and always praise Democrats - that makes you a Democrat.

1) No, I don't.

2) Even if I did, no, it doesn't.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »

Another "progressive champion" doing the bidding of the donors.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies