So Labor....(and others involved)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:41:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  So Labor....(and others involved)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: So Labor....(and others involved)  (Read 2498 times)
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 22, 2017, 10:04:58 PM »

So, tonight, we have witnessed the grand collapse of the idealism of Labor, a party supposedly built on ideological stability aka being the real left wing choice and pushing values for the workers of Atlasia. However, you have seen many members of labor today be directed not to first preference the Party's ticket, Truman/Scott, but rather, the Independent center-right ticket, Lumine/Rpryor. Therefore, we can assume that labor is not interested in "protecting workers values", "being ideologically consistent", or "ensuring that labor never comes in 3rd place in a presidential election". Perhaps it is due to the obsessiveness in some of labor, including parts of the incoming leadership, with the President and they simply wanted to stop her. However, voting for Lumine does literally nothing to help stop Fhtagn, it simply lessens her landslide, it does not lessen her chances of actually winning the election. So, I suppose the death of Labor is incoming at this point. Some voters within labor have already expressed dissatisfaction with these moves, after all, labor has boosted a right wing neoconservative into 2nd place over the left wing Truman that they nominated to be President. It's up to you in Labor to decide how you want to react to this, however. Regardless, you all cannot accuse me of being "non-ideological" anymore, as I at least never support people who are literally polar opposites of me to be President, or in any office for that matter, in fact all of the candidates I have ever supported have been centrists or right wing candidates, unless they were unopposed laborites. Don't bother flame warring this post either, I'm gonna lock it.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 10:21:08 PM »

Actually you know what, I legitimately want to see the excuses for this.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 10:22:13 PM »

lol dfw. Lives for the drama!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 10:56:38 PM »

PRESIDENT
[1] LumineVonReuental/rpryor03
[2] Harry S Truman/Ascott
[3] LongLiveRock/MikeWells12

I mean really though, when the LABOR CHAIR doesn't even vote for his own party's candidate Wink
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 10:58:05 PM »

*Cough* Sexism *cough*
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 11:01:37 PM »

PRESIDENT

I mean really though, when the LABOR CHAIR doesn't even vote for his own party's candidate Wink

Especially when you consider how much Adam hates Lumine. Labor evidently is nothing more than a "we're pissed off at fhtagn and dfw" party. It's just a joke.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 11:09:40 PM »

PRESIDENT

Especially when you consider how much Adam hates Lumine. Labor evidently is nothing more than a "we're pissed off at fhtagn and dfw" party. It's just a joke.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: Adam Griffin doesn't care about ideology.

Now it's very clear he also doesn't even care about his own party.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 11:57:29 PM »

PRESIDENT

I said it before, and I'll say it again: Adam Griffin doesn't care about ideology.

Now it's very clear he also doesn't even care about his own party.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like Labor functions as a sort of ego trip for Griffin. When a deserter from Labor goes on to big success elsewhere, that is an affront to his ego. His reaction to fhtagn becoming President and emerging as the frontrunner in the election was nothing short of deranged. That he would then betray the alleged principles of Labor in a desperate attempt to stop fhtagn by trying to elect someone who he should have no interest in electing says a lot.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 01:08:46 AM »

I mean, it's quite hilarious to have a complaint from a "conservative" who has built his party on an alliance with progressive teenagers: politicalmaster, westmildlander,... And all the others!

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 01:10:13 AM »

I mean, it's quite hilarious to have a complaint from a "conservative" who has built his party on an alliance with progressive teenagers: politicalmaster, westmildlander,... And all the others!

top kek windjammer do you even read? I literally said I have never supported a candidate the polar opposite of me, nobody center left or further left. Anyways nice deflecting, want to attempt to produce a valid excuse for trash tactics you carried out poorly tonight?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 01:13:57 AM »

top kek windjammer do you even read? I literally said I have never supported a candidate the polar opposite of me, nobody center left or further left. Anyways nice deflecting, want to attempt to produce a valid excuse for trash tactics you carried out poorly tonight?
I carried out nothing tonight.

But yeah, Inunderstabnd Griffin. I did the same thing against this party cult party some years ago.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2017, 01:15:08 AM »

Well the damage you think you did is going to be nothing compared to the damage you guys have actually inflicted on your own party.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 01:32:09 AM »

Well the damage you think you did is going to be nothing compared to the damage you guys have actually inflicted on your own party.
I made no damage. I destroyed a party cult some years ago  and that was necessary to save the game.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 01:34:04 AM »

I made no damage. I destroyed a party cult some years ago  and that was necessary to save the game.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2017, 09:02:42 AM »

The vacuousness of the remarks from the former President, and his co-partisan successor, is truly indicative of the shambolic state of Atlasian politics today. Never mind the putative opposition!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 09:41:09 AM »

I stayed with my friend Truman and I don't regret this.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 11:08:13 AM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 12:50:17 PM by Vice President PiT »

The vacuousness of the remarks from the former President, and his co-partisan successor, is truly indicative of the shambolic state of Atlasian politics today. Never mind the putative opposition!

Indicting hypocrisy is important. It's obvious that Labor only stands for their own political aggrandizement when they start throwing votes to somebody who runs on being a "true conservative". We're not in the business of organizing votes for unreformed leftists just to punish someone who had the audacity to leave the party. We actually care about people supporting our program and its concomitant values, even if nobody else seems to care about that.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 01:19:13 PM »

hi dfw,

i voted for lumine for the obvious reason. i was not "directed" to do so

thanks,
sjoyce
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »

hi dfw,

i voted for lumine for the obvious reason. i was not "directed" to do so

thanks,
sjoyce
Yeah, a few laborites from the old days would make sense, but not a horde of them at the last minute including Adam who literally called Lumine "Bombs away Lumine" and called him....bald?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2017, 01:59:20 PM »

I can understand tactical reasons... which still didn't work out. What leaves really sour taste however is the way many Labor members f**ked over our nominee in the last moment. Truman, for who he is and for all he done in the game, was the LAST person to deserve this.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2017, 02:07:56 PM »

You know, DFW,  I told you this would happen eventually. Surprised it was this soon.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »

Labor's fundamental problem was running a crook for President. Crooks have been elected in the past, of course, so I suppose I understand Harry thinking he could pull it off but even the forgiving Atlasian public balked at the gall this time. No one's going to support a fellow who belongs in prison more than he does the White House.
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 02:44:48 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 03:22:47 PM by Deputy GM Encke »

I would still like an explanation of what exactly Labor hoped to achieve by making a last-minute effort to push Lumine to second place. As I said in the tracker thread, many of Lumine's votes would have been exhausted, and fhtagn would have won anyway if she was anywhere near 50% (and considering the large number of outstanding federalist votes at the time, this wasn't an outlandish possibility). It wasn't a sound tactic even when it was first introduced, and I have to wonder if anyone even bothered to count preferences before moving forward with it.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 07:00:53 PM »

Credit goes to people like Peebs, Kalwejt, TimTurner, OneJ, and Drewmike for not abandoning their candidate to prop up the guy who tried to run to the right of alleged far-leftist fhtagn (yes, and then he worked with Labor, but that's neither here nor there Tongue). Good job standing for something, instead of following the example of several people who have attacked Federalists for supporting nothing and then proceed to support or work with their arch-enemy (this applies to a few people ftr).
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 07:05:58 PM »

Also, I think I'll just put all this together in one place, for reference:

I'm not telling people what to do other than to consider voting what their actual ideology tells them is right.

I was never willing to cross the ideological hemispheres to elect a President who blatantly didn't agree with me on most core issues, but maybe I'm just old fashioned (and "irrelevant"!).

PRESIDENT
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies