Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:51:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 139004 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 30, 2017, 02:03:39 AM »

-Christianity is superior to all other religions and people from non-Christian cultures converting is a positive development.
-Mormonism is a false non-Christian religion.

These, plus a couple others (apart from my stock-issues GOP views):
-I have a strongly favorable view of Silicon Valley and think it is having a net positive impact on our economy and society.
-I think homeschooling should be strongly regulated and all but banned except in exceptional circumstances in the case of parents without a proper education.  
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 11:45:41 AM »

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:27:27 PM »

I believe that some people are simply born evil. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 06:41:07 PM »

I think the Omphalos hypothesis is a likely possibility of our Earth’s past, though I am a theistic evolutionist.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 01:42:16 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2017, 01:46:29 PM by RFayette »

I think the Omphalos hypothesis is a likely possibility of our Earth’s past, though I am a theistic evolutionist.

The Omphalos hypothesis doesn't resolve the problem for Biblical literalists that the fossil record shows that if Genesis is to be taken as literal history either God allowed lies to exist in the fossil record or that on an Earth supposedly designed to be perfect, with every species fulfilling its unique role, far less than 1% of the species that ever were are still around today.  You don't even need to bring up the age of the universe to make a compelling case for the first eleven chapters of Genesis to be considered myth rather than history.

I know, but my point is that I don't see divine deception as out of the question, especially as someone who believes in predestination.  Granted, I'd have a real hard time being a Christian if I firmly believed that, hence why I'm still a theistic evolutionist, but I still see it as a possibility.  
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 02:21:02 AM »

I believe that we are all basically bad (though capable of redemption), and that evil is merely a reflection of the human condition rather than an aberration. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 02:00:26 PM »

-I believe the death penalty should apply to child molesters and rapists, and that an automatic death penalty should be given to serial killers.
-Humans nature is fundamentally evil.
-Inequality is the natural state of society, and its causes are internal rather than primarily due to systematic oppression.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 07:00:42 PM »

Chicago deep dish is not real pizza. That being said it's still better than New York Pizza.

Okay, I guess that's neither here nor there then ... it's in' delicious! 

Gino’s East is the sh**t, I highly reccomend it if you like deep dish

Got that right.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 07:37:00 PM »

I love weather in the 90-100+ range, including running in those temperatures.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 02:26:36 PM »

UBI would actually solve most of the problems with child support.

Would you favor abolishing child support if there were a set amount of money per kid then, or are you suggesting something else?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 07:18:21 AM »

The election of Trump has caused most of the red avatars' debating skills to lapse.

The attrition of left-wing posters like King, bedstuy, etc. to AAD also likely played a role here.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2018, 05:50:05 PM »

4) American politics are SUPER boring..

This one surprises me most, as to me the past few years have been anything but.   Are you referring to policy, the biennial horserace, or a mixture of both?
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 10:24:48 PM »

The moderators do a pretty good job with things, on balance
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 05:19:58 PM »

Educated suburban whites trending towards the Democratic Party is primarily due to economic insecurity and not race, immigration or the religious right.

Out of curiosity, is this because you think people with college degrees have higher economic expectations (based on high economic status of previous generations of college grads) and are more likely to blame those at the top due to close proximity to them compared to the more rural WWC? 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 08:12:17 PM »

The school day should be longer and academic standards in K-12 education should be much more intense to bring the USA up to par with competition in East Asia. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies