Will NOW Defend This Woman (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:46:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will NOW Defend This Woman (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will NOW Defend This Woman  (Read 7899 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: August 27, 2005, 05:21:19 PM »

I agree feminism is a nasty sexist cause.  But then I'm an egalitarian.  I believe Dazzleman is too.  But if I were a bitter old c**nt I might not be.  I might be a feminist instead.  Just like I might be a masculinist if I were a bitter old man.  But you can't change attitudes by attack, and I'm still mystified that there are anti-male bigots and anti-female bigots.  Either way, I'm no big fan of NOW either. 

That said, it's true that you are assigning a position to them that they haven't taken, Dazzleman.  That seems a bit unjustified.  I don't know the details of the current case.  And, let's remind ourselves that it was a panel of Houstonians who decided Andrea Yates shouldn't be imprisoned, not NOW.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 05:27:45 PM »

I stand corrected.  I see that you did not make any such assumptions.

I mostly jumped in because I agree with your general feelings about pitting the sexes against each other, I think.  We've discussed it many times.  And I agree organizations like NOW and their male counterparts do more harm than good.

anyway, I don't have any guess one way or the other about the current case.  so I'll just duck out.

Smiley
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 06:23:06 PM »

Eureka!  so I'm watching this movie called "Joe Dirt" on TNT.  And they just played a scene wherein Joe is wandering around the west and comes upon a place called Silvertown.  While attempting to steal some food, he discovers a dog whose scrotum has frozen to the floorboards of the porch outside a farmhouse.  So this hot bimbette with Daisy Duke shorts and long blonde ponytails walks out and asks what's wrong.  Brandi is her name.  Nice thighs.  Anyway, Joe tells her his ballsac is frozen to the floor.  So she exclaims, "poor charlie.  I'll save you.  Be right back."  She disappears into the shack and comes out with a big pair of hedge clippers.

Clearly this Kromah woman was watching "Joe Dirt" when her son had problems, so she was influenced by the movie.  So, it's the "media's" fault.  Hollywood's fault.  Not hers.  I rest my case.

Okay, now I'm getting back to the movie.  Later.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies