Trump attacks Corker in a series of Tweets again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 12:42:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump attacks Corker in a series of Tweets again
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump attacks Corker in a series of Tweets again  (Read 1089 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 24, 2017, 09:30:13 AM »

He did it again...

It looks like Trump doesn't want to pass tax reform (or anything).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/922798321739161600
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/922799981874089985
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/922817539251556353
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/922828476872318976
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/922830229525225477
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 09:34:20 AM »

That will lather up his most ardent supporters but man alive he needs to tone it down.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 09:34:47 AM »

Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 09:36:07 AM »

Corker striking back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh2klZQU79Q
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 09:36:26 AM »

Senator Bob Corker‏
Verified account

@SenBobCorker

Same untruths from an utterly untruthful president. #AlertTheDaycareStaff
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 09:38:33 AM »

Once tax "reform" fails and the GOP loses the house, I bet you will start to see other Republicans say the same thing.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 09:56:05 AM »

Corker will still vote for anything Trump wants, guys, don't start getting wet dreams
Only if Trump doesn't start making deals with Democrats.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 09:59:14 AM »

Corker will still vote for anything Trump wants, guys, don't start getting wet dreams

Trump isn't making deals with anybody. He's got nothing significant passed so far. So much for the great dealmaker.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 10:06:27 AM »

Once tax "reform" fails and the GOP loses the house, I bet you will start to see other Republicans say the same thing.

Are you sure about that?

Warning for GOP: Trump voters blame Congress for his flirtation with Dems
GOP voters blame Congress, not Trump, for lack of progress

Republicans cast the blame for the failure to advance the GOP agenda on the Republicans in Congress, not President Trump. The Congressional GOP would defy Trump at their own risk.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 11:09:48 AM »

Yeah, how many times have we seen this tweet or similar variations? Thousands? Nothing's going to change.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 11:21:51 AM »

Are you sure about that?

Republicans cast the blame for the failure to advance the GOP agenda on the Republicans in Congress, not President Trump. The Congressional GOP would defy Trump at their own risk.

I don't think this means much. Most GOP congressmen ran ahead of Trump in their own district. They stick with him because of their agenda. Once that fails and they lose the house, there is no reason to protect him anymore.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 11:23:10 AM »

Are you sure about that?

This is the narrative -

Senate doesn't pass healthcare, The reason is -> Paul Ryan is a RINO.
Trump cuts a deal with Dems, The reason is -> Paul Ryan is a RINO.
Kushner screws up something, The reason is -> Paul Ryan is a RINO   .....  Etc Etc

Trump supporters are stupid enough to believe anything. Soon Corker will be a RINO, maybe Ted Cruz will be called a RINO, maybe Rubio becomes a fake conservative.

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 11:34:12 AM »

Yikes, that's what Dobbs looks like now? Is he ill?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 11:44:59 AM »

Democrats are not going to make deals with this President unless there are no strings attached. They know what he does.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 11:55:48 AM »

I don't think this means much. Most GOP congressmen ran ahead of Trump in their own district. They stick with him because of their agenda. Once that fails and they lose the house, there is no reason to protect him anymore.

Every congressional candidate runs ahead of the President. This happens every time.

The GOP House will be fine. Trust me.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2017, 11:56:13 AM »

Bone Spurs is such an imbecile.
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2017, 11:57:26 AM »

Are you sure about that?

Yeah I call BS on that, because if that was true why haven't already dumped him and replaced him with Pence already, who would be more committed to push their agenda through.

They stick with him because if any republican congresscritter decided to join a impeachment attempt in cooperation with democrats, they would be signing their own death warrant in their next republican primary.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 11:58:29 AM »

They'll say it, sure. Then come 2020 surprise surprise they'll all be back to supporting Trump.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2017, 12:37:01 PM »

Are you sure about that?

Yeah I call BS on that, because if that was true why haven't already dumped him and replaced him with Pence already, who would be more committed to push their agenda through.

They stick with him because if any republican congresscritter decided to join a impeachment attempt in cooperation with democrats, they would be signing their own death warrant in their next republican primary.

Because Impeachment is a long process and the GOP doesn't have much time to govern (effectively, the legislative session is over by March 2018).
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »

Every congressional candidate runs ahead of the President. This happens every time.

The GOP House will be fine. Trust me.

I don't trust you, especially in the face of the generic congressional ballot and previous midterms.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2017, 03:09:31 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Republican Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona has also lashed-out today at the Orange-Haired Clown.
So you have Corker and Flake pissed off.
McCain is not happy.
Collins, who isn't a zombie, and doesn't just go along with everything "R."

I would say nothing is a shoo-in with a tax bill. There is multiple levels of uncertainty about many aspects of taxes. Even Paul Ryan could come into play. 50 votes is not going to be super-easy.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2017, 03:10:26 PM »

I wouldn't be so sure about that.
Republican Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona has also lashed-out today at the Orange-Haired Clown.
So you have Corker and Flake pissed off.
McCain is not happy.
Collins, who isn't a zombie, and doesn't just go along with everything "R."

I would say nothing is a shoo-in with a tax bill. There is multiple levels of uncertainty about many aspects of taxes. Even Paul Ryan could come into play. 50 votes is not going to be super-easy.

How does Ryan come into play?  Did you mean Rand Paul?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2017, 04:08:08 PM »

P'shaw: Trump couldn't even get his preferred Senator re-nominated in a safe GOP state. In a vacuum, these people will defend Trump at any cost and attack anybody who goes after him, but...in the context of a GOP primary where there are credible conservative options, I don't think it plays out with the same intensity. There's a greater percentage of right-of-center voters in any GOP primary who have actual principles than in a general election.
60+ GOP Seats After 2018 GUARANTEED
ahugecat

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2017, 04:56:01 PM »

I am tired of these petty Twitter fights to be honest. The one about the soldier's widows for example got me rolling my eyes and sighing like crazy. It's one thing I really hate about this administration - every little thing is a huge controversy.

On one hand, it wouldn't be so bad if Trump didn't always back the Establishment. Por ejemplo he told Corker he would endorse him!

I always thought Corker was a huge supporter of Trump too. What happened?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 05:27:43 PM »

I am tired of these petty Twitter fights to be honest. The one about the soldier's widows for example got me rolling my eyes and sighing like crazy. It's one thing I really hate about this administration - every little thing is a huge controversy.

On one hand, it wouldn't be so bad if Trump didn't always back the Establishment. Por ejemplo he told Corker he would endorse him!

I always thought Corker was a huge supporter of Trump too. What happened?

This happens when a politician runs as a populist demagogue and then sells out to the plutocrats. His character flaws  get exposed every day. Whatever their beliefs, politicians don't like dealing with liars, let alone vindictive liars, even if in the same Party and close on ideology.

This horrible man doesn't treat others with respect. Not the opposition, and not even people in his own Party. He's losing whatever trust he had at inauguration.

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies