Will Gillespie run for make up seat in VA-10?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:11:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Gillespie run for make up seat in VA-10?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Gillespie run for make up seat in VA-10?  (Read 1392 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2017, 11:04:33 PM »

not sure he could even win this as he lost it by 13. But who knows. Thoughts?
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 11:12:54 PM »

He should run for Senate just so Corey Stewart doesn't get the nomination and sinks Congressmen Brat and Taylor.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 11:16:18 PM »

He should run for Senate just so Corey Stewart doesn't get the nomination and sinks Congressmen Brat and Taylor.
why bother?
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 11:18:16 PM »

Considering how close Stewart came this year, I'm not even sure Gillespie would make it out of another primary against him.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 11:20:03 PM »

After his loss tonight, no one is going to nominate him for anything ever again.  
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 11:21:08 PM »

He wants to suffer another embarrassing loss? Ed should just retire from politics, It's clear that the majority of Virginians don't want him to represent them in anyway.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 11:38:51 PM »

If you have to trot out a retired lobbyist for every single statewide election just so the candidate isn't a neo-confederate crazy, your party has far deeper problems than you are willing to admit.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 12:56:26 AM »

If you have to trot out a retired lobbyist for every single statewide election just so the candidate isn't a neo-confederate crazy, your party has far deeper problems than you are willing to admit.
Barbara Comstock can do it instead.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 11:01:53 PM »

Barbara Comstock can do it instead.

Might as well go out with a bang. Honestly, she is by far your best candidate at this point, if you are lucky, maybe she can even hold the race within 5 points. Though in a Kaine vs Comstock matchup, I'd guess it to be around 52-46 for Kaine. In the most likely scenario, a Kaine vs Stewart matchup, I'd guess it to be around 56-40.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 12:02:16 AM »

I think Tom Davis or Bill Bolling could do as good a job against Kaine/Stewart without risking Comstock’s House seat.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 12:09:08 AM »

I think Tom Davis or Bill Bolling could do as good a job against Kaine/Stewart without risking Comstock’s House seat.

Bolling didn't even think he could beat Cuccinelli. Gillespie had a lot more establishment backing than Bolling and barely managed to defeat Stewart.

Davis is old news beyond old news. Might as well trot George Allen out again.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 12:32:50 AM »

Bolling didn't even think he could beat Cuccinelli. Gillespie had a lot more establishment backing than Bolling and barely managed to defeat Stewart.

If they want a minority Republican, Danny Vargas or E. W. Jackson would work. I don’t really understand your objection to Davis, though. Dan Coats was an “oldie” out of office for a while, and he won a Senate seat.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 12:39:23 AM »

If they want a minority Republican, Danny Vargas or E. W. Jackson would work. I don’t really understand your objection to Davis, though. Dan Coats was an “oldie” out of office for a while, and he won a Senate seat.
E.W. Jackson? Didn't he do really poorly because he was viewed as too extreme? Ron Villanueva (recently defeated in his HoD race) is another minority Republican in VA that comes to mind.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2017, 09:43:08 AM »

What is this nonsense about suggesting Comstock has any chance in hell at reelection. Get it through your head now: Comstock's is goin' down, and is probably the frontrunner for "Congressperson most likely to lose by the largest margin".

Any effort Republicans expend trying to save her seat is wasted effort that could have gone into salvaging Taylor's CD-02 seat.

The only person in her district who would almost certainly force her out would probably be Chap Petersen, and he doesn’t seem interested.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 11:27:20 AM »

The answer is no. Also, Comstock wouldn't win a U.S. Senate race even as a true moderate. She is not one, btw, and is a country club Republican former lobbyist just like Ed. I've met her a few times years ago but each time she came across as tired and not that warm. She is the ultimate generic GOP but boring candidate. The GOP probably will get her to run as the " moderating woman candidate" if she retires or doesn't lose so she can run down the line.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2017, 03:50:09 PM »

The answer is no. Also, Comstock wouldn't win a U.S. Senate race even as a true moderate. She is not one, btw, and is a country club Republican former lobbyist just like Ed. I've met her a few times years ago but each time she came across as tired and not that warm. She is the ultimate generic GOP but boring candidate. The GOP probably will get her to run as the " moderating woman candidate" if she retires or doesn't lose so she can run down the line.

Dumber and more corrupt and DC insider version of Jill Vogel.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies