So Labor....(and others involved)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:28:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  So Labor....(and others involved)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: So Labor....(and others involved)  (Read 2470 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 07:12:41 PM »

Also, I think I'll just put all this together in one place, for reference:

I'm not telling people what to do other than to consider voting what their actual ideology tells them is right.

I was never willing to cross the ideological hemispheres to elect a President who blatantly didn't agree with me on most core issues, but maybe I'm just old fashioned (and "irrelevant"!).

PRESIDENT
[1] LumineVonReuental/rpryor03
[2] Harry S Truman/Ascott
[3] LongLiveRock/MikeWells12

Hacks gonna hack.
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 07:23:58 PM »

I was never willing to cross the ideological hemispheres to elect a President who blatantly didn't agree with me on most core issues, but maybe I'm just old fashioned (and "irrelevant"!).
http://alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?IlRoZSBHYW5nIENyb3NzZXMgSWRlb2xvZ2ljYWwgSGVtaXNwaGVyZXMi
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 07:37:32 PM »

Also, I think I'll just put all this together in one place, for reference:

I'm not telling people what to do other than to consider voting what their actual ideology tells them is right.

PRESIDENT
[1] LumineVonReuental/rpryor03
[2] Harry S Truman/Ascott
[3] LongLiveRock/MikeWells12

Adam forgot his sunscreen because he just got burned.
JGibson
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 07:48:43 PM »

I proudly voted for the Truman/Scott ticket as my first preference, then picked the LLR/Mike Wells as my 2nd for President.

It makes me ill to see the Labor Party collapse like it did this past weekend, but I'll fight for its survival and to make it stronger in the future.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 08:13:17 PM »

Guys, most of you can't point a finger here without looking like hypocrites yourselves: all we have to do is look at the past year and two Presidents as examples of how little the Federalist Party stands for anything.

As far as my actions, I just figured I'd:

• a) Do what the Federalists wouldn't do: vote for a conservative choice, in order to even the playing field
or
  • b) Draw inspiration from the Federalists, and vote for a candidate completely out-of-line with my purported principles in the new world they've created

Feel free to pick from either narrative; whichever one is the best!

In all seriousness, somebody's margin of victory ended up being smaller either way. Sometimes we're all faced with no-win scenarios and STV may very well end up being our only source of amusement.

Anyway, nobody "threw Truman under the bus" or whatever, as he and many others were completely aware of what was going on at all times and long before Sunday, for that matter. We made a strategic decision to abdicate our presence in the final round. Plenty of low-energy types like Leinad who are prisoners in their own party now won't understand, but that's OK.

I'm just grateful that I've been back for a grand total of 2 days and have already sucked all of the oxygen out of the room - great honer! Nobody's even talking about the Illegitimate President's re-election with the smallest share of voter support (29%) since Dissolution!

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 08:25:55 PM »

As long as we're talking about past elections, only one major party hasn't won a Presidential election since the reset...
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2017, 08:27:50 PM »

lol, just like labor's vote share collapses around 10% every election.

October 2016 - 50% to February 2017 - around 40% to June 2017 around 30% to this election.....around 20%
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 08:29:37 PM »

As long as we're talking about past elections, only one major party hasn't won a Presidential election since the reset...
Labor still counts as a major party?!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 08:47:05 PM »

I have to wonder what happened to the venerable Labor turnout machine, which was working not less a month ago in the Fremont special election. Fthagn's support was equal to 75% of the Federalists' membership, while Truman barely garnered the equivalent of 40% of Labor members. If Adam has been stepping back one must wonder just how reliant the party has been on his own personal dynamism relative to that of its internal institutions...
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 08:56:53 PM »

I see Griffin is still continuing with that line of his, even though it has been thoroughly and repeatedly debunked. 50 years from now, Old Man Griffin will be in his rocking chair muttering under his breath "fhtagn is a fake conservative!". Sad!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 09:00:23 PM »

I see Griffin is still continuing with that line of his, even though it has been thoroughly and repeatedly debunked. 50 years from now, Old Man Griffin will be in his rocking chair muttering under his breath "fhtagn is a fake conservative!". Sad!

That much blind rage can't be good for his heart. At this rate, he'll be lucky if he makes it another 30.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 09:37:06 PM »

I have to wonder what happened to the venerable Labor turnout machine, which was working not less a month ago in the Fremont special election. Fthagn's support was equal to 75% of the Federalists' membership, while Truman barely garnered the equivalent of 40% of Labor members. If Adam has been stepping back one must wonder just how reliant the party has been on his own personal dynamism relative to that of its internal institutions...

I haven't been involved with turnout in a very long time in any regular capacity. I just walked into the job (and/or a veritable poop-show) this weekend. Turning a big ship that quickly is nigh impossible. Nevertheless, I wouldn't say turnout in any one election is an indicator of much - if, as you pointed out, turnout was good for Labor last month or in recent elections, then it wasn't because of/reliant on me, so obviously the Party still functions. The Federalists too can attest to this: they're probably proud of their 67% turnout or so in this weekend's election, but by historical standards, that is still absolutely embarrassing in terms of what is possible.

Which brings us back to the subject of trends, such as the Deeply Disturbing Drop in civic engagement among registered voters ever since the DFW Cult appeared on the scene early this year. When one of the major parties completely abdicates any ideological role in the game's trajectory and succeeds at taking over, people stop caring about the outcome. The Feds always hated me for this because they felt they couldn't win if they stood for principles. I'm frankly surprised it took them this long to follow the path of many others who walked in the same shoes.

But yeah...I'm not going to be ball-busted by hypocrites for doing once (for some strategic amusement) exactly what they have been doing - willingly and purposefully - to the game and to Labor for a long, long time. Ultimately, DFW, Fhtagn - and now apparently most of the rank-and-file Federalists - are nothing more than sad, ideologically-void personality cultists driven by victory and (now once again!) their hatred of me.

Much like the Liberals, Progressive Union and the several others that have strolled this pathway, for the game to be healthy, one of two things must happen: the Feds must be reformed, or they must be destroyed to give way for a genuine conservative alternative to take their place.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 09:47:57 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2017, 09:52:33 PM by President fhtagn »

A lot of talk about ideology from someone who has proven they don't give even the slightest sh*t about it.

Is there anyone left who actually values anything you have to say anymore? I mean, your own Vice Chair admitted that you were only elected Labor Chair out of desperation, not because anyone wants you.

Let me offer you a little piece of advice if you want anyone to actually take you seriously: stop talking and get over this unhealthy obsession with me, you're just embarrassing yourself.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2017, 09:57:03 PM »

and now apparently most of the rank-and-file FederalistsAdam Griffin- are is nothing more than a sad, ideologically-void personality cultist driven by victory and (now once again!) their hatred of me fhtagn and dfw.

There, I fixed it for you Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 10:50:55 PM »

A lot of talk about ideology from someone who has proven they don't give even the slightest sh*t about it.

Is there anyone left who actually values anything you have to say anymore? I mean, your own Vice Chair admitted that you were only elected Labor Chair out of desperation, not because anyone wants you.

Let me offer you a little piece of advice if you want anyone to actually take you seriously: stop talking and get over this unhealthy obsession with me, you're just embarrassing yourself.

I'd really love it if - as the first female President - you abandoned the stereotypes and stopped trying to portray yourself as some kind of "victim" of "obsession" or whatever, especially when it's been you who has been riding coat-tails all the way to the top and telling others what they want to hear.

Trust, those who know me will tell you that you're just another proverbial name on my crap-list of deceitful sociopathic cretins who have harmed the game over the years, and nothing more.

And as far as people winning, you just scored the smallest share of votes from the electorate of any President in living memory. Don't flatter yourself too much, either. Seventy percent of the game didn't want you.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 11:02:32 PM »

I'd really love it if - as the first female President - you abandoned the stereotypes and stopped trying to portray yourself as some kind of "victim" of "obsession" or whatever, especially when it's been you who has been riding coat-tails all the way to the top and telling others what they want to hear.

Trust, those who know me will tell you that you're just another proverbial name on my crap-list of deceitful sociopathic cretins who have harmed the game over the years, and nothing more.

And as far as people winning, you just scored the smallest share of votes from the electorate of any President in living memory. Don't flatter yourself too much, either. Seventy percent of the game didn't want you.

I'd love it if someone who is supposed to represent a party that has long run on women's issues (believe me I still have the PMs to back that claim), didn't keep the general theme of his attacks against me as obviously sexist in nature, but like I said, it's clear ideology never has and never will matter to you, no matter how much you like to pretend.

And last I checked, unlike you, I've never gone out of my way to make unprovoked attacks against you.

If you don't want people to think you're obsessed over me, you'd be doing yourself all sorts of favors if you stopped these unsupported attacks. Otherwise, you're just continuing to prove my point.

If there's anyone who is currently doing more harm to this game than good: it's you. No one needs you here. No one wants you here. Including those in your own party.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2017, 11:03:35 PM »

Seventy percent of the game didn't want you.

This is maybe the only number you'd beat fhtagn in.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2017, 11:08:43 PM »

X% of the electorate not voting for the winner is a lousy non-argument IRL, and it is even worse in Atlasia when a good chunk is always dropping off due to not voting. What's more, attrition typically ramps up when Atlasia gets particularly large and the population rightsizes.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2017, 11:26:56 PM »

X% of the electorate not voting for the winner is a lousy non-argument IRL, and it is even worse in Atlasia when a good chunk is always dropping off due to not voting. What's more, attrition typically ramps up when Atlasia gets particularly large and the population rightsizes.

It's actually a very good metric considering the only remotely comparable examples were close-fought races. Y'all have killed participation in this game: own it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2017, 11:27:37 PM »

PLEASE STOP YOUR OBSESSION WITH ME
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2017, 12:01:18 PM »

It's actually a very good metric considering the only remotely comparable examples were close-fought races. Y'all have killed participation in this game: own it.

In other words races where the winner ended up close to 50% of the vote...like fhtagn did this time. Keep spinning.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2017, 12:17:18 PM »

If there's anyone who is currently doing more harm to this game than good: it's you. No one needs you here. No one wants you here. Including those in your own party.

Uh, no? Griffin is just trying to keep the game interesting. I support his efforts to create Atlasia drama without being intellectually and/or ideologically bankrupt.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2017, 12:35:15 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2017, 12:41:20 PM by President fhtagn »

Uh, no? Griffin is just trying to keep the game interesting. I support his efforts to create Atlasia drama without being intellectually and/or ideologically bankrupt.

You don't really have much room to talk when I have a PM from you staying I'd have your vote if I disavowed Mr. Reactionary (who I would like to note has done more for this game than you in any recent history).

Edit: it's also worth noting that your "without being intellectually and/or ideologically bankrupt" argument doesn't make any sense considering he did exactly that by voting for Lumine (a self proclaimed center-right candidate) over his own party's candidate when it did nothing to change the results.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »

In other words races where the winner ended up close to 50% of the vote...like fhtagn did this time. Keep spinning.

Equating "close to 50%" with "winning by a vote or two" is disingenuous and you know it. She won by 25 points in the round in which she was elected and would have won in the next round by a much heftier margin than any one else in recent years who has carried anything less than 35% of the electorate (of which there are few).
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2017, 03:11:16 AM »
« Edited: October 25, 2017, 03:14:44 AM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

But yeah...I'm not going to be ball-busted by hypocrites for doing once (for some strategic amusement) exactly what they have been doing - willingly and purposefully - to the game and to Labor for a long, long time. Ultimately, DFW, Fhtagn - and now apparently most of the rank-and-file Federalists - are nothing more than sad, ideologically-void personality cultists driven by victory and (now once again!) their hatred of me.

Much like the Liberals, Progressive Union and the several others that have strolled this pathway, for the game to be healthy, one of two things must happen: the Feds must be reformed, or they must be destroyed to give way for a genuine conservative alternative to take their place.

You want a far right party that is unelectable. It is why you used Ben Kenobi, because of muh "genuine conservative".

I for one think there is more to being a conservative then just opposing LGBT rights. I love all this vapid talk about people wanting a more conservative alternative to the Feds. What would they do differently? On healthcare, Lumine even said he liked our healthcare bill. I highly doubt Lumine wants to roll back LGBT protections. And while he is probably more pro-life than Fhtagn, I didn't seem him make any novel proposals on how to get rid of abortion. The only substantive difference I saw between Lumine and Fhtagn was that Lumine promised a drastic increase in defense spending, which yes looks totally like the RL Republican Party, but it is hardly a "fiscally conservative" position to take when you have a $600 billion dollar deficit.

On that score we are more principally conservative in the Federalist Party, then the RL GOP, in that we believe fiscal responsibility has to include the Pentagon.

The problem is not that the Federalist Party has violated its principles. The problem is that Labor no longer has the passion and the zeal to fight for many issues. It is passive and disinterested. Why is it thus incumbent on us to push out to some extremist right wing position that the demographics do not support to compensate for the sake of Labor's transformation into what looks a hell of a like the Liberals ironically.

This is still the internet, the demographics still reflect the internet and while demographics are not destiny, they do play a prohibitive roll in the political discourse.

You yourself have stated repeatedly that you want to see Conservatism destroy in RL to the point where it is regarded the same way that Segregation is regarded as now. It won't happen because ideologies are constantly in a state of evolution, but I digress.

Is it not therefore painfully obvious that there is only one reason why you have repeatedly tried to goad, influence, sabotage and incite to divisions in the Federalist Party, as a multi-layer strategy stretching back to 2013?

Either so that you can push the party to the right so that you can create attack ads like the coat hanger one and scare people in other regions into reelected a Labor majority, so that they could go vote in lock step for nationalizing every industry and putting the top tax rate at 90% (TNFism). Which they did and of course as you said at the time, "I don't pay attention to what they do in the Senate".

Or on the other hand, if that tactic fails, you can incite and induce conservative members to break away and form their own party.

I realize you are have a thing for dfw and are a jealous of Fhtagn. But it doesn't change the fact there was indeed a time when the Federalist Party was just an amorphous blob of conservatives, but we moved away from that beginning in 2014 and certainly in 2015. We have an identity forged in the fires of hell bestowed on this country, by not one, but two disastrous Laborite administrations. We have a values set and we have a platform that accurate reflects our commitments to the checks and balances, separation of powers, regionalism and devolution and market based solutions where practical, that will protect and empower individuals and regions.

The Federalist Party is more conservative now than it was in 2014, precisely because, labor well, is well, New Labor.

You don't see JCL running on a 43% top tax rate and being called a right wing extremist for it, largely because Labor isn't voting in clock step to make it 70%, with the leading Senate vote calling for it to be 90% anymore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies