Will the VA landslide set off a panic and a stampede of GOP retirements? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:58:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will the VA landslide set off a panic and a stampede of GOP retirements? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will the VA landslide set off a panic and a stampede of GOP retirements?  (Read 3287 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 07, 2017, 11:24:53 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2017, 11:27:44 PM by People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee »

I think what this has illustrated is that you have a level of frustration, but you also have a level of laziness on the part of members of Congress.

We have all these house members who pass these extreme bills fed to them by these think tanks. They never call a single Democratic Senator, they pass them and send them over to the Senate for either nothing to happen or for them to only get 46 or 48 votes.

Where is the bipartisan working group ready to push legislation on opiates and drug addition, on cyber security and so forth. These are issues that Trump pledged to address and yes he has not been engaged enough on them at all, but I think a lot of this on members of Congress as well. Especially these ones in the House.

A common sense person would pick up the phone and start getting stuff done, but simple fact of the matter is that it goes back to what I said before. Stupid, lazy, unimaginative, self-absorbed. So yes I do expect a wave of retirements.

There aren't many people who are "representatives" in the sense that they go up there and write legislation. There are a lot of people up there who basically are there to spew talking points, and vote for the agenda that Grover Norquist or whoever shoves under their noses.

They went all in on the two big partisan efforts on healthcare and taxes and basically did nothing except make demands and so forth. We have all these committees meant to tackle different issues. There is no excuse for them not to have bills in the pipeline on these less heated but critical issues. So you can go to rural VA and say we did this on opiates. You can go to the suburbs and say I did this on cyber security.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies