Freeform election game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:51:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Freeform election game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Freeform election game  (Read 8013 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2017, 12:42:01 AM »

I think it'd be fun for me to have a tiny, minor role. I don't want to run for President, merely exist and engage with this world.

Priti Sharma (D-ID)

Birthday: September 30th, 1993 (age 29)

Ideology: Libertarian Democrat

Family:
Dating Owen Anderson (age 30)

Offices held:
Ada County Sheriff (2013-2019)
United States Representative for Idaho's 1st Congressional District (2019-)

Defying all odds, Priti Sharma, a Democrat and the daughter of immigrants in Idaho, of all places, managed to win some extremely difficult races. Elected to be the sheriff of Ada County, the most populous county in Idaho and home of Boise, at the ripe old age of 19, while still attending Boise State University, Priti quickly captured the attention of national Democratic leaders. When an opportunity arose in 2018 with the retirement of Rep Raul Labrador to run for Governor, Sharma was encouraged to run for the House. Despite the district having a lean of R+21, Sharma managed to eek out a win thanks to the endorsement of the Libertarian Party, and defeated the former Lieutenant Governor of Idaho, David H. Leroy, thanks to an energetic campaign and capitalizing on her youth, with Leroy being three times as old as Sharma. Sharma won with 49.8% of the vote, compared to Leroy's 49.2%.

Despite being deemed "the most vulnerable Democrat in the House," Sharma turned out to be a master of retail politics, as well as being unafraid to vote against her party on many issues. Sharma won reelection by consecutively larger margins in 2020 and 2022.

She began dating the son of Utah Senator Henry Anderson, Owen, in the summer of 2021.

(Hope this is okay, GoTfan!)

Well it's not too outrageous

You must be logged in to read this quote.

223 Democrats-210 Republicans-1 Conservative (Smith)1 Progressive (Gabbard)

Speaker: Tim Ryan
Majority Leader: Raul Grijalva
Majority Whip: Joe Kennedy III

Minority Leader: Steve Scalise
Minority Whip: Cathy McMorris Rodgers

SamTilden2020

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2017, 02:36:41 AM »

Out of curiosity, who chairs the RGA?
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 05:34:02 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2017, 06:18:16 AM by Representative Cactus »

I think it'd be fun for me to have a tiny, minor role. I don't want to run for President, merely exist and engage with this world.

Priti Sharma (D-ID)

Birthday: September 30th, 1993 (age 29)

Ideology: Libertarian Democrat

Family:
Dating Owen Anderson (age 30)

Offices held:
Ada County Sheriff (2013-2019)
United States Representative for Idaho's 1st Congressional District (2019-)

Defying all odds, Priti Sharma, a Democrat and the daughter of immigrants in Idaho, of all places, managed to win some extremely difficult races.

As a teenager, Priti won the olympic gold medal for Women's skeet, rifle three positions, and trap shooting at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, obviously representing USA. She repeated her hat trick feat in 2012 in London, earning a total of six gold medals.

Elected to be the sheriff of Ada County, the most populous county in Idaho and home of Boise, at the ripe old age of 19, while still attending Boise State University, Priti quickly captured the attention of national Democratic leaders. When an opportunity arose in 2018 with the retirement of Rep Raul Labrador to run for Governor, Sharma was encouraged to run for the House. Despite the district having a lean of R+21, Sharma managed to eek out a win thanks to the endorsement of the Libertarian Party, and defeated the former Lieutenant Governor of Idaho, David H. Leroy, thanks to an energetic campaign and capitalizing on her youth, with Leroy being three times as old as Sharma. Sharma won with 49.8% of the vote, compared to Leroy's 49.2%.

Despite being deemed "the most vulnerable Democrat in the House," Sharma turned out to be a master of retail politics, as well as being unafraid to vote against her party on many issues. Sharma won reelection by consecutively larger margins in 2020 and 2022.

She began dating the son of Utah Senator Henry Anderson, Owen, in the summer of 2021.

(Hope this is okay, GoTfan!)

Welcome to the family. Smiley On that note...
-----

Quote from: Restricted
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 12:14:06 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2017, 12:30:33 PM by Jaguar4life »

Palmer introduces Gold Standard Bill in the Senate
FOXNEWS.com
January 15th 2023

Senator Carson Palmer of Arizona officially introduced the bill that will bring back a newer verison of the Gold Standard

Palmer a self described "Progessive Libertarian" pointed out that the economy has not been the same since the Gold Window was folded back in 1971 and that bringing the Gold Standard in would be good competition for Dollar and Cooper.

Palmer pointed that gold could come in handy well in a time of ecomonic recession and in a inflation crisis.

Palmer also pointed out President Kennedy's Executive Order back in June of 1963 that would of brought new life into the Gold Standard

Palmer sure has shown his progessive side a lot  in his time as Senator but this is one the few times he has shown his Libertarian side beside voting against expanding the powers of the NSA and voting against weapon bans in the past and a couple other ones

We will see how this one goes.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 03:32:55 PM »

Current chair is Jim Justice.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 06:23:48 PM »

January 17th 2023
KSAZ.com
Senator Palmer to decide on Presidental run on February 1st

Fellow Arizona senator of the Progessive Party Carson Palmer has announced that he will decide on February 1st if he will run for president in 2024.

The senator is widely popular among young voters with his Libertarian Progessive views and his bipartisan.

Palmer is also a possible induction for the 2024 Pro Football Hall of Fame.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 08:18:56 PM »

11:30 AM
On a Friday
Specifically, January 13, 2023
Washington, DC

During a press conference today, Senator Emily Peebleton (D-NC) announced that she had formed an exploratory committee for a potential bid to succeed Elizabeth Warren for the Presidency in 2024.

Peebleton, 41, has reportedly been selected by President Warren to serve as Senate floor manager for the Glass-Steagall Act, and has been a common target for recruitment by the Progressive Party. However, today, Peebleton announced that she would not be joining the Progressive Party, instead opting to try pushing her own party leftward, stating that a divided left going into next year's election could spell a Republican landslide. At the press conference, Peebleton also discussed legislative affairs, namely the reintroductions of Glass-Steagall and the Gold Standard.

Since the press release, it has been speculated that Peebleton will announce her decision regarding a presidential run by March 31. This has yet to be confirmed and a specific date for the announcement has yet to be set.

Transcript of today's press release:

"Good morning! Before we get started, I would like to announce that I will not be joining the Progressive Party. It's nice to be wanted, but I'm a Democrat, and I still have faith in my party. Besides, with the Presidential election coming up next year, a left-wing split could lead to a Republican landslide, and I'm sure none of us want that." [laughter from audience]

"On another note, I've heard rumors suggesting that I've formed an exploratory committee for the election I just mentioned. I'm proud to announce that these rumors are true. I am indeed weighing a bid for the Presidency. But enough about me, let's talk about what's going on on the Senate floor. First and foremost, the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act. I'm glad the bill has passed the scrutiny of the House, and I'll be proud to cast my vote in favor of it later this month.

Also of interest, the reinstatement of the gold standard. Although I respect Senators Palmer and Paul, I have to admit, I find the gold standard to be contradictory to the effects the reinstatement of Glass-Steagall would have, and, as such, plan to vote against its reintroduction when it reaches the Senate floor. That's all for today, everybody. You've been great!"

(It's not as good as Cactus's thing, but I tried)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 11:22:32 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2017, 08:59:50 PM by Al Franken/Chris Murphy 2020 »

Making it in just under the deadline Smiley

Andrew Lyndon "Andy" Greenfield (D-ME)

Birthday: December 1, 1990 (age 33)

Ideology: Social Democrat

Family: Alexandra "Alex" Rowland (age 27, married 10/15/2022)
Daughter: Roosevelt Marie Rowland-Greenfield (age 7, born February 19, 2017)
Son: Kennedy Milton Rowland-Greenfield (age 5, born September 2, 2018)
Daughter: Macy Teresa Rowland-Greenfield (age 5, born September 2, 2018)

Offices held:
Member of the Maine House of Representatives (36th district): 2010-2016
Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives: 2014-2016
Member of the Maine Senate (28th district): 2016-2020
Senior United States Senator from Maine: 2020-
Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee: 2022-

A lifelong activist, Andy Greenfield has been in elected office since he was 19. A left-wing Democrat, he became Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives in 2014 (the youngest House Speaker in Maine history), a position he voluntarily relinquished to run for the Maine Senate in 2016. Elected without Republican opposition, he would raise a national profile by championing an open primary law, a single-payer healthcare bill, and an automatic voter registration bill.

He ran for the United States Senate in the 2020 special election, held after the death of Angus King. Simultaneously serving as campaign chairman of Warren for Maine, Greenfield engaged in a vigorous campaign against Republican Eric Brakey, endorsed by the popular congressman Rick Cole (who was running for Maine's other senate seat in the regular election.) Upon victory, he became the first Democratic Senator from Maine since George Mitchell's retirement in 1997.

His campaigns are notable due to his abject refusal to accept PAC money or large donations, relying only on small donations to fund his campaigns.

In 2018 he received his doctorate in Foreign Relations from Bates College. He currently serves as Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations committee. He and his wife have published several books on history, while Greenfield himself is an accomplished novelist with a New York Times bestseller.

Considered the "liberal lion" of the Senate and a steadfast ally of President Warren, Greenfield is considered a future Presidential contender and his endorsement is highly coveted by the candidates, not the least because of his network of small donors.

He met his future wife, Alexandra "Alex" Rowland, at college and they had three children, including a set of twins, before they were married. They reside in a loft in Portland, Maine, near the University of Southern Maine where Alex Rowland teaches history. Their three children attend public school.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 01:14:02 PM »

(Are we allow to create stories?)
SamTilden2020

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »

Jan 14 2023 Press Conference, Santa Fe

Reporter (KOB 4): "In your alternative to President Warren's bill, you suggested a more moderate replacement for the bill, referencing the bill in the state Legislature. What are your thoughts on its passing in the senate?"

Gov. Gomez: "I'm happy to see this bill being passed. While president Warren's ideas may be on point, the bill in congress does many reckless things to this country. This bill accomplishes those ideas, while being far less reckless with the economy."

Reporter (KASA): "Eres tu considerando entrando en el elección por el presidencia?" (are you considering entering the presidential election)?

Gov. Gomez: "Si. Yo considerando entrando el elección por la presidencia, Y yo tengo formando un comité exploratorio por el elección."

Reporter (KOAT): "For the few in New Mexico who don't understand Spanish, what did you say about the election?"

Gov Gomez: "As I said, I have formed an exploratory committee for the election, as I am considering a run for the presidency?"

Reporter (KASA): "Si entra, que sera tu estrategia?" (If you enter, what will be your strategy)?

Gov. Gomez: "No Lo Digo!" (I won't say)!
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 07:20:54 PM »

Also, if MAINEiac is angling a bid for '24, being born in '90 was a mistake.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 08:51:52 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2017, 08:54:15 PM by Al Franken/Chris Murphy 2020 »

Offices held:
Junior United States Senator from Maine: 2020-

A lifelong activist, Andy Greenfield has been in elected office since he was 19. A left-wing Democrat, he became Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives in 2014 (the youngest House Speaker in Maine history), a position he voluntarily relinquished to run for the Maine Senate in 2016. Elected without Republican opposition, he would raise a national profile by championing an open primary law, a single-payer healthcare bill, and an automatic voter registration bill.

He ran against Susan Collins for the United States Senate in 2020, while simultaneously serving as campaign chairman of Warren for Maine. Considered a longshot, he pulled off a stunning upset, defeating Collins by less than 2,000 votes as part of a huge, nationwide Democratic landslide.

His campaigns are notable due to his abject refusal to accept PAC money or large donations, relying only on small donations to fund his campaigns.

In 2018 he received his doctorate in Foreign Relations from Bates College. He currently serves as Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations committee. He and his wife have published several books on history, while Greenfield himself is an accomplished novelist with a New York Times bestseller.

Considered the "liberal lion" of the Senate and a steadfast ally of President Warren, Greenfield is considered a future Presidential contender and his endorsement is highly coveted by the candidates, not the least because of his network of small donors.

He met his future wife, Alexandra "Alex" Rowland, at college and they had three children, including a set of twins, before they were married. They reside in a loft in Portland, Maine, near the University of Southern Maine where Alex Rowland teaches history. Their three children attend public school.

I'm already the class 2 senator from Maine...
Hmm. Angus died in March 2020, and I won the special election held the same day as the regular election you won Cheesy.

Also, if MAINEiac is angling a bid for '24, being born in '90 was a mistake.
I am not angling for a presidential bid.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 09:23:31 PM »

Hence why I said "if".
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »

Name: Alexander Madison
Born: April 10, 1987(Age: 37)
Party: Independent

Biography:
With a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from Duke University, where he excelled, especially in macroeconomics and political economy, Madison is a major leader in African-American communities. Elected in 2019 as President of the NAACP, Madison worked with community organizers to begin laying the foundation of raising black communities out of poverty. With business-backed efforts, Madison and a handful of top advisors worked with the National Black Chamber of Commerce to support black-owned small businesses. Madison’s top allies include Donzaleigh Abernathy, Bernice King, Niger Innis, John Monds, and Dexter King. With them and many, many others working together, unemployment in the black community over the next decade is projected to drop by at least 3.5%. Once Madison felt that he had adequately prepared two of his top allies, Jonathan Jackson and John Monds, Madison retired in January of 2022, despite many begging him to stay on. Madison founded The People’s Papers, an online newspaper now with over 950,000 annual subscribers at just sixty-five cents a month or $6.50 for an annual subscription, and three articles a month free. Madison has begun to hire many big names, having hired Charles Barkley for sports, Condoleezza Rice for international relations, Matthew Pottinger on military issues, and Walter Isaacson on leadership and education. The older members help balance out his own youth, and so far it seems to work. Madison is one of the biggest journalists in the country, if not the world.

Not running for President, to be clear.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 10:11:12 PM »

Offices held:
Junior United States Senator from Maine: 2020-

He ran against Susan Collins for the United States Senate in 2020, while simultaneously serving as campaign chairman of Warren for Maine. Considered a longshot, he pulled off a stunning upset, defeating Collins by less than 2,000 votes as part of a huge, nationwide Democratic landslide.

I'm already the class 2 senator from Maine...
Hmm. Angus died in March 2020, and I won the special election held the same day as the regular election you won Cheesy.

This is acceptable.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2017, 10:46:16 PM »
« Edited: November 16, 2017, 10:07:59 AM by GoTfan »

January 15-28

Senator Palmer's bill to reintroduce the Gold Standard to America has been met with widespread dismissal and even ridicule from many corners of American politics, drawing the ire of the left wing in general and Senator Bernie Sanders (D-VT) in particular.

Sanders, said to be in his last term of office, called the bill "A complete failure on his (Palmer's) behalf. One cannot claim to be progressive and yet introduce an obsolete financial system to the country. This is not progressive, this is a right-wing idea."

President Warren has also flatly stated that she would veto any such bill that made it to her desk, and Vice President Sherrod Brown has said such a bill would completely derail the administration's attempts to reinstate Glass-Steagall this month.

In other news, several people, such as Senators Palmer, Richard Cole, Emily Peebleton and New Mexico Governor Daniel Gomez are all considering Presidential runs. With the President and Vice President not running, we face a wide open election. Conservative Congressman John Smith is reported to be considering running as hjs party's candidate, while speculation also surrounds Senate Majority Leader Mark Warner and Speaker Tim Ryan for the Democrats, as well as Congressman and former Speaker Paul Ryan and Senator Rand Paul.

Meanwhile, United Kingdom Prime Minister Andy Burnham and Australian Prime Minister Bill Shorten have announced their intention to visit Washington DC in February to discuss a potential trade agreement between the three nations.

-National Public Radio

Notes:

This is the last turn before the vote on Glass-Steagall. Use this time if you are in the Senate to gather votes for either side you support.

A general not as well. When you intend to introduce legislation, please PM with the specifics of the bill. 3-4 bullet points for key sections will do.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2017, 01:15:54 AM »

Greenfield: Glass-Steagall "Will Pass"
Senator Andy Greenfield (D-ME) has declared that President Elizabeth Warren's landmark Glass-Steagall reintroduction "will pass" on his weekly podcast.

"The Democratic Party is too loyal to the President to not vote unanimously in favor. I'm working on Senator [Richard] Cole, too, and we all know he likes to go against Senator Thune."

Greenfield also commented on his fellow Maine Senator Richard Cole's potential presidential run.

"I love Rick. We don't agree on an awful lot, but he's a good guy. If he runs, and I think he will, he'd be the strongest candidate on that side. I'll back the Democratic nominee, though." Greenfield later joked that he "hoped Cole wins the presidency" because "it would give us another Democratic Senator from Maine" before reiterating his support for the Democratic Party.

Greenfield also commented on the Gold Standard bill introduced by Senator Carson Palmer (P-AZ).

"It is total nonsense...I mean, Carson's one of my best friends in the Senate. But by no means was this well thought-out," before going on to say that the bill was "destined to fail" and that Palmer's efforts would be better served working on the Glass-Steagall bill.

When asked on Twitter who he was supporting in the Democratic primaries, Greenfield tweeted: "Don't know yet. The one who best embraces President Warren's accomplishments. Respect and admire all potential Democratic candidates, and all will get a fair look from me."
SamTilden2020

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2017, 07:23:27 AM »

January 17: Gomez to meet with Gov. Justice, Gov. Greitens for Gubernatorial summit on the negatives of the Gold Standard (and bill)

Jan 20: To make speeches in CO and AZ on the President's policy problems "tres años adelante"

Jan 25: To make State of the State address (Santa Fe)
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2017, 08:10:57 AM »

Palmer to work with democrats to with Democrats on getting Glass Stegall to pass
MSNBC.com

Senator Carson Palmer is set to work in a bipartisan manner to help the leaders of the Democratic Party to get Glass Stegall passed.

In comments regarding this he stated that.

"I may have my differences with President Warren but I don't want her to end up like the failure that was President Trump"
SamTilden2020

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 03:58:31 PM »

Jan 17th (Anti-gold Governor's summit)

Jan 20 (events)

Jan 25 (SOTS)

(My guess is Warren's SOTU is near?)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2017, 04:07:30 PM »

Yup. I shall be posting one soon.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2017, 04:47:37 PM »

Progessive Party to go on nationwide tour
FOXNews.com

The newly formed Progessive Party is on a town hall nationwide tour with its founding members such as Senator Carson Palmer and congressmen and women Cori Bush,Tulsi Gabbard,Keith Ellison,Chardo Richardson and Ro Khanna to promote the issues and policies of the company like. 20 dollar mimmium wage,Wall Street reform, Milltary spending reform, Healthcare for all, Universal education and clean energy around this spring.

They also plan on using this tour to recruit and promote more members to become part of their party.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2017, 05:36:20 PM »

FOXNews.com

The newly formed Progessive Party is on a town hall nationwide tour with its founding members such as Senator Carson Palmer and congressmen and women Cori Bush,Tulsi Gabbard,Keith Ellison,Chardo Richardson and Ro Khanna to promote the issues and policies of the company like. 20 dollar mimmium wage,Wall Street reform, Milltary spending reform, Healthcare for all, Universal education and clean energy around this spring.

They also plan on using this tour to recruit and promote more members to become part of their party.

Hang on, you can't just go around claiming other members of Congress are from your party. You have one member in the House, Gabbard. All others mentioned here are Democrats.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2017, 07:49:27 PM »

FOXNews.com

Hang on, you can't just go around claiming other members of Congress are from your party. You have one member in the House, Gabbard. All others mentioned here are Democrats.

(Can I keep the two that's in OTL are still just candidates?)
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2017, 11:44:38 PM »

Jan. 24, 2023

Congressman Smith announced today that he will wait to make a statement on his future political intentions until after President Warren's State of the Union address. He said that he plans to watch the address carefully, and that while he hopes that the President will have a successful address, he will not waver in his commitment to criticize the President on her statements, and he will provide a formal response.

Smith also said that he will begin to hold rallies across the country to gain support for the Conservative Party and their new platform as to "give Americans a knowledge that they have another choice besides the two-party system." He plans to begin his tour in a few weeks, starting in Dallas.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies