Sherrod Brown says he might support Trump tax plan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:14:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Sherrod Brown says he might support Trump tax plan
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sherrod Brown says he might support Trump tax plan  (Read 1562 times)
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 10:23:01 PM »

Another "progressive champion" doing the bidding of the donors.

Yikes. This post makes no sense considering what Brown even said. Or his actual policy positions.
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 11:04:52 PM »

Sanders said something similar right after Trump won -- that he'd be willing to work with Trump on issues they agree on. Brown agrees with Trump on a couple things, namely trade, so I see where my boy's coming from
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 11:10:56 PM »

Yikes. This post makes no sense considering what Brown even said. Or his actual policy positions.

Well obviously he didn't say he'd probably support the tax cut that this congress would actually pass.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2017, 02:11:22 AM »

Gotta love "60+ GOP Seats" and Rino Tom making the thread a debate over who qualifies as a republican, when that has nothing to do with the topic title Roll Eyes.

Anyways this doesn't mean much. Everyone wants tax reform that is revenue-neutral, benefits working families, and keeps corporations in the U.S. . But it's clear that while the Trump Tax Plan might meet the last of those goals - keeping Corporations in the U.S. - it's not going to meet the other two. The framework adds $1.5 Trillion to the deficit, and will almost entirely benefit the rich, while the middle class and the poor will either break even or see a tax increase. What Sherrod Brown is saying is that he'd vote for a fundamentally different tax plan from the framework - and so would I - but we're not getting that plan.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2017, 02:19:24 AM »

Gotta love "60+ GOP Seats" and Rino Tom making the thread a debate over who qualifies as a republican, when that has nothing to do with the topic title Roll Eyes.

Anyways this doesn't mean much. Everyone wants tax reform that is revenue-neutral, benefits working families, and keeps corporations in the U.S. . But it's clear that while the Trump Tax Plan might meet the last of those goals - keeping Corporations in the U.S. - it's not going to meet the other two. The framework adds $1.5 Trillion to the deficit, and will almost entirely benefit the rich, while the middle class and the poor will either break even or see a tax increase. What Sherrod Brown is saying is that he'd vote for a fundamentally different tax plan from the framework - and so would I - but we're not getting that plan.

Over 10 years which comes up to 150 billion a year.

-You can easily make up for that by doing across the board spending cuts(including defense spending too)
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 02:27:09 AM »

Over 10 years which comes up to 150 billion a year.

-You can easily make up for that by doing across the board spending cuts(including defense spending too)

Whether it's 100 billion or 1 Trillion, it's not revenue-neutral. On spending, I appreciate that you are willing to acknowledge that defense spending needs to be cut, but unfortunately the republican party in Congress remains in a complete and total love affair with the military.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 04:51:54 AM »

You think he actually watched the video?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 09:07:46 AM »

I sincerely apologize ... the thread was off to such a great start!  Thanks for getting it back on track, I Endorse your intervention.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 03:08:35 PM »

Swing state Senators don't make good Presidential candidates, they have to take positions contrary to what most of the national base thinks in order to get stay elected. Brown has to walk a tightrope to placate Trump voters on some issues which doesn't look good in 2020.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies