Kevin Spacey accused of sexually advancing on a 14 year old
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:32:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Kevin Spacey accused of sexually advancing on a 14 year old
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Kevin Spacey accused of sexually advancing on a 14 year old  (Read 7786 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2017, 05:21:10 PM »

Now that I think about it, I should probably get around to watching the last few episodes before Netflix removes the show.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2017, 05:28:42 PM »

Another (anonymous) victim comes forward.

The details in this interview are a bit graphic but basically Spacey is a lifelong pedophile abuser who I pray will never find work again.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2017, 05:31:51 PM »

At least Bill Clinton/Donald Trump never went after children.

This is beyond reprehensible, and it's a crying shame the statute of limitations has passed.

Remember those Miss Teen USA locker room allegations?

Bingo. This more than anything else is wiving accusations of so-called locker room talk about Archie toe skin president just don't fit. He's a Serial creep.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2017, 06:15:34 PM »

Jesus Christ.... I guess Spacey really is Frank Underwood.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/02/media/house-of-cards-kevin-spacey-harassment/index.html
tallguy23
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2017, 07:47:56 PM »

I don't see how there is a sixth season now. They'd have to kill Frank off to make it work.
henster
YaBB God

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2017, 08:01:49 PM »

I feel for the victims but they could’ve at least waited until after season 6.
Koharu
jphp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.35

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2017, 09:11:47 PM »

Wow, gross.

Your personal desire for closure in regards to a fictitious show does not override the need for safety and protection of the real, live people on the set of the show.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »

Now that I think about it, I should probably get around to watching the last few episodes before Netflix removes the show.

I quickly bought the season 5 blu-rays when the news came out on Monday, just in case retailers start pulling it or something. In the past I've waited until the new year for a lower price.

I have no problem owning and rewatching these. I can separate in my mind the story from the actors.

But this is pretty shocking. He's been in so many great movies. And for the last 5 years I've thought he was one of the most talented actors of all time because of his performance on HoC. Unfortunately, it turns out he's a pretty horrible person.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2017, 10:43:06 PM »

Drunken groping with a twelve year difference? Or repeated, planned sexual affairs with an aide and a twenty-eight year difference?

Consensual sex between adults > non-consensual sexual contact between an adult and a child.

A fourteen year old cannot consent to sex. A twenty-two year old can. That's how it is.

We’re running into a whole different debate about consensual sex laws - something I believe >70% of people believed should be at fourteen, awfully enough.

That said, I want to make it quite clear that Spacey’s sexual assault is completely and utterly unacceptable, by any moral standards.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2017, 11:16:20 PM »

Drunken groping with a twelve year difference? Or repeated, planned sexual affairs with an aide and a twenty-eight year difference?

Consensual sex between adults > non-consensual sexual contact between an adult and a child.

A fourteen year old cannot consent to sex. A twenty-two year old can. That's how it is.

I said the exact same thing. Looks like you need to bash him over the head with an anvil before he gets the message.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2017, 05:28:03 AM »

I don't see how there is a sixth season now. They'd have to kill Frank off to make it work.

Fortunately Claire is president now, so I guess they could conveniently kill off Frank in a plane crash or something. Tongue
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2017, 02:24:45 PM »

Tell me this is a joke/sarcasm ?
You cant possibly be serious with this statement.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2017, 05:06:21 PM »

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/house-of-cards-kevin-spacey-1202606647/

No, just pull the plug already. Even Robin Wright can't save what was such a poor show (putting things mildly).
kyc0705

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2017, 05:17:18 PM »

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/house-of-cards-kevin-spacey-1202606647/

No, just pull the plug already. Even Robin Wright can't save what was such a poor show (putting things mildly).

I will strongly defend the first two seasons of the show. But a show about a character accumulating power should have ended after he accumulated maximum power (I have a similar complaint about the British version.) The best idea would probably be to kill off Frank and find some closing character arc for Claire. Frankly, I’ve always found her the more compelling of the two.

In any case, the discussion over what to do about a TV show is irrelevant for this topic, which is about a real life person causing real life harm to real life people.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2017, 04:58:37 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2017, 05:06:10 AM by Great Again: Twilight of the GOP »

It's official: Netflix has fired Kevin Spacey and they're now discussing how to continue production of  the show's final season without him. They've also decided not to release the film Gore which features Spacey as Gore Vidal.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/03/media/kevin-spacey-netflix-house-of-cards/index.html

In a related news: Ridley Scott's newest film All the Money in the World will be released in December. In this film, Spacey portrays J. Paul Getty. So far, the movie's release hasn't been cancelled, but they did suspend their campaign to lobby for a Academy Award nomination for Spacey.

http://variety.com/2017/film/in-contention/kevin-spacey-oscar-campaign-all-the-money-in-the-world-1202605587/
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2017, 06:12:53 AM »

Just saying.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2017, 08:40:39 AM »

It never surprises me when a Hollywood figure is revealed as a Secret Scumbag who's been enabled by silence for decades.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2017, 08:55:55 AM »

It's official: Netflix has fired Kevin Spacey and they're now discussing how to continue production of the show's final season without him.

It's as if they knew all along
kyc0705

« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2017, 09:39:01 AM »
« Edited: November 04, 2017, 10:12:19 AM by kyc0705 »

It's official: Netflix has fired Kevin Spacey and they're now discussing how to continue production of the show's final season without him.

It's as if they knew all along

There's an important distinction here. Although I'm not sure how many people knew it was this bad, everybody knew there were very unsavory rumors about Spacey (even I did, and my connections to the industry could be described as tentative at best.) Nobody expected it to ever come out like this. I highly doubt the show was expecting to have to get rid of him entirely, but the arc of the show definitely indicated that it would finally end after the sixth season.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2017, 01:39:46 PM »

a Secret Scumbag who's been enabled by silence for decades.

Like the predator you voted for?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2017, 01:40:35 PM »

HAH
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2017, 02:29:11 PM »

Amen.
Good to hear this person come forward, though.  The more people who speak out, the more courage others will have to do it.

You mean like the 16 or so women that "spoke out" about trump ?
A lot of good that did for our society.

You're right, man: it's not good that people are coming forward because Donald Trump.

The point is blue avatars suddenly come alive and get "hard wood" when stories reveal disgusting sexual harassment and assault by Hollywood stars. But when their New Fuhrer was accused by 16 women, they turn their head and pretend it never happened.
You’re the one who came out of nowhere going “but muh Trump allegations!” Is this about Trump? Did RINO mention Trump at all? Hell, does RINO even support Trump? No, it’s you getting pissy because this thread isn’t aboug trashing Trump and instead it’s trashing a pedophile that I’m ashamed to call a Democrat.

I am not a supporter of Trump in any way, but good lord, you need to stop being so goddamn obsessed about the guy. When there’s a thread about Trump’s allegations, then we can talk about him there.

Look, both actors pretend to be President on TV, and both appear to be huge scumbags personally. With that much in common, it's inevitable that a thread on one is going to get a lot of cross talk about the other. (Martin Sheen seems to be a pretty decent human being, or I'm sure we'd be talking about him, too.)
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #97 on: November 09, 2017, 04:26:58 AM »

In a related news: Ridley Scott's newest film All the Money in the World will be released in December. In this film, Spacey portrays J. Paul Getty. So far, the movie's release hasn't been cancelled, but they did suspend their campaign to lobby for a Academy Award nomination for Spacey.

http://variety.com/2017/film/in-contention/kevin-spacey-oscar-campaign-all-the-money-in-the-world-1202605587/

Ridley Scott has decided to cut all scenes with Kevin Spacey from his new film All the Money in the World and reshoot them using actor Christopher Plummer.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/kevin-spacey-dropped-all-in-the-money-in-the-world-christopher-plummer-ridley-scott-j-paul-getty-1202204437/
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 09, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »

Exactly what I was thinking.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #99 on: November 09, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »

Ridley Scott has decided to cut all scenes with Kevin Spacey from his new film All the Money in the World and reshoot them using actor Christopher Plummer.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/kevin-spacey-dropped-all-in-the-money-in-the-world-christopher-plummer-ridley-scott-j-paul-getty-1202204437/

I think that's an overreaction. Would they like to cut him out of all films now? Not that I approve any assaults, but we should abide by a simple American rule: Innocent until proven guilty.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies