Citizens HQ - Provisional Convention coming
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:39:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Citizens HQ - Provisional Convention coming
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Citizens HQ - Provisional Convention coming  (Read 4719 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2017, 12:37:48 PM »

Just joined today -- count me in for Citizen's!

Great to have you in the party, DFL, welcome!
DFL

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2017, 10:45:03 AM »

Alright, officially running for Fremont House of Commons with the Citizens Party!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2017, 11:35:54 AM »

Alright, officially running for Fremont House of Commons with the Citizens Party!

Excellent news!

Quite a strong team we have running now, let's hope for a great opening performance once the election comes.
DFL

« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2017, 11:37:13 AM »

Should we begin working on the platform soon?

Is this still gonna happen? I feel like one of the problems we had in the Fremont elections was that it wasn't quite clear where the party stood.

I'd throw out a general plank of encouraging and harnessing technological innovation (automation, automated cars, drones, etc). Pretty sure it's already in the party description and it was one of the planks I ran on.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2017, 01:01:52 PM »

Should we begin working on the platform soon?

Is this still gonna happen? I feel like one of the problems we had in the Fremont elections was that it wasn't quite clear where the party stood.

I'd throw out a general plank of encouraging and harnessing technological innovation (automation, automated cars, drones, etc). Pretty sure it's already in the party description and it was one of the planks I ran on.

I think we should start on one soon. But I don't know what to contribute Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2017, 03:40:11 PM »

Sorry, been busy writing my thesis. I'll consider the by-laws adopted since there was no dissent or any public issues with it. And absolutely, work should begin on the platform.

Please feel free to post potential ideas or planks!
DFL

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2017, 12:33:22 AM »

I guess one of the first things we should decide is whether we want to have reformist planks and remain ideologically flexible for each individual candidate (progressive/conservative/moderate/etc) or take an ideological stance as well.

Thoughts?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2017, 01:32:50 AM »

I guess one of the first things we should decide is whether we want to have reformist planks and remain ideologically flexible for each individual candidate (progressive/conservative/moderate/etc) or take an ideological stance as well.

Thoughts?

This party seems to be quite ideologically diverse, more united by the thought of an alternative to the two-party system, so in my opinion, I think we should be flexible for each candidate. But I don't know Smiley
DFL

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2017, 01:46:25 AM »

Thoughts?

This party seems to be quite ideologically diverse, more united by the thought of an alternative to the two-party system, so in my opinion, I think we should be flexible for each candidate. But I don't know Smiley

I'd agree. I'm probably the farthest left person in the party (that I know of) and I know we span pretty far right as well. I'd be curious to see (maybe through some kind of survey?) if there are any issues where there is near-unanimous agreement on within the party that we can champion. I feel like having a really strong set of issues that possibly even crossover from reform to ideological territory could be helpful in us carving out a brand
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2017, 01:49:44 AM »

Thoughts?

I'd agree. I'm probably the farthest left person in the party (that I know of) and I know we span pretty far right as well. I'd be curious to see (maybe through some kind of survey?) if there are any issues where there is near-unanimous agreement on within the party that we can champion. I feel like having a really strong set of issues that possibly even crossover from reform to ideological territory could be helpful in us carving out a brand
I know I'm probably on the right side of the party (not sure how right). I would definitely support a survey.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2017, 12:38:51 PM »

I'm also doing a write-in campaign for the assembly in the December generals (as I originally intended to do in October)
DFL

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2017, 12:59:57 PM »

Thoughts?

I know I'm probably on the right side of the party (not sure how right). I would definitely support a survey.

What kinda issues would you want to survey on? I'm guessing probably the standard set (healthcare, immigration, tax reform, etc etc etc).

I'm also doing a write-in campaign for the assembly in the December generals (as I originally intended to do in October)

Best of luck!
SamTilden2020

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2017, 06:10:55 PM »
« Edited: November 28, 2017, 07:20:06 PM by SamTilden2020 »

Upon my appointment to the Lincoln Senate, I officially enter that race for reelection, and hereby withdraw my bid for Senate and endorse Talleyrand in the senate race.

UPDATE: On second thought, due to Talleyrand's inactivity, I endorse YoungTexan's campaign.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2017, 08:58:53 PM »

What is the Citizens Party planning for the midterms?
DFL

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2017, 09:14:25 PM »

With none of our own on the ballot is it just a free-for-all?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2017, 09:22:16 PM »

With none of our own on the ballot is it just a free-for-all?

That's what it seems...if we want a shot at winning something then someone better declare pretty quick.
DFL

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2017, 09:46:32 PM »

What's the deadline to run?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2017, 10:08:27 PM »
« Edited: December 06, 2017, 10:10:15 PM by Poirot »

There is a new law, signed by the President in mid-November, that requires candidates to declare 72 hours before the vote starts to be on the ballot for House election (it used to be 24 hours).

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=272198.msg5915084#msg5915084
DFL

« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2017, 10:10:22 PM »

There is a new law, signed by the President in mid-November, that requires candidates to declare 72 hours before the vote starts to be on the ballot (it used to be 24 hours).

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=272198.msg5915084#msg5915084

Ah, so it looks like we're too late to get any candidates into the election
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2017, 10:46:42 PM »
« Edited: December 07, 2017, 10:53:35 PM by wxtransit »

I'll be accepting write-ins for the House.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2017, 04:58:35 PM »

This should be our inspiration:

And I volunteer to fill in as our Itamar Franco.
DFL

« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2017, 05:21:18 PM »

I like the idea of this... I think we've gotta market ourselves better as a party.

And I volunteer to fill in as our Itamar Franco.

What exactly would that entail?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 07:08:55 PM »

I support.
DFL

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2017, 02:45:05 PM »

So how do we go about establishing official planks? I’m guessing we need party leadership or something, but I can go ahead and draft up a couple
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2017, 03:18:43 PM »

So how do we go about establishing official planks? I’m guessing we need party leadership or something, but I can go ahead and draft up a couple

Cool. I might draft up a few tonight, also. What kind of policy will we define since we're big tent? We have social conservatives and liberals and economic conservatives and liberals, so...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies