Will NOW Defend This Woman
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:21:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will NOW Defend This Woman
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Will NOW Defend This Woman  (Read 7634 times)
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.88, S: 1.59

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 27, 2005, 04:20:05 PM »

Recalling NOW's support for Lorena Bobbitt (who cut off her husband's penis because of domestic violence) and Andrea Yates (who killed her children by drowning them in a bathtub), I wonder if NOW will support the woman discussed in this article.

I can just hear the feminists saying that she did this because she could no longer deal with the abusive partriachy in American society, or some such nonsense.  Too bad they can't blame this on post-partum depression, as they did in the Andrea Yates case.  Of course, they can say it was the father's fault, as they argued in the Yates case.

(Columbia) August 19, 2005 - A 24-year-old South Carolina State student was arrested Thursday and charged with unlawful conduct towards a child.
An arrest warrant states Miama Rebecca Kromah cut the scrotum of her three-year-old stepson with a sharp object.

Lt. Chris Cowan with the Richland County Sheriff's Department says it's one of the most horrific cases of child abuse investigators say they've seen in a while.

Deputies say Kromah came to Palmetto Richland on Monday night with her three year old stepson who had a three inch laceration on his scrotum, and the testicle was protruding from the scrotum.

Kromah told the hospital the child was not in her care when he sustained the injuries. However, further investigation by the Richland County Deputies and a statement taken from the three-year-old victim identifies Kromah as the person who caused the injury.

Deputies say Kromah is a native of Liberia and here on a student visa. The three year old's father is also here from Liberia on a work student visa, he was not home at the time of the incident.

The boy was transported to Lexington Medical Center and then to Palmetto Richland Hospital for surgery. After receiving treatment for his injuries, the boy was taken into emergency protective custody and turned over to DSS.

Deputies are now trying to figure out what could have led her to this violent act.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 04:30:05 PM »

When the  did NOW support those? Got a link?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 04:34:38 PM »

When the  did NOW support those? Got a link?

Before I post a link, will you agree that it would be reprehensible for NOW to have rallied to the support of Andrea Yates?
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 04:43:27 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2005, 04:46:22 PM by dazzleman »

Well Jfern, since you have failed to answer, I assume you are reserving the right to defend NOW even if they defended Andrea Yates.  If that were the case, why did you ask for links in the first place, implying that what I was saying was not true, rather than that you support something that is truly reprehensible.

BTW, here are two links.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/front/1021312
http://www.nationalreview.com/nr_comment/nr_comment082801a.shtml

And here's one on the Bobbitt case.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1562
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 04:47:57 PM »

When the  did NOW support those? Got a link?

Before I post a link, will you agree that it would be reprehensible for NOW to have rallied to the support of Andrea Yates?

I didn't see anything on Lorenna Bobbit. That was dumb of them to support Yates, but they were just doing it because they oppose the death penalty for the mentally ill.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2005, 04:49:07 PM »

Well Jfern, since you have failed to answer, I assume you are reserving the right to defend NOW even if they defended Andrea Yates.  If that were the case, why did you ask for links in the first place, implying that what I was saying was not true, rather than that you support something that is truly reprehensible.

BTW, here are two links.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/front/1021312
http://www.nationalreview.com/nr_comment/nr_comment082801a.shtml

And here's one on the Bobbitt case.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/1562

Gee, sorry that I GOOGLED myself instead of waiting for your right-wing links.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 04:52:32 PM »

John Brown was almost surely insane. Does anyone actually think he should not have gotten the death penalty?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 04:53:24 PM »

OK, NOW is run by some morons. However, they don't have the power or extremism of Falwell, Robertson, or Dobson.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 04:53:46 PM »

John Brown was almost surely insane. Does anyone actually think he should not have gotten the death penalty?

Most murderers are insane.  It's a question of whether they can tell the difference between right and wrong, not whether they are insane or not.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 04:54:11 PM »

Yeah, most non pro-slavery southerners.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 04:55:35 PM »

OK, NOW is run by some morons. However, they don't have the power or extremism of Falwell, Robertson, or Dobson.

No, they actually have a lot more power.  And even if they don't, that makes it OK for them to take reprehensible positions? 

What do you think their position would have been if the father, rather than the mother, had murdered those children?  I think I know the answer to that question, and it speaks volumes about the integrity of NOW.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 04:59:45 PM »

No. He deserved a medal, and should've had memorials built in his honor.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 05:00:18 PM »

No, they actually have a lot more power.  And even if they don't, that makes it OK for them to take reprehensible positions? 

What do you think their position would have been if the father, rather than the mother, had murdered those children?  I think I know the answer to that question, and it speaks volumes about the integrity of NOW.

What more do you need to know about NOW besides that they're run by morons?
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 05:01:06 PM »

1) The Houston Chronicle is hardly a "right-wing link"

2) What political power does Pat Robertson have?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 05:02:13 PM »

Brown targeted five families in Kansas. In each case, he and his followers dragged the man of the house from his bed and hacked him to pieces as his family screamed in horror.

Oh, and none of them owned any slaves. No one was more justly hanged.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

So some woman hurts a child and the first thing you think is to try and involve NOW somehow.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 05:04:11 PM »

So you're admitting that I was right to begin with?  That's quite a change from your original position.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 05:05:21 PM »

So some 40+ people are killed in London and the first thing you can think of is to try and involve Bush somehow.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 05:05:37 PM »

No, they actually have a lot more power.

Because the party they back controls all 3 branches of government? Oh wait. As long as the Republicans control the government, the religious right has more power.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2005, 05:07:45 PM »

So you're admitting that I was right to begin with?  That's quite a change from your original position.

No because as Texasgurl pointed out you were wrong to begin with because the case had nothing to do with NOW.

If NOW had come out in defense of this woman, you would have a valid point. They have not as of now, so you do not.

This is quite similar to many posts bandit has made.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005, 05:08:30 PM »

Of course the pro-murder Democrats will defend NOW no matter what.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2005, 05:09:42 PM »

So some 40+ people are killed in London and the first thing you can think of is to try and involve Bush somehow.
Show me where i posted that or STFU mmmmkay.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2005, 05:10:33 PM »

I actually don't care about them, I'm just saying this thread is pretty dumb.

And dazzleman has some serious issues to work out, I wonder if some radical feminist hurt him earlier in life. He sounds like bandit talking about all sorts of stuff or opebo talking about Christians wheneve he brings up feminists. Lots of feminists are dumb, but sex-positive ones like Annie Sprinkle definately rule, he just likes to lump them all together.
dazzleman
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2005, 05:10:41 PM »

So some woman hurts a child and the first thing you think is to try and involve NOW somehow.

I thought the question was worth asking given NOW's history of defending reprehensible behavior by women while at the same time strongly condemning the same behavior by men.

Call me crazy, but to me, equal rights means a single standard of behavior.  Clearly, NOW is not really for equal rights.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2005, 05:11:51 PM »

Some communist moron who approves of hacking innocent people to pieces has some serious issues to work out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies