Freeform election game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:25:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Freeform election game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Freeform election game  (Read 7910 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2017, 05:03:42 PM »

January 25th, 2023

State of the Union Address

Mr Speaker, Mr Vice President, Members of the House of Representatives And members of the Senate, thank you for this opportunity to address you on the state of our Union.

Over the past three years, we have made great strides towards a more equal, more open America. We have successfully managed to protect the jobs of our manufacturing sector, and even increase employment in certain areas. We have managed to withdraw our forces safely from the Middle East, and tuition at public colleges is now more affordable than ever.

But there is still much to be done.

Our campaign to reinstate Glass-Steagall has been a success, and when it arrives on my desk, I will be proud to call it the signature achievement of my Presidency, along with many other items [. . .]

And that is why I am convinced that the state of our Union is strong!

Main points:

-Successfully protecting manufacturing jobs
-Scaling back NAFTA
-Safe withdrawal of US forces from the Middle East
-Glass-Steagall passing the House
-Low tuition fees at public colleges and universities
-Federal minimum wage at $15 an hour and tied to inflation
-Desire to increase worker protections
-Desire to fully legalize, tax and regulate marijuana
-Desire to pass a federal infrastructure build
-Desire to pass further restrictions on the NSA
-Desire to scale back military spending and consider 25% reduction in nuclear weapons by 2033
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2017, 06:00:51 PM »

(Just something for fun)

Tweet from @RealDonaldTrump from January 25th 2023

Senator "Clueless" Carson Palmer said my president was a failure! Not at all. Fake media brought it down with lies and  corruption. Sad!!

Tweet from Carson Palmer January 25th 2023

Mr Trump  settle down now and take a dose of the truth.  You still are a sore loser now that's sad!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2017, 08:08:17 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2017, 09:51:12 PM by wxtransit »

Jan. 25, 2023

Today, Representative Smith announced his support for Senator Cole's bill to limit the surveillance powers of the National Security Agency. He said that "Our conservative values are for liberty and freedom. I cannot stand by and say nothing while our government is snooping through millions of innocent people's private emails and calls. This widespread espionage must be stopped. As Benjamin Franklin once said, Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

In other news, Rep. Smith also said he will be delivering a response to President Warren's State of the Union speech shortly, along with a big announcement.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2017, 10:58:28 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2017, 11:03:52 PM by wxtransit »

Response to President Warren's State of the Union
January 25, 2023

Tonight, President Warren delivered her State of the Union speech to Congress. And I have to say, after watching her speech, I agree with the President in one aspect: there is much to be done for a better society. However, I depart with the President with the rest of the policies she outlined tonight. And after the last three years, President Warren, I have to say that the state of our Union is not strong. In fact, over the course of your term we have seen much economic and societal turmoil.

Her recent affront to the American economy came in her prized Glass-Stegall Act. She said in her address that she plans to call the act the "signature achievement of her presidency", however, this act will only make the job of the banks to help recover from the recession much harder. In addition, her divisive policies have seen races, classes, and creeds of people alienated. There has been even more hatred between races and peoples during her term.

During her address, she said that she wanted to raise the minimum wage to 15 dollars, to help the poorer classes. However, cities that have already instituted a minimum wage to that standard have been shown to have a higher rate of unemployment. Why, you might ask? Businesses can't afford to pay lower-class workers this amount of money. Instead, these same businesses, like big-box stores, replace these jobs with robots or computers. The thought is that these workers are expendable. In Walmarts in cities such as these, lower-paid cashiers are being pushed out in favor of self-checkouts. In some stores, there are no longer any cashiers, but just a manager for 10 automated checkouts. President Warren's new policy will not help the people she wants to aid; in fact, it will hurt them.

In times such as these, we must maintain a strong military. We must be ready to respond with force if the enemy comes knocking on our door. However, President Warren plans to do exactly the opposite of that. She plans to leave our country exposed to attack. She outlined in her address that she wants to reduce military spending and decrease the nuclear arsenal by 25 percent by 2033. I must say that I support a reduction of nuclear weapons, but only when we can guarantee that all other nations will do the same. And there is no reasonable way to go about this. Reducing our arsenal while other countries add to their stockpiles only leaves our nation open to attack from all sides, and millions of innocent people will die if one, only one of the many nuclear-armed nations decides to strike. And we already know one who will: North Korea. Kim-Jong un will bow to no nation, especially one that he knows he can strike on with no consequence. Mutually-assured destruction is the most important assurance of our safety in these trying times.

Our current President has done too much to hurt our nation, and she plans to do more. Our nation, frankly, is in a dire state. Our society is crumbling. Our people are hurting. And our economy is failing. We must do something about this. For these reasons, I must announce today that I am publicly forming an exploratory committee for President. We cannot stand by and watch America tear at the seams. We must chart a path to a better, stronger, and brighter America!

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2017, 08:55:32 AM »
« Edited: November 19, 2017, 09:55:39 PM by Jaguar4life »

Tweet from Carson Palmer's Twitter account

It seems like President Warren is taking responsibility for stuff that I have done in the senate. She has only helped me with it.

However I still want to thank her for helping me out with getting it done.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2017, 09:03:02 PM »

Priti Sharma's Official Response

"Representative Sharma is proud to have worked with President Warren on curbing the powers of the National Security Agency as well as withdrawing from Iraq. Rep. Sharma is also thanks President Warren for moving towards the legalization of marijuana. Rep. Sharma is proud of the work the House of Representatives has made in moving forward parts of the President's agenda."
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2017, 09:54:38 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2017, 10:55:41 PM by Chris Murphy 2020 »

Greenfield: “I’ll be proud to assist President Warren in her agenda”

Maine Senator Andy Greenfield once again reiterated his support for President Eilizabeth Warren’s agenda, calling her State of the Union “a blueprint for a better America.”

“President Warren once again laid forward a bold vision focused on improving the lives of everyone in America. Her speech was brilliant.” Greenfield dismissed Representative John Smith’s response to the State of the Union, calling it “far-right hogwash” and said that Smith’s critiques “will benefit only the wealthy at the expense of the middle and working classes.”

“Representative Smith used half-truths and outright lies to mislead the public against the President’s agenda. I’m confident they’ll see through it - everything she’s put forward tonight is incredibly popular.”

He went on to say that Smith was “carrying the water of big banks, the military industrial complex and large corporations.”

Greenfield has gained the reputation of being one of the President’s staunchest supporters and defenders, and this is not the first time he has harshly criticized the response to the State of the Union. He called John Thune’s response in 2022 “an affront to the Constitution.”

Asked about Richard Cole’s new NSA bill, Greenfield said “Rick has my full support,” and announced he would be consponsoring it.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2017, 10:07:53 PM »

January 28th 2023
Interview with Politics Nation on Sirius XM

Interviewer:So senator Cole's bill do you support it?

Of course why wouldn't I? *Laughs* Unless it seems from like almost a decade ago. Man I have changed.

Interviewer:And of course are you still exploring a run for the presidency next year? And if so what party?

I'm not jumping on board with the democrats if I run I will run under the Progressive party banner that is no question.

And as for me running? I am going to officially announce my plans soon like real soon.

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2017, 10:52:21 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2017, 01:00:28 PM by wxtransit »

Jan. 26, 2023
Smith: "This doesn't make sense at all"

(CNN) - Today, Representative John Smith responded to criticisms about his response to President Warren's State of the Union from Senator Andy Greenfield.

"It seems as if the Senator only skimmed through my response and failed to read the entire address in favor of finding a few soundbites," Representative Smith said. "While he said that I was the one who failed to present the facts in their full manner, it seems that he disregarded them all in his response to mine."

Representative Smith said that while he always appreciates constructive criticism to his arguments, Senator Greenfield's dealing with Smith's remarks was "baseless".

"I suppose I'll have to provide a response to his," Representative Smith said. "Let me break this down. First, Senator Greenfield said that my remarks were 'far-right hogwash'. I'll have to remind the Senator of my proven center-right voting record. While I respect my friends from the far-right, I refuse to associate my policy stances with them. For example, I voted for a bill which expanded funding for transportation and infrastructure improvements across the nation, a bill which the entire Freedom Caucus, the standard bearer of the far-right, opposed."

He went on to say that Greenfield, who said that Smith's proposals "will benefit only the wealthy at the expense of the middle and working classes", had no facts backing his statement.

"In fact, my proposals will help the lower classes," Representative Smith said. "I have said multiple times that President Warren's proposal to raise the minimum wage will only help the large conglomerates. A higher minimum wage, in the long term, will give big corporations the opportunity to fire workers in place of robots and computers, to keep profit margins high. And this is bad for American workers. My proposal to leave the decision of a minimum wage to the local businesses will help the lower classes to find more jobs. Recent studies have shown that a higher minimum wage correlates to a direct job loss to those that are economically disadvantaged."

Smith responded to Greenfield's statement that the Representative had been "carrying the water of big banks, the military industrial complex and large corporations".

"This doesn't make sense at all," Representative Smith said. "I don't support 'big banks'. In fact, I voted against a merger between J.P. Morgan Chase and Citibank. This would have been bad for the economy, for all the money to be in the hands of one bank. If the new bank had went down, our economy would have been ripped to shreds. The Senator seems to be basing this argument on the fact that I am opposed to the Glass-Stegall Act. However, the Act puts its provisions against not only the few large banks, which can see only a small drawback from this Act, but also the many small neighborhood banks, which would be devastated from the Act's effects. Providing a way for the small banks to invest in securities will only help the American economy. Next, Senator Greenfield said that I am 'carrying the water...of the military industrial complex'. However, it is only common sense, not an invested interest in military corporations, which I am not involved in, that compels me to want military security for our nation. It would be foolish to leave our nation exposed as much as President Warren wants to leave it in times as these, with a maniacal leader, Kim-Jong un, at the head of a nation with nukes aimed directly at our West Coast."

A nationwide internal poll from Representative Smith's office, backed by Ipsos, showed that support for Smith's response to the State of the Union was at 59%, from a sample size of 5,148 people. Smith also had a job approval rating of 61% from the same poll.

"No, Senator, I am not the one who has been telling the 'half-truths and outright lies' here. You are."
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2017, 11:59:47 PM »

Greenfield on Maddow: "Let's set the record straight"

Appearing on The Rachel Maddow Show, Senator Andy Greenfield (D-ME) doubled-down on his criticism of Representative John Smith (C-TX).

"Let me reassure Congressman Smith - even if we disassemble a quarter of our nuclear weapons by 2033, we will still have more than enough to destroy the world many, many times over," Greenfield said, referring to Smith's criticism of President Warren's nuclear disarmament plan. "Personally, I've always thought of America as a leader in the world. But apparently the Congressman wants us to follow the lead of other nations."

When Maddow asked about Smith's defense of his opposition to the reintroduction of Glass-Steagall, Greenfield laughed before saying "Malarkey."

"Look, John Smith can wrap himself in small banks if he wants to. But he knows where his bread is buttered," Greenfield said, before going on to say that "The repeal of Glass-Steagall was instrumental in the financial crisis of 2008, which our nation still has not fully recovered from. And let me remind the Congressman that small banks got along just fine between 1932 and 1999."

When asked about Smith's comments on President Warren's minimum wage increase, Senator Greenfield again critiqued the Congressman: "Look, the issues John raises are valid, and honestly I have some of the same concerns myself. But current minimum wage laws are keeping people starving. Many people working at WalMart need food stamps and other forms of welfare because their paychecks still don't cover their basic necessities. We can't keep on this path. Wages simply aren't rising. The current system isn't working. Something has to change."

Maddow then asked the Senator if "There's something more radical to protect the working class?"

"Well, in my campaign in 2020, I made universal basic income a major policy plank. If the minimum wage increase fails, I'll introduce a universal basic income bill," the Senator responded.

Greenfield concluded the segment by saying "I hope me and the Congressman can sit down and have dinner and hash everything out. I'm sure there's much we agree on, if not the President's agenda."
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2017, 01:08:24 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2017, 01:00:37 PM by wxtransit »

Jan. 27, 2023
Smith at town hall: "It's time for me to address what Senator Greenfield said"

(CBS) - At a town hall among other members of Texas' congressional delegation in Austin, Texas yesterday, Representative John Smith (C-TX), from Texas' 32nd congressional district, responded to recent criticisms from Senator Andy Greenfield (D-ME). Members of the audience, after asking Smith on policy questions related to trade and infrastructure, turned to recent comments made by the Senator on MSNBC.

"I have to admit, I admire the Senator for his persistence," Representative Smith said, after being asked by a member of the audience to comment on the Senator's remarks. "However, I think it's time for me to address what Senator Greenfield said. During his remarks, he referred to my opposition of President Warren's nuclear disarmament plan. However, my statement was partly aimed at her proposal with nuclear weapons, but it mostly was to address her reduction in spending for the military. This would pose a much larger threat to our security than any other factor that she could come up with. Back during President Trump's term, he restored federal funding for the military that was removed by President Obama. This helped secure our nation, and it arguably helped turn the tide in our war with ISIS. I may not have agreed with all of his actions, but this was a major benefit to come from his term. However, on her first day in office, President Warren immediately undid all of the work Trump did to affirm our commitment to our security. And this happened at the worst time possible. Now, with growing threats in Asia and the Middle East, the President has decided to forgo helping out our allies in these regions and has even threatened our security at home. We must have a strong military, and there is no question about it. For us to be a 'leader in the world', we must show it by proving our commitments with our allies. Senator Greenfield wants to do the opposite - and return us to the isolationist policies of the early 20th century. This will only hurt us, and the world, not help us."

Responding to another question posed by the audience on his opposition to Glass-Steagall, Smith paused, then turned straight to the camera.

"Look, I'll say this," said Smith. "None of the options presented before us are optimal. Keeping Glass-Steagall off the books or putting it back on are not the best we can do. However, at the moment, that is the choice we are forced to make. Senator Cole said last week that the best idea would be to end the Fed and implement a truly free banking system. I believe that this would be a great idea. However, that isn't an option on the table. And whether the repeal of Glass-Steagall caused the recession is still a matter up for debate. I can't comment with authority on that, as most economists are still split on that matter. However, I can say that I oppose the reintroduction of Glass-Stegall because I believe that it would hurt the nation's economy. And really, when it comes down to it, big banks will not benefit either way. They have enough money to line their pockets and then some. Buying securities won't help them. However, it will help the small banks. And that's where it counts. And yes, small banks were perfectly fine from 1932 to 1999, but what about after? What about after 2008? Do these banks not matter? Small banks still recovering from the recession need to invest in securities to keep themselves afloat. I can talk for a while, so I'll wrap this up. My position is one of reluctance: I would love to see another option. However, that just doesn't exist at the moment. And that's why I oppose the reintroduction of Glass-Steagall."

Finally, Smith responded to one more question, this time on minimum wage.

"I would personally love to live in a world where raising the minimum wage to 15 dollars would make the paycheck of the average American go up," Representative Smith said. "I'd love that. However, that isn't the world we live in. And unfortunately, big corporations will take advantage of that. When the minimum wage is raised nationally, big corporations, such as Walmart, will start to phase out their lower-paying jobs in favor of machines. And that's already happening nationwide in expectance of this. Just go to your local Walmart. You'll see what I mean. I'll have to agree with the Senator when he said that 'we can't keep on this path'. We can't. But I believe that raising the minimum wage just isn't the best option. And this has been backed up by studies, which showed that the introduction of a higher minimum wage in cities such as Seattle and San Francisco have correlated to a direct reduction of jobs, especially in the lower classes, where a minimum wage is supposed to help."

In comments with the press after the town hall, Smith told reporters that he would "love to sit down for a chat with the Senator. The only way we can get bills passed and real work done for the American people is through cooperation, not division. Some might say that this debate is frivolous - but I must disagree. At least we're talking about the issues that matter. That is the purpose of democracy."

SamTilden2020

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2017, 07:45:07 AM »

Gomez interview on Fox News w/Tucker Carlson (Jan 30)

TC: "Welcome to the show, Governor Gomez"

Gomez: "Good to be here, Tucker"

TC: "So Governor, your thoughts on President Warren's State of the Union"

Gomez: "President Warren has thrown through many radical and dangerous ideas that threaten the very fabric of our Country. The way she has taken credit for them is very concerning (to say the least) for many."

TC: "Given your opposition to Warren's agenda, as you said, what would be the program you oppose most?"

Gomez: "That certainly is a hard call, but i'll go with Glass-Steagal. The law is an outdated, dangerous attempt at the centralization of our Government."

TC: "Your thoughts on the ongoing feud between Congressman Smith and Senator Greenfield"

Gomez: " laughs To my knowledge, as Governor, I know the people of New Mexico have bought every last package of Popcorn in the stores for this beautiful theatrical show."

TC: "Alright, Alright, one last question, and the one on many minds. Are you running for president in 2024?"

Gomez: "You know what, i've talked it out with Angelica and my Kids and many of mis amigos, and you know what they've said"

TC: "What did they say?"

Gomez: "Gana el elección por los Estados Unidos!" (Win the election for the united states!)

TC: "So you're running then?"

Gomez: "Si! Yes! One Hundred Percent! It's time the white house had some real leadership!"

Gomez officially enters the race for president
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2017, 10:46:52 PM »

CNN Town Hall with Senator Andy Greenfield

Moderated by Anderson Cooper; held in Augusta, Maine

Questions:

My name is Robert, I'm 55 years old and a construction worker. I've been in the business for 35 years, and it's too late for me to train for any other job. My question is, what will you do to protect existing workers from large scale automation that will make human workers obsolete?

Hi, I'm Sarah, and I'm 43 years old. I never graduated high school because my father walked out on us and I needed to get a job to support my brothers and sister. Today, I'm working two jobs, both paying the minimum wage of $10 an hour, and it's not enough. I have two kids, 6 and 7 years old, and their father walked out on us. I'm not making nearly enough to support my kids, as well as pay the bills. What will you do to help people like me from falling even deeper into poverty?

I'm Alexandra, and I'm a 22 year old college student. I hope that Glass-Steagall does pass, as my parents personally suffered during the Great Recession and the mini-recession of 2019. It's made things harder for me to focus on my studies when my family is still recovering five years on. How will Glass-Steagall be protected once it has been passed, and how do you address the irony that a bill repealed by a Democratic President is being reintroduced by a Democratic President?

I'm Nicholas, and I'm 34. Senator, I work for my county government doing infrastructure work, but we don't get nearly enough funding to do our jobs properly. We end up having to leave our jobs half-dozen because of that. How will the current administration deal with our crumbling infrastructure and workers like me who don't get the funding they need?

Anderson Cooper: And finally, my personal question, are you running for President in 2024?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2017, 01:15:29 AM »

Hi Robert, thanks for coming out tonight. Personally, I think an industry like construction will never fully automate. And, respectfully sir, I don't think it's ever too late to learn a new skill. But those aren't the answers you're looking for. I'm sure you've heard me and Congressman John Smith bickering through the media over the past few days on this very issue, so let me be abundantly clear: while the threat of increased automation is real, it has been vastly overstated by opponents to President Warren's agenda. Human workers will never be obsolete. Most jobs available to people at our nation's founding have become obsolete, but in their place are countless jobs that people then couldn't have even imagined. We're in a transitional period, but human workers are not going away, and will never go away. Thank you for your question Robert.

Hi Sarah, thanks for being here. Unfortunately, I've heard far too many stories like yours. Working two jobs making $10 an hour isn't enough to feed your kids. It's not too dissimilar to my own story. My dad died when I was 10, and we didn't pay off his health bills until I was in my 20s. I was raised by a single mom. I know what it's like not knowing where your next meal is coming from. Nearly 10 percent of children in this country are food insecure, which is a shameful statistic and a pock on this country. That's why I back President Warren's minimum wage increase, because you shouldn't be working two jobs and still be unable to feed your children. It's why I also back universal basic income, to make sure your kids are fed and clothed and warm during these Maine winters. And I also support making state colleges free, so that your kids will have a chance to succeed, to have the opportunities you didn't. Thank you so much for your important question, Sarah. And I'm gonna give you my card, Sarah, so if you need anything at all, do not hesitate to contact me or my office.

Hi Alexandra, thank you for coming out here tonight. Well, we Democrats like focusing on Glass-Steagall, don't we? President Franklin Roosevelt was a Democrat, he signed it into law. It was named after two southern Democrats, Carter Glass and Henry Steagall, and it was repealed by a southern Democrat, Bill Clinton. But Clinton was never on the left of our party. Let me reassure you, that the Democrats of Bill Clinton's day are gone. We are Elizabeth Warren's party now. We are Bernie Sanders' party now. We are your party now. We are committed to workers, to the young, to the poor, and we will never betray those people again, like we did in the Clinton years and, yes, during the Obama years, to a much smaller extent. The Great Recession of 2008 happened when I was just a little younger than you are now. Never, ever again will this party put the people of this country in that situation. Not as long as I'm standing. Thank you, Alexandra, for that excellent question.

Hello, Nicholas, thanks so much for being here tonight. Infrastructure has been neglected in this country for well over 50 years. Franklin Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower initiated the last real infrastructure development in this country. I support John Smith's infrastructure bill currently in the House of Representatives. I'd have liked to see him expand the spending a bit more, as I'm sure you would Nicholas, but it's better than nothing. President Warren, of course, has her own infrastructure proposals, which are much more ambitious than Congressman Smith's. But the bottom line is, I support increasing your funding, the President supports increasing your funding, and I will fight to increase your funding. You're doing important, necessary, often thankless work. I thank you for that work and your question.

Anderson, let me state this as unequivocally as I can: I am NOT running for President in 2024. Ask me again in 2028 [laughs]. I promised to serve the people of Maine for a full term, and I couldn't betray my neighbors that way. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Democratic field shakes out. I know a handful of people that will be declaring their Presidential bids shortly, and I'll announce an endorsement in due time, after I appraise the field.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2017, 02:03:18 AM »

The Truth About the Gold Standard
By Alexander Madison

Senator Palmer’s support for the gold standard has left many questioning the legitimacy of his complaints, and if the gold standard effectively solves the problems he claims it does. It is our responsibility to the people of America to tell the truth here, regardless of how powerful people who disagree are. As such, I have assembled the facts as they are, to answer the questions above.

Yes, it is true that inflation continues to hurt business owners as they increasingly see their profits worth less on the dollar and their employees demanding more on the dollar. By raising prices and salaries, businesses are contributing to the problem of inflation and currency not backed by anything. Luxury consumption contributes further to this problem. However, as we clearly see, inflation is the mark of a healthy economy.

The gold standard, at the end of the day, is a temporary solution that would only work in a recession or a period of extreme growth, probably greater than 5%, with inflation also above 6% and unemployment below 4%. As we are in neither situation, and a temporarily backed currency would have problems of its own, I would under no circumstances recommend a gold standard.

That being said, I do intend to begin a vast survey of community leaders, including Erik Prince, Mary Kay Henry, Connie Rice, Cathy Lanier, Ann E. Dunwoody, Helen Gym, and Larry Goodpaster, as well as several economists and businessmen*. By listening to dialogue from many, many people, I hope to begin to find solutions to many problems, including this one.

At the end of the day, I must oppose this attempt at instating the gold standard. However, I believe Senator Palmer’s attempt is one he sincerely believes in, and we would be better off as a country if every politician had the courage to suggest ideas that seem out there. We can’t afford the usual routine in Washington anymore.

Addressing President Warren’s Plans
By Alexander Madison

We have heard President Warren’s Platform. And while we do our best to remain neutral, this objectively is nonsensical appeals to everyone. “Protect manufacturing jobs” - how? By scaling back NAFTA? Maybe that would temporarily help some manufacturing workers, but “scaling back” free trade has a horribly negative effect on most workers, especially small businesses and racial minorities. It empowers the big businesses to dominate, supports a closed society, and indicates to the world that we are not interested in them. We can not afford this.

A safe withdrawal of troops from the Middle East. Unilaterally. Instead of working to establish peace in Israel and support human rights and democracy in Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Egypt, we are telling the Middle East that our focus is now elsewhere. Until I see diplomacy begin, we can’t afford to withdraw our power from the region.

Low tuition fees can best be achieved by using the Department of Education, Department of Labor, and the Department of the Treasury to negotiate on behalf of college students. If you get a score above a thirty on the ACT and have a GPA above 3.0, we should give incentives to all colleges and universities for scholarships. In general, we need to promote communities getting involved with their youth and encouraging them to start businesses or to otherwise support their goals.

A federal minimum wage of fifteen dollars is going to hurt people who live in poor states. For those who live in poor states like Alabama, Mississippi, and Arkansas, especially minorities there, this is going to severely hurt employment opportunities. President Warren, maybe you saw a woman named Sarah at the Town Hall in Augusta. She makes ten dollars an hour. Under your proposal, it is very likely that she would be let go. And, let me tell you, there are scores of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of Sarahs.

A raise to $11.50 an hour would help many people with very few to no people losing their jobs. It would also benefit the working poor, as would providing a larger tax credit for people with children under eighteen. Raising the child tax credit to four times what it is now for people making under $30,000 annually would have little effect on the revenue of our country, and greatly help families with children. It’s easy to say, “Oh, we’ll pay for tuition.” But when poor families often can’t afford to let their children graduate public high school, what makes anyone think they can afford to let their children attend free college?

Now, your federal infrastructure bill would require raising gas taxes. Are you prepared to raise gas taxes enough, considering the use of cars and fuel is, besides education, the number one stimulant of socioeconomic mobility? Or would you prefer to add to our staggering debt even more with this project of yours?

President Warren, these are tough questions and criticisms, but I hope you didn’t expect your job or my questions and criticisms to be easy.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2017, 12:59:44 PM by wxtransit »

Press Release: Representative John Smith starts nationwide tour
January 29, 2023

Representative John Smith began a nationwide tour for the Conservative Party today in Dallas. He spoke about the importance of having a credible conservative alternative to the Democratic and the Republican parties, and how through a new Conservative Party the ideals of the nationwide conservative movement can be furthered. He also said that "the Republican Party's platform does not provide for a home for true conservatives, they are either too far left or too far right on the issues. The Conservative Party provides a place for these ideals." Smith emphasized the importance of people not currently in politics to run for seats at every level for the Conservatives, by saying that "everyone and anyone who shares our ideals can run under our banner, for any and every seat. We want anyone, from politicians to doctors to artists. If you can run, we want you to run. That's how a revolution gets started!" Smith also held rallies in San Antonio and Austin, and during the week, he will visit Santa Fe, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, Wichita, Denver, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Reno, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, Kansas City, and St. Louis. He will visit the Rust Belt during next week, and he will visit the East Coast the week after next.

###
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2017, 11:00:11 AM »

Senator Palmer announces run for President
CNN.com

Senator Carson Palmer (P) Arizona has declared a run for the Progressive nomination of President of the United States this morning on his social media platforms.

In the message Palmer outlined his message for a "Progessive America"

He has also criticized the two party system and echoed a message of a third choice that delivers to the people and not corporations.

Palmer is expected to announce officially to a group of supporters in Phoenix  soon.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2017, 05:15:15 PM »
« Edited: November 22, 2017, 05:55:40 PM by GoTfan »

January 29-February 11

Addressing the White House Press Corps today, Vice President Sherrod Brown stated that he would not be seeking the Democratic nomination for President  in 2024, following rumors that have been circulating around Washington for weeks

"I've been in politics for decades, and it's time for me to move on." Brown said. This follows President Warren pledging a single term in 2020, with regards to concerns about her age. It also effectively clears the Democratic field for 2024, as more candidates look to run.

Notably, several people, impressed with Maine Senator Andy Greenfield's performance at a Town Hall recently, have started  a 'Draft Greenfield' movement, in an effort to get the Senator to run. Speculation continues to surround Sneator Peebleton, who is currently working to get Glass-Steagall passed in the Senate.

New Mexico Governor Daniel Gomez has already declared his intention to run for the Republican nomination, while speculation continues to surround Maine Senator Richard Cole. Senator Palmer and Congressman Smith have announced their intentions to run on the Progressive and Conservative party lines as well.

In other news, Senator Bernie Sanders has announced that this will be his last term in office, and that he will not be running for re-election next year.

Addressing a crowd of supporters in Burlington, Vermont. Senator Sanders declared "I'm in my mid-eighties; I'm too old to stay in politics any longer. This will be my last term."

This has set off a round of speculation as to who will succeed Sanders. State Senate Majority Leader Becca Balint and Progressive Leader Anthony Pollina are rumoured candidates for the Democrats, while Governor Phil Scott is said to be considering a run as well.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2017, 07:47:52 PM »

The vote for Glass Steagall is this turn right?

Correct. The vote will occur soon.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2017, 11:50:03 AM »

February 1: Event in Reno, NV

February 4: Event at UNLV College Republicans

February 5: Event in Las Vegas, NV

February 7: Event in Phoenix, AZ
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2017, 07:59:09 AM »

Senate President Pro Tempore Dianne Feinstein (D-California)Sad The Senate will now vote on SB 1134; the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1932 and the Banking Act of 1933. This vote is to be conducted by roll call. Voting may now commence.

Senate Clerk:Mr Alexander [. . .] Mr Anderson?
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2017, 01:18:27 PM »

AYE
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2017, 04:28:26 PM »