MI-Mitchell/Rosetta Stone: Stabenow+8 on Rock, 46-38
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:03:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2018 Senatorial Election Polls
  MI-Mitchell/Rosetta Stone: Stabenow+8 on Rock, 46-38
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-Mitchell/Rosetta Stone: Stabenow+8 on Rock, 46-38  (Read 1373 times)
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 07, 2017, 12:41:06 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

While Mitchell seems to lean a bit to the right, their Georgia poll for last year seems spot-on:

http://landmarkcommunications.net/landmarkrosetta-stone-releases-final-sunday-poll-of-georgia-voters-for-president-senate/

So perhaps we're getting a consensus: Kid Rock is about 10 points behind Stabenow without having announced a campaign. Indeed, she's up by about how much she was up by in 2012 at this point in the election. (And, again, he hasn't announced)

So Likely D at this point but there's room for potential. Trump approval here is 43-51.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 01:26:06 AM »

This race is a non-starter. The minute Rock actually has to debate Stabenow, his political "career" will be over.
UncleSam

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 06:36:51 AM »

This race is a non-starter. The minute Rock actually has to debate Stabenow, his political "career" will be over.
Stabenow isn't considered a strong debater and indeed refused to debate in her 2012 election (smartly imo - what's the point when you're ahead by 15?). She's not a great public speaker either, honestly.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 06:43:02 AM »

Stabenow isn't considered a strong debater and indeed refused to debate in her 2012 election (smartly imo - what's the point when you're ahead by 15?). She's not a great public speaker either, honestly.

Still better than Kid Frigging Rock. He's a redneck, and I say that with all due respect to his musical career.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 10:17:29 AM »

While Ritchie likely does better than Sheriff Bouchard and Hoekstra, I doubt he can pull this off. Lean/Likely D
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 01:35:30 PM »

Ultra Safe D
Alabama_Indy10
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 01:39:57 PM »

Still better than Kid Frigging Rock. He's a redneck, and I say that with all due respect to his musical career.

Watch the condescending name calling. It cost you an election in 2016.
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 01:53:46 PM »

Really, really weird that Rock consistently seems to beat or tie Stabenow among young voters but fails to pull ahead with seniors (the exact opposite of the usual GOP situation). Are old people in Michigan legalists, or do they just not trust Kid Rock's conservatism? If it's the latter, Trump or regular GOP involvement in the race could probably convince the Fox News watchers of the rest of the state that Kid Rock's the real deal. Maybe if Romney comes to stump for him.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »

First of all, no. Second of all, in this instance, am I wrong?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2017, 04:23:33 PM »

And look at how things are turning out. There are already job losses under an unqualified sleaze, so it's going to be pretty hard to convince voters to elect another unqualified sleaze.

And if we want to talk about name calling, you really should call out Republicans who are counting on winning this race by basically calling Stabenow a fat, bagging b****.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2017, 08:32:27 PM »

Uh... the state did vote for Trump... just barely but they did.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »

Uh... the state did vote for Trump... just barely but they did.

Call me crazy, but I highly doubt that a politically-illiterate country rock musician will be able to capitalize on Trump's "success" (air quotes because I get the distinct impression that Trump, Snyder, or both of them rigged the state results in Trump's favor) in a political environment that's rapidly becoming more and more anti-Republican.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2017, 11:28:53 PM »

I really don't buy that 1) that many people watch Senate debates and 2) people are going to be swayed.

I mean, I'd say Stabenow is favored, but being an aggressively dumb a-hole and thief is not something that disqualifies anyone anymore so I wouldn't underestimate Kid Rock even if he vomits on a podium.
bilaps
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2017, 05:54:03 AM »

Like when Trump debated Clinton?
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 01:18:23 PM »

Kid Rock said today on Howard Stern he's not running for Senate.

"F--- no, I’m not running for Senate. Are you kidding me?"
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies