Which site is worse: Everyday Feminism or Breitbart?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:54:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which site is worse: Everyday Feminism or Breitbart?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which site is worse: Everyday Feminism or Breitbart?
Everyday Feminism

Breitbart

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Which site is worse: Everyday Feminism or Breitbart?  (Read 3471 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2017, 12:49:23 PM »

I'll have to go with Breitbart, but it's actually kind of close.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 12:53:55 PM »
« Edited: November 02, 2017, 07:59:16 AM by Not_Madigan »

Everyday Feminism, but they're both really sh*t.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 01:03:47 PM »

I never even heard of EF but looking at it, I'd still say Breitbart even if I really don't like EF. Sites like EF seem intent on making sure men and white people know they suck for all these reasons that "maybe they aren't aware of." However I can't say I dislike it more than Breitbart because if I browse both I'm much more likely to find an article I like or maybe agree with on EF than Breitbart.
The Govanah Jake
Jake Jewvinivisk

Political Matrix
E: -2.39, S: -5.30

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 05:07:15 PM »

Every Day Feminism though the fact Breitbart is more influential in spreading a decent amount of non-factual headlines makes it closer then it should be.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 05:30:56 PM »

Breitbart since it has far more influence than whatever the other site is.

This. I've never even heard of the first one.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »

I'd say a policy-influencing fascist mouthpiece is automatically the worst choice in any such matchup.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 05:35:54 PM »

Plus Tumblr-esque SJWs and pseudo-intellectual bourgeois New Feminists on their worst days are still better than alt-right freaks on their "best."

Even I can admit that. Tongue
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 05:41:19 PM »

Both are completely ridiculous. Breitbart is, as Steve Bannon himself described it, "the platform for the alt-right."

Everyday Feminism is the epitome of the social justice warrior. With headlines like:
"Think It’s #NotAllMen? These 4 Facts Prove You’re Just Plain Wrong"
"How TV Teaches Us Toxic Monogamy"

Both are extremely political and unreliable websites. Breitbart for sure has more influence, but EF is more ridiculous. So it's a tossup.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 06:56:44 PM »

Everyday Feminism
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 07:57:14 AM »

Everyday Feminist. I consider myself a meninist actually.
Huh wtf?
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 02:27:23 PM »

There's plenty of double standards that favor women. Just think about it. If you look closely, a men's rights movement is needed more.

Well, thank you for proving irrevocably that you belong on ignore.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 02:30:25 PM »

Plus Tumblr-esque SJWs and pseudo-intellectual bourgeois New Feminists on their worst days are still better than alt-right freaks on their "best."

Even I can admit that. Tongue
White women who subscribe to the cannard on EF are the equivalent in SJW culture to what white working class men are in southern culture:  One step from the top/bottom trying to deflect all responsibility for everything bad onto the rung above/below them.

Proof positive that women are often incredibly patronizing in this wretched patriarchy.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 03:00:31 PM »

There's plenty of double standards that favor women. Just think about it. If you look closely, a men's rights movement is needed more.

its remarkable what rubbish you believe when you are a child
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 04:58:47 PM »

Everyday Feminism.

IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 09:11:46 PM »

Oof, your hot takes are on atlas now!

pretty sure that the real hot take is from the mra

although please feel free to expound your views on why we are apparently in a women-dominated society...
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 11:28:47 PM »

Any "leftist" who thinks that Everyday Feminism's "cringworthy" (it's not academia, but its a lot better then some centrist mouthpiece that makes you think) complaints about social norms is even remotely comparable to a literal genocide mouthpiece needs to take a good long look in the mirror.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 12:05:49 AM »

Any "leftist" who thinks that Everyday Feminism's "cringworthy" (it's not academia, but its a lot better then some centrist mouthpiece that makes you think) complaints about social norms is even remotely comparable to a literal genocide mouthpiece needs to take a good long look in the mirror.

This article is what cemented my belief on how much of a pile of garbage dumpster fire EF is: https://everydayfeminism.com/2015/07/white-people-black-hairstyles/

Stupid stupid STUPID article.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 12:48:09 AM »
« Edited: November 03, 2017, 12:51:02 AM by Representative Cactus »

This article is what cemented my belief on how much of a pile of garbage dumpster fire EF is: https://everydayfeminism.com/2015/07/white-people-black-hairstyles/

The idea that you actually think that article is somehow wrong frankly baffles me, because just about every dreadlock-wearing white man I've ever met in my life has been an insufferable dolt. That's not even getting into the actual cultural implications of it, because I know your political conscience is about as deep as a teaspoon when it comes to issues that actually matter.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 04:11:37 AM »

You think that's on the same level as a propaganda outlet for the dehumanization of most people on earth (and the kind of rhetoric that leads to genocide)?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 08:22:01 AM »

The idea that you actually think that article is somehow wrong frankly baffles me, because just about every dreadlock-wearing white man I've ever met in my life has been an insufferable dolt. That's not even getting into the actual cultural implications of it, because I know your political conscience is about as deep as a teaspoon when it comes to issues that actually matter.

Wow, nice broad brush. One of the most useful, knowledgeable and hard working not to mention friendly guys at my work is a white guy with dreadlocks...so yeah I do think it's wrong. Also one of the kindest and most empathetic people in my whole list of Facebook friends is a white woman with dreadlocks. Simply ridiculous.

Also "issues that actually matter", yes this is certainly the most important issue facing the black community today. Let's forget about police violence and brutality, higher incarceration rates, a skewed legal system, rampant poverty and the heavy crime and poor living conditions of heavily black areas, most of them no doubt care far more about white people wearing dreadlocks. Sheesh. Next thing you'll be saying that white women wearring hoop earrings is a bigger issue than Trump ending DACA for Hispanics.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »

Saying anything other than Breitbart is childish. "Okay, this one site is a fascist-lite propaganda mill for one of the worst presidents ever, but this other site is really annoying, so I can't decide which is worse!!!"
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 08:10:40 PM »

Most seem to be potheads, counterculturists, or rasta-wannabes, or a mix of the three. I'm white and wouldn't wear dreadlocks because I don't feel the need to change my natural hairstyle. But, it all comes down to choice.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 06:01:20 PM »

As a male feminist, I hadn't even heard of EF, and it looks like it's among the worst feminist sites, but is still nowhere near as bad as Breitbart and others on the alt-right.

Double standards favoring women are generally side effects of traditional gender roles and patriarchy. My experience with (female) feminists is that they, if anything, are more accepting of men who don't fit the stereotypical male image (I'm not only talking about LGBT).
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 12:46:59 AM »

Oof, your hot takes are on atlas now!
People who claim to be men's rights activists do not get to complain about hot takes.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2018, 07:41:32 AM »

Top 10 Questions Science Still Can't Answer
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to: