Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:00:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 138989 times)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« on: November 21, 2017, 05:17:58 PM »

Unpopular opinions:.

I have the DuckTales theme song on my phone and I listen to it during commute
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 05:27:07 PM »

I love the DuckTales theme song! DuckTales was one of the best stuff in the Disney afternoon, and a 80s cult classic.

So true. I have all the 80s/90s Disney songs on my phone
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 05:39:37 PM »

I love the DuckTales theme song! DuckTales was one of the best stuff in the Disney afternoon, and a 80s cult classic.

Chip chip Chippendale rescue rangers...they'll find the whens the whys and whos... Tongue

Same. I love you for it
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 09:50:18 PM »

Chip chip Chippendale rescue rangers...they'll find the whens the whys and whos... Tongue

Same. I love you for it
Do you like Quackpack and/or Dark wing Duck?

Son...I'm on that 90s Recess level
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

Most of the women that the mainstream media and popular culture insist are attractive do nothing for me.

I tend to agree with this. Average is the new sexy
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »

I feel this way about The Godfather

I've never been able to stay awake through that movie
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 11:39:41 AM »

IMO the biggest problem with child support is that there seems to be no opt-out for it at all.  I don't think any person should be subject to 18 years hard labor against their will, physical or financial, male or female.  That precisely is why I'm pro-choice.

But, I also believe that childbearing should be universally discouraged.  That's what puts me at odds with most people, I think.

I don't know about child support but alimony should be banned completely. No one owes you anything after a relationship ends
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 05:39:24 PM »

Bernie would have lost, possibly by more than HRC did.

Most politics are "identity politics."

Abortion shouldn't be a Democratic litmus test, unless we want to lose every statewide election outside of states that went hard for HRC last year. Encourage candidates to be pro-choice, but don't demand it.

A majority (~65%, give or take 5 percentage points) of the "white working class" will not vote Democratic unless the Democrats move to the center to such an extent that they alienate everyone BUT the WWC. Thus, while the Democrats shouldn't ignore them (us? I technically fit into the white working class) in 2020, they shouldn't bend over backwards for them/us either.

As a Sanders supporter, I tend to agree with this. Very similar to how Bill Clinton wanted to originally run in 1988 but decided not to. Timing is everything
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 01:34:29 AM »

Bernie would have lost, possibly by more than HRC did.

Most politics are "identity politics."

Abortion shouldn't be a Democratic litmus test, unless we want to lose every statewide election outside of states that went hard for HRC last year. Encourage candidates to be pro-choice, but don't demand it.

A majority (~65%, give or take 5 percentage points) of the "white working class" will not vote Democratic unless the Democrats move to the center to such an extent that they alienate everyone BUT the WWC. Thus, while the Democrats shouldn't ignore them (us? I technically fit into the white working class) in 2020, they shouldn't bend over backwards for them/us either.

As a Sanders supporter, I tend to agree with this. Very similar to how Bill Clinton wanted to originally run in 1988 but decided not to. Timing is everything

I'll elaborate a little on my thinking.

I think that in the best case scenario (with a midwestern woman to attempt to satisfy Hillary voters as VP, perhaps Sen. Klobuchar) Bernie picks up WI, MI, and probably PA, while losing VA due to poorer Dem support in NoVA and the lack of Kaine on the ticket. That's a 272-266 Trump squeaker.

More likely, Sanders splits the Democrats and a significant minority of HRC primary voters stay home on Nov. 8th ("Hillary Gals" instead of "Bernie Bros?"). Trump calls him a Communist revolutionary in the general and proceeds to win every state he did IRL plus MN. NH is a bigger Dem win with Bernie, while NV and CO are closer.

Or maybe Bernie could pull out a win, who knows. I just feel that he had a lot smaller chance for victory than people give him, especially considering that it would have necessitated reuniting a party behind a candidate other than the one that, for better or worse, had been the assumed 2016 nominee since 2009.

Bernie is the type of candidate who can only win when things get so bad that "fringe" like policy positions become acceptable through desperation. A disgusting 🐖 like Trump is necessary to get elected to make a Sanders 2020 campaign a shoe in. Think back to Reagan:

1) Ran in 1968, comes in 3rd at the convention
2) Runs in 1976, comes in 2nd at the convention
3) Runs in 1980, finally wins as the public tire of New Deal politics
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 07:47:03 PM »

I agree with Quincy Jones....the Beatles are terrible and overrated. Sg. Peppers album is crap and does not deserve to be on any top 10 list of "greatest albums"
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2018, 04:25:05 PM »

Hot take:

Shelby Vs Holder wasn't a bad decision. The formula was out of date and needs to be updated
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 03:16:02 AM »

Intellectuals are morons who sound smart about being wrong
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies