Russian Pop Star Rounded Up And Tortured To Death In Chechnya's Gay Purge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:50:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Russian Pop Star Rounded Up And Tortured To Death In Chechnya's Gay Purge
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Russian Pop Star Rounded Up And Tortured To Death In Chechnya's Gay Purge  (Read 3214 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2017, 08:04:33 PM »

"Obviously our government isn't going to do anything about this, not even acknowledge it. Donald Trump may be happy to pick fights with North Korea, but there's no way he's going to bite Putin's hand by going after crimes against humanity in a federal subject of Russia."

http://perezhilton.com/2017-10-23-russian-pop-star-murdered-anti-gay-purge-chechnya-zelimkhan-bakaev
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 10:02:22 PM »

If only they had shown the respect to LGBT people that our allies do.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/transgender-pakistani-saudi-arabia-tortured-death-amna-meeno-11-custody-lgbt-rights-human-a7607446.html
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 10:49:46 PM »

Clearly your boy Trump knows what's going on then, since he loves both countries.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 10:51:33 PM »

Unlike you, I've never supported Trump.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 10:52:38 PM »

I gave him a chance. You've defended him a lot more than I ever have.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 11:09:13 PM »

The talk of Russia hacking the election is nonsense. It's better to criticize Trump on substantive things like tax cuts, TrumpCare, coal subsidies, climate change, North Korea policy, travel ban, and so on.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 11:39:10 PM »

The talk of Russia hacking the election is nonsense. It's better to criticize Trump on substantive things like tax cuts, TrumpCare, coal subsidies, climate change, North Korea policy, travel ban, and so on.
The problem is you never actually criticise him on any of those things. You just show up in threads with negative news about him or Putin to deflect
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 11:53:12 PM »

The problem is you never actually criticise him on any of those things. You just show up in threads with negative news about him or Putin to deflect

It should be obvious that I'm against those things, and I have criticized him on some of this on this forum. If there was an acceptable opposition, I'd be criticizing Trump a lot more.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 01:51:52 AM »

Disgraceful Leninist
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 02:47:53 AM »

I mean, yes that's true, but you're using "whataboutism". The topic wasn't even about Saudi Arabia. It was about Chechnya's vicious behavior. Why even bring Saudi Arabia up in the first place?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 02:53:20 AM »

I mean, yes that's true, but you're using "whataboutism". The topic wasn't even about Saudi Arabia. It was about Chechnya's vicious behavior. Why even bring Saudi Arabia up in the first place?

I'm obviously not defending Russia, but pointing out the hypocrisy of all this Russia scapegoating.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 03:14:07 AM »

I'm obviously not defending Russia, but pointing out the hypocrisy of all this Russia scapegoating.
Lol. Also can you explain how exactly Russia can be scapegoated for human rights abuses in Russia?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 03:27:24 AM »

Lol. Also can you explain how exactly Russia can be scapegoated for human rights abuses in Russia?

Obviously this on Russia, and Ramzan Kadyrov is certainly a terrible tyrant, but why single them out when there's Saudi Arabia?
AtorBoltox

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 03:36:46 AM »

Obviously this on Russia, and Ramzan Kadyrov is certainly a terrible tyrant, but why single them out when there's Saudi Arabia?
This thread is about Russia. Why do you need to deflect? Few would disagree with you that Saudi Arabia's human rights record is terrible, bu if you want to discuss that and the USA's relationship with SA create another thread. But of course you don't actually care about gay rights in Saudi Arabia beyond it's ability to be used as a distraction when talking about Russia
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 03:53:16 AM »

This thread is about Russia. Why do you need to deflect? Few would disagree with you that Saudi Arabia's human rights record is terrible, bu if you want to discuss that and the USA's relationship with SA create another thread. But of course you don't actually care about gay rights in Saudi Arabia beyond it's ability to be used as a distraction when talking about Russia

If this thread was just about Russia and part of the scapegoat Russia narrative, it wouldn't have been posted under US General Discussion. And I love people telling me what I actually care about.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 04:57:16 AM »

It'd be nice if you actually criticized him for those things then.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 05:54:31 AM »

If this thread was just about Russia and part of the scapegoat Russia narrative, it wouldn't have been posted under US General Discussion. And I love people telling me what I actually care about.

If the thread "Russian Pop Star Rounded Up And Tortured To Death In Chechnya's Gay Purge" was just about Russia, huh.

You're a despicable person.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 06:42:33 AM »

If the thread "Russian Pop Star Rounded Up And Tortured To Death In Chechnya's Gay Purge" was just about Russia, huh.

If this was just about Russia, shouldn't it have been on the International board?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 07:32:51 AM »

If this was just about Russia, shouldn't it have been on the International board?

A gay person was tortured to death and you're doing...this. Calling those who speak out against it "hypocritical". Take a moment to think about what you've become.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 04:39:31 PM »

Jesus Christ man. This is not a good place for whataboutery
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 04:58:11 PM »

"Whataboutism" is an excuse people make when people call them out on hypocrisy.

What is Putin supposed to do about this?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 05:24:48 PM »

The future that Pence/many Republicans dream of.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 05:36:15 PM »

"Whataboutism" is an excuse people make when people call them out on hypocrisy.

What is Putin supposed to do about this?
Depose the guy in charge?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 08:21:08 PM »

Ramzan Kadyrov has over a decade of human rights abuses. Why would Putin care now?
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 08:24:12 PM »

Jfern ruins thread about human rights abuse in Chechnya. Maybe he really is a Russian puppet.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies