Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:31:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Donna Brazile: How the Clinton campaign ran the DNC  (Read 13367 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2017, 10:52:51 PM »

"Yes Hillary may have rigged the entire primary process in her favor, but let's not forget that Bernie also cheated by having his supporters show up and vote. Now let's move on."

She pulled three and a half million votes out of a hat? Gosh, that's talent. Shame she's not president.

She didn't win 3M or 3.5M. That is FAKE NEWS like Trump provides. People have to stop such blatant falsehood.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2017, 10:54:29 PM »

"Yes Hillary may have rigged the entire primary process in her favor, but let's not forget that Bernie also cheated by having his supporters show up and vote. Now let's move on."

She pulled three and a half million votes out of a hat? Gosh, that's talent. Shame she's not president.

She didn't win 3M or 3.5M. That is FAKE NEWS like Trump provides. People have to stop such blatant falsehood.

Odd how tenuous your English is, isn't it?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2017, 11:13:55 PM »

We need to seriously consider prosecuting the state party chairs and top DNC members.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »

There is an irony in how Bernie downplays/moved on from 2016 but his base can't
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2017, 11:34:58 PM »

You people are so hot for an 80 year old man who doesn't really give a damn about anything other than his pocketbook, but that's another story. I never mentioned the word cheating, I was referring to institutional bias and working connections.

• "Doesn't care about anything but his pocketbook"
  • Is the forum's #1 Clinton hack

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2017, 11:38:25 PM »

lol are you actually about to start accusing people of being Russian bots?

Could you BE any more of a Clinton hack stereotype?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2017, 11:41:59 PM »

Warren just blew any chance she had in 2020. How sad.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2017, 11:44:09 PM »

Warren just blew any chance she had in 2020.
By admitting what happened? I highly doubt it. Maybe you should read Ms. Braziles piece again.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2017, 11:45:35 PM »

You people are so hot for an 80 year old man who doesn't really give a damn about anything other than his pocketbook, but that's another story. I never mentioned the word cheating, I was referring to institutional bias and working connections.

• "Doesn't care about anything but his pocketbook"
  • Is the forum's #1 Clinton hack

I like Hillary Clinton, but I don't think she should run in 2020 and I certainly don't think that she is this superhuman God capable of fixing every problem by just wagging a finger and shouting.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2017, 11:46:34 PM »

Warren seems to have vastly underestimated how much of her national appeal came from rank-and-file Democrats, particularly women who happened to support Clinton in 2016.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2017, 11:49:52 PM »

Warren seems to have vastly underestimated how much of her national appeal came from rank-and-file Democrats, particularly women who happened to support Clinton in 2016.

IMO Warren is trying to saddle the line between the two factions and not especially pleasing anyone while doing it.

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2017, 12:21:34 AM »

17 mIllion to 13 million. That wasn't super delegates or DC,  that was what the the voters chose. Why don't you focus on winning in 2020 rather than complaining your loss in 2016 was unfair?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016

fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2017, 01:07:03 AM »

The response by most Democrats in this thread is sad.
it really is, the amount of excuses and plugging their heads in the sand in this thread is utterly pathetic; just like hillary ultimately.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2017, 03:12:15 AM »

The people saying "Why is everyone mad at Hillary for saving the DNC from going bankrupt?" are exposing that they didn't actually read the article: This scheme siphoned money from downballot candidates so Hillary could spend 2 years wasting it appealing to neocons and paying empty beltway suits like Robby Mook and John Podesta.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2017, 05:15:03 AM »

17 mIllion to 13 million. That wasn't super delegates or DC,  that was what the the voters chose. Why don't you focus on winning in 2020 rather than complaining your loss in 2016 was unfair?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_presidential_primaries,_2016

Again that is Fake news. Deliberate Falsehoods being propagated with a freaking Wikipedia link? So called liberals/progressives have to be more intelligent than to propagate deliberate lies when the DNC doesn't record Popular Votes & doesn't have vote numbers for multiple states. The actual number is likely much lesser than 3 or 4 million.

People will focus on 2020 after Bernie announces his candidacy. But one can't have a future without learning from the past.

I missed a by* - She didn't win by*.

It happens when I am replying to dumb low IQ people. I try to type fast & save my time while replying to hacks & dense folks. Stupid people do need to be called out for what they are though.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2017, 06:07:20 AM »

The Democrats would be in better shape right now if they had been honest about the fact that they were going to ram through Hillary's nomination, and that was that.  Folks might have understood that somewhat.  People understand the logic of "We're doing this, and no one here wants to be responsible for blowing this!".  Instead, the whole thing was done with Hillary Clinton phoniness. 

The Clintons actually BOUGHT the Democratic Party apparatus, in a real sense.  That's crappy at a number of levels, but the slimy part was that it was secretive, in an attempt to make Hillary look like a candidate with real popular appeal.  Given the REAL relationship between the Clintons and the Democratic Party post 2012, is it unreasonable to wonder if those early polls that made Hillary such a prohibitive favorite with sky-high approval ratings weren't bogus?  At one time, I thought Hillary was the most prohibitive favorite in the history of Presidential politics, based on poll numbers, but when you look at the REAL relationship between the Clintons and the Democratic Party, you have to wonder.  How tough is it, really, when you "own" your political party to whip up bogus polls?

I can't believe Donald Trump hasn't known this all along, either.  I suspect the only folks in the dark (outside of the general public) were (A) Bernie and (B) the other GOP contenders. 
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2017, 07:48:33 AM »

Again that is Fake news. Deliberate Falsehoods being propagated with a freaking Wikipedia link? So called liberals/progressives have to be more intelligent than to propagate deliberate lies when the DNC doesn't record Popular Votes & doesn't have vote numbers for multiple states.

Well the pledged delegates are a proxy for the popular vote, and she won that handily. So I don't think it's unreasonable to assume she won the popular vote handily as well, in the absence of evidence to the contrary.

The actual number is likely much lesser than 3 or 4 million.

How do you figure?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »

@realDonaldTrump
Everybody is asking why the Justice Department (and FBI) isn't looking into all of the dishonesty going on with Crooked Hillary & the Dems..

@realDonaldTrump
 ...New Donna B book says she paid for and stole the Dem Primary. What about the deleted E-mails, Uranium, Podesta, the Server, plus, plus...

@realDonaldTrump
 ....People are angry.  At some point the Justice Department, and the FBI, must do what is right and proper. The American public deserves it!

@realDonaldTrump
The real story on Collusion is in Donna B's new book. Crooked Hillary bought the DNC & then stole the Democratic Primary from Crazy Bernie!

@realDonaldTrump
Pocahontas just stated that the Democrats, lead by the legendary Crooked Hillary Clinton, rigged the Primaries! Lets go FBI & Justice Dept.

Trump has nothing to do but take shots at "Crooked Hillary" -  Crazy twitter President !
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »

Donna could have atleast waited till the 8th, ya know...

Democrats dont need bad press right before a competitive and important governors race.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »

Democrats dont need bad press right before a competitive and important governors race.
Yeah I'm sure this is going to kill Northam's chances /s
BudgieForce
superbudgie1582
YaBB God

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »

Yeah I'm sure this is going to kill Northam's chances /s

I wouldn't go that far, but bad press is bad press. If Northam does loose(and thats a big if) by a small amount, you'll definitely see this thread lit up with speculation about Brazile's timing.
kyc0705

« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »

Anyone who doesn't see that the DNC was trying to help Clinton is insane and/or willfully ignorant (this thread seems to be populated with many people of both varieties). That being said, the timing of this admission is unhelpful, as coming so late after the election, it only serves to re-ignite an old debate.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2017, 10:19:19 AM »

The Democrats would be in better shape right now if they had been honest about the fact that they were going to ram through Hillary's nomination, and that was that.  Folks might have understood that somewhat.  People understand the logic of "We're doing this, and no one here wants to be responsible for blowing this!".  Instead, the whole thing was done with Hillary Clinton phoniness. 

The Clintons actually BOUGHT the Democratic Party apparatus, in a real sense.  That's crappy at a number of levels, but the slimy part was that it was secretive, in an attempt to make Hillary look like a candidate with real popular appeal.  Given the REAL relationship between the Clintons and the Democratic Party post 2012, is it unreasonable to wonder if those early polls that made Hillary such a prohibitive favorite with sky-high approval ratings weren't bogus?  At one time, I thought Hillary was the most prohibitive favorite in the history of Presidential politics, based on poll numbers, but when you look at the REAL relationship between the Clintons and the Democratic Party, you have to wonder.  How tough is it, really, when you "own" your political party to whip up bogus polls?

I can't believe Donald Trump hasn't known this all along, either.  I suspect the only folks in the dark (outside of the general public) were (A) Bernie and (B) the other GOP contenders. 

Bernie was apparently told all this by Brazille before the primary was over, according to her story. And he STILL endorsed Clinton, campaigned for her constantly, and apparently never once felt the urge to leak this story himself.

But according to the Clintonites he's still an awful, scheming, ((selfish)), crazy person who did everything in his power to ruin Hillary's chances. 
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2017, 10:24:05 AM »

I do agree how anyone can rip on Bernie or blame him for Hil lossing has their head up their butt
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2017, 10:25:48 AM »

How is "Undemocratic" to ask people to engage & talk over an election?
Hillary supporters have jobs. They didn't have 12 hours out of the day to sit around defending their vote and being shouted down by Bernie supporters.

That’s exactly what Republicans love to say. Nice.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies