Most likely Republican nominee in 2024 (November 2017)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:15:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Most likely Republican nominee in 2024 (November 2017)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who do you think is the most likely Republican nominee in 2024?
Mike Pence

Marco Rubio

Ted Cruz

Scott Walker

Tom Cotton

Ben Sasse

Nikki Haley

Paul Ryan

Someone else currently in Congress/statewide elected position

Someone else

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 122

Author Topic: Most likely Republican nominee in 2024 (November 2017)  (Read 16824 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 06:33:29 PM »

I would guess it to be... maybe Carlos Curbelo, if he’s elected Governor/Senator in 2022, assuming Rubio runs for the other office.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 12:52:40 AM »

As far as "rising stars" that might be major players in 2024, one really sticks out in my mind:  Missouri Governor Eric Greitans.  If he's reelected in 2020, then 2024 will coincidence with the end of his second-term as governor - perfect timing for a Presidential run.  He'll be relatively young (only 50 in 2024), he's unabashedly conservative, Jewish, a former Navy SEAL and Rhodes Scholar, and (based on what I've seen so far) might be the perfect Republican to bridge the South/Midwest and Trump/religious right divides.  He's all the advantages of Pence x10, plus youth, without the Trump baggage.

The only way this guy isn't a GOP nominee one day is through some sort of major self-inflicted wound.   

Or a crappy term as Governor, but yes I agree with this.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2018, 11:31:22 AM »

LOL.  It was a perfectly reasonable guess, but it's still hilarious that it was Reaganfan's one-word post.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 11:53:55 AM »

Trump is gonna lose in 2020, I say its gonna be Rubio and Cruz primary
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 06:33:15 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2018, 06:13:26 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

Cotton, Haley, or Pence. Trump, fueled by ego, possibly could also attempt to pull a Grover Cleveland if he loses in 2020.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 02:04:05 AM »

I doubt it'll be Pence. Expecting Pence to run would be like expecting Dick Cheney to run. It'll be Cotton or Haley.
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 07:39:11 AM »

I think Pence and Haley are strong choices, but anything could happen.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2018, 05:29:16 PM »

Pence isnt a good orator, he doesnt do alot of public appearences. It will be Rubio or Cruz, a Latino
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2018, 10:01:58 AM »

Haley is the strongest and most likely bet.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »

Cruz is the perfect candidate if GOP know they’ll lose. Pence is about as smart of an idea as Mondale in 1984.
Medal506
United States

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2018, 01:48:09 PM »

It's really impossible to guess at this point ... I'm going to guess a 2020 re-election loss for President Trump leads to a Haley nomination, but who knows?

Nikki Haley was apart of the Trump administration though. I doubt anyone attached to Trump would get the nomination if Trump lost his re election.
redeagleofficial

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2019, 12:32:34 PM »

As far as "rising stars" that might be major players in 2024, one really sticks out in my mind:  Missouri Governor Eric Greitans.  If he's reelected in 2020, then 2024 will coincidence with the end of his second-term as governor - perfect timing for a Presidential run.  He'll be relatively young (only 50 in 2024), he's unabashedly conservative, Jewish, a former Navy SEAL and Rhodes Scholar, and (based on what I've seen so far) might be the perfect Republican to bridge the South/Midwest and Trump/religious right divides.  He's all the advantages of Pence x10, plus youth, without the Trump baggage.

The only way this guy isn't a GOP nominee one day is through some sort of major self-inflicted wound.

if he only knew
Roll Roons
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2019, 02:48:02 PM »

As far as "rising stars" that might be major players in 2024, one really sticks out in my mind:  Missouri Governor Eric Greitans.  If he's reelected in 2020, then 2024 will coincidence with the end of his second-term as governor - perfect timing for a Presidential run.  He'll be relatively young (only 50 in 2024), he's unabashedly conservative, Jewish, a former Navy SEAL and Rhodes Scholar, and (based on what I've seen so far) might be the perfect Republican to bridge the South/Midwest and Trump/religious right divides.  He's all the advantages of Pence x10, plus youth, without the Trump baggage.

if he only knew

https://www.stlmag.com/news/can-eric-greitens-become-missouri-s-next-governor/. From this article (published before he even won the primary):

If the man has an Achilles’ heel, it’s perfection.

Now he’s running for governor, and Missouri has to decide whether he’s A. Superman, B. too good to be true and hiding some dark flaw no one can find, or C. a strategist whose entire life has been planned as a ramp to the U.S. presidency.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2019, 05:43:40 PM »

Haley or DeSantis
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2019, 01:26:48 AM »

Wow. How things have changed since then:

- Ron DeSantis was a long-shot gubernatorial candidate. We were all expecting Putnam vs. Graham.
- Dan Crenshaw was a nobody. Did Poe even announce his retirement before this thread was made?
- Josh Hawley was looking like a sacrificial lamb for McCaskill.
- Rick Scott was looking to be another has-been a la Christie/Snyder/Walker/LePage.
- Paul Ryan was nowhere near retirement.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2019, 11:00:30 AM »

- Ron DeSantis was a long-shot gubernatorial candidate. We were all expecting Putnam vs. Graham.
- Dan Crenshaw was a nobody. Did Poe even announce his retirement before this thread was made?
- Rick Scott was looking to be another has-been a la Christie/Snyder/Walker/LePage.

I'm still expecting Pence to get it but unless the economy starts to pick up again, its probably not going to be the case.
redeagleofficial

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2019, 12:59:43 PM »

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL)/Sen. John James (R-MI) will be a formidable 2024 ticket.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2019, 03:29:57 PM »

Hawley as a sacrifice lamb was wishful thinking
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2019, 10:51:14 PM »

I don't think many people ever thought that Hawley was just a sacrificial lamb; Missouri was widely regarded as a vulnerable seat that Republicans had a strong chance of winning. It's true that lot of people on Atlas thought that Democrats would net seats in 2018, but iirc very few people rated MO/IN/ND as Likely D or Safe D.

But it would have been a little silly to talk about Hawley as a presidential candidate before the first major election of his career even happened.
coolface1572
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2019, 10:55:36 PM »

I don't think many people ever thought that Hawley was just a sacrificial lamb; Missouri was widely regarded as a vulnerable seat that Republicans had a strong chance of winning. It's true that lot of people on Atlas thought that Democrats would net seats in 2018, but iirc very few people rated MO/IN/ND as Likely D or Safe D.

But it would have been a little silly to talk about Hawley as a presidential candidate before the first major election of his career even happened.

Mccaskill was always beatable. She likely would have lost to Akin in 2012 if not for the legitimate rape comment.
TarHeelDem
United States

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2019, 02:43:43 AM »

1. Ron DeSantis
2. Donald Trump, Jr.
3. Mike Pence
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies