8th Lincoln Assembly Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:55:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  8th Lincoln Assembly Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 8th Lincoln Assembly Thread  (Read 705 times)
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2017, 06:59:47 PM »

Well, you wanted it made, so here it is!

Nominations for speaker will go in this thread.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:40:44 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2017, 08:21:24 AM by Assemblyman ReaganClinton »

Alright! Let's do this.

Once he is inaugurated,I would like to nominate CXSmith Blair as Speaker of the 8th Lincoln Assembly.

Yes, I am changing my nominee because we are currently functioning as a two-man assembly and Blair is the most qualified.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 02:00:45 AM »

Per the SOAP (if the one on the wiki is the most up to date) the following applies for the election of Speaker
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I have a great deal of respect for CXsmith, and the service that he did for Atlasia both in the Senate and the Assembly but my intention has always been to run for Speaker. It's a job that I did for two months back in 2015, a job that I did in the Senate (which was during an impeachment trial of all things) and I had a great deal of interaction with the Assembly in my two terms of Governor.

I also have the rather embarrassing boast that I'll be online a lot over the next term; and it's vital that that Assembly has a Speaker as soon as possible. I of course know however that Cxsmith would make a fine speaker of the Assembly

For that reason under the terms in the SOAP I nominate myself to serve as Speaker, and have the equal enjoyment of acting my nomination
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 08:04:21 AM »

Per the SOAP (if the one on the wiki is the most up to date) the following applies for the election of Speaker

I have a great deal of respect for CXsmith, and the service that he did for Atlasia both in the Senate and the Assembly but my intention has always been to run for Speaker. It's a job that I did for two months back in 2015, a job that I did in the Senate (which was during an impeachment trial of all things) and I had a great deal of interaction with the Assembly in my two terms of Governor.

I also have the rather embarrassing boast that I'll be online a lot over the next term; and it's vital that that Assembly has a Speaker as soon as possible. I of course know however that Cxsmith would make a fine speaker of the Assembly

For that reason under the terms in the SOAP I nominate myself to serve as Speaker, and have the equal enjoyment of acting my nomination

You're both very good candidates, I was just unaware of your prior experience in the assembly, so I nominated cxsmith at the time.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 11:17:13 AM »

You're both very good candidates, I was just unaware of your prior experience in the assembly, so I nominated cxsmith at the time.

In your defense I think that only about 3-4 people who are currently serving in Atlasia where active in my short reign of terror in the Northeast Assembly
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 04:28:13 PM »

fwiw (not much since I live in the South now) Blair would make a great Speaker
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 06:56:22 PM »

I don't want to clutter the proposed legislation thread with commentary, so I'll add mine here: I support the Electoral Fairness and Chaos Prevention Act. My only concern is to make sure that any special runoff election is run over a weekend (particularly the next weekend), instead of during the week. So the time frames need to be tightened up a bit:

I leave it up to the Assembly to decide whether the special election should include only the tied candidates or anyone else who declares. I'd prefer the former, but in a race with only 2 candidates to start with, the runoff election would be a rehash of the original election. It would matter more in tied Assembly elections than some Gubernatorial or Senate elections.

The three-day time to negotiate should allow the special election to be held the following weekend in most circumstances, as the Lt. Governor only has until midnight Tuesday EST to certify the election.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 07:04:09 PM »

I'll agree to the changes proposed by Cinyc.
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 08:34:17 PM »

I'll agree to the changes proposed by Cinyc.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 08:19:02 AM »

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 11:59:18 AM »

Senator R2D2 and I think that we need to add another clause to the bill for this election, since we won’t meet the 3 or 7 day deadline before this is passed:

IX. In the October, 2017 election, tied candidates shall have until one (1) day after the passage of this bill to decide whether to hold a special election to break a tie or split the term of the office they are contending for.

Then, this needs to be passed and signed before November 2.

FYI, Senator R2D2 and I have agreed to split the term, with the Senator filling the first half of it.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 02:29:06 PM »

Senator R2D2 and I think that we need to add another clause to the bill for this election, since we won’t meet the 3 or 7 day deadline before this is passed:

IX. In the October, 2017 election, tied candidates shall have until one (1) day after the passage of this bill to decide whether to hold a special election to break a tie or split the term of the office they are contending for.

Then, this needs to be passed and signed before November 2.

FYI, Senator R2D2 and I have agreed to split the term, with the Senator filling the first half of it.

Yeah, that's fair. It should be removed once this ordeal is over. Anyone else have anything to comment?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 03:30:43 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2017, 04:29:19 PM by Blair »

I'm fine with this amendment.

ReaganClinton as per the rules of the SOAP since it's been 24 hours since nominations begun for Speaker, and CXS hasn't accepted his nomination, would it be okay if I formally assumed the office of Speaker so that we can get the ball rolling this weekend?

Update: Due to time zones I won't be able to do anything for the next 8 or so hours as I'll be asleep but I'm confident we can get a fair deal done tomorrow
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2017, 04:27:08 AM »

If nothing moves in the next couple of hours or so I'll be making a Palpatine esque move, and will take over as Speaker as we need to get two major bills done by Wednesday (the budget extension and the election law)
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2017, 06:51:26 AM »

If nothing moves in the next couple of hours or so I'll be making a Palpatine esque move, and will take over as Speaker as we need to get two major bills done by Wednesday (the budget extension and the election law)
Is a governor allowed to appoint a speaker?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 07:53:20 AM »

Is a governor allowed to appoint a speaker?

I didn't see that ReaganClinton had actually edited his post; and nominated me as Speaker so I'm actually able to take over the role now.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 11:34:45 AM »

Right, sorry for all the commotion, I should've made my post clearer.

So, I'd like to point out that there are a few roles we may need to fill in the near future, including a Supreme Court nominee and possibly an assemblyman if CXS decides not to show up.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 03:39:28 PM »

I'd like to welcome Adam Griffin to the Assembly. I hope we can now get the ball rolling even more on legislation and other matters.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »
« Edited: November 12, 2017, 08:48:06 PM by Assemblyman ReaganClinton »

Alright, because Blair has vacated his seat, I will be taking on the role of Acting Speaker as long as Lt. Gov./AM Griffin has no objection. If Politicalmasta is elected, I will retain this seat due to the majority.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2017, 11:41:36 PM »

Due to the largely tentative (and short) nature of my appointment, I will vote to allow ReaganClinton to remain speaker for the duration of my appointment.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »

Okay so why is the Assembly so inactive all of a sudden?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies