Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:35:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Politics and Elections in the Netherlands: Rutte III era  (Read 134541 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: January 02, 2018, 07:26:29 AM »

There have been problems with fireworks all over the country. Even as a right-winger raised in a relatively rural place I must say that I'm tired of it by now, maybe the call for banning or more strictly regulating it will grow now. Yesterday a man died in front of his children because he f**ed up with fireworks, but most of the victims are bystanders.

Also wanted to shamelessly abuse this thread for announcing that this will be my last post of 2017 on atlas, I have to get back to my parents and the oliebollen now Tongue.
Happy New Year!

Polls indicate that there has been a silent majority that is highly critical of consumer fireworks for years. According to a TNS NIPO poll (2017), 69% of the Dutch never buy any fireworks. And then look at the victims and the costs. Proponents always say that the problems stem from illegal fireworks, but apparently approximately 20% of legal consumer fireworks are defective. Fireworks, not Zwarte Piet, should be the most controversial Dutch "tradition". I have always supported a ban, but it seems things are finally going to change now, though I expect it to take a few more years and a lot more hands, eyes and lives.

This is an issue I definitely take into account when deciding whom to vote for in the local election.

I find fireworx highly annoying, but I guess a ban would be hard to enforce: people would only continue to buy it via Internet and Poland. Here, it's the Greens and the Pilz List who want to ban it. I'm still leaning towards banning it, because fireworks are mostly retarded: they can lead to heavy injuries while being produced (often by children in Asia), or when fired off. They are filled with powder containing massive cancer-inducing substances that are poisoning the air. They are a plague to animals such as cats or dogs who are traumatized. They are a plague for agriculture, because the exploded rockets are coming down on fields who are used for making crops and hey. Cows are eating the stuff and the cancer-inducing crap can be found in our milk. And the PM10 and PM2.5 particle concentration is going through the roof every New Year's morning. Once you wake up on New Year, it's like you are waking up in Shanghai or Beijing, with a thick layer of disgusting crappy air outside.

This is a thing that the Greens should actually push and not being traitors to the country by putting illegal economic immigrants over hard-working Austrians or Europeans.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies