Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 16, 2017, 10:02:15 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2018 predictions for US Senate are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Election and History Games (Moderator: Lumine)
| | |-+  Freeform election game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Freeform election game  (Read 3149 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2017, 05:15:15 pm »
Ignore

January 29-February 11

Addressing the White House Press Corps today, Vice President Sherrod Brown stated that he would not be seeking the Democratic nomination for President  in 2024, following rumors that have been circulating around Washington for weeks

"I've been in politics for decades, and it's time for me to move on." Brown said. This follows President Warren pledging a single term in 2020, with regards to concerns about her age. It also effectively clears the Democratic field for 2024, as more candidates look to run.

Notably, several people, impressed with Maine Senator Andy Greenfield's performance at a Town Hall recently, have started  a 'Draft Greenfield' movement, in an effort to get the Senator to run. Speculation continues to surround Sneator Peebleton, who is currently working to get Glass-Steagall passed in the Senate.

New Mexico Governor Daniel Gomez has already declared his intention to run for the Republican nomination, while speculation continues to surround Maine Senator Richard Cole. Senator Palmer and Congressman Smith have announced their intentions to run on the Progressive and Conservative party lines as well.

In other news, Senator Bernie Sanders has announced that this will be his last term in office, and that he will not be running for re-election next year.

Addressing a crowd of supporters in Burlington, Vermont. Senator Sanders declared "I'm in my mid-eighties; I'm too old to stay in politics any longer. This will be my last term."

This has set off a round of speculation as to who will succeed Sanders. State Senate Majority Leader Becca Balint and Progressive Leader Anthony Pollina are rumoured candidates for the Democrats, while Governor Phil Scott is said to be considering a run as well.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 05:55:40 pm by GoTfan »Logged

Link to The Australian Republic!
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=255684.0

The National Rifle Association says that guns don’t kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I think just standing there going ‘BANG!’ — that’s not going to kill too many people, is it?”
-Eddie Izzard
Yankee
Yankee_Mapper
Brazil

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -6.09

P
View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2017, 05:25:07 pm »
Ignore

The vote for Glass Steagall is this turn right?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 05:26:58 pm by Yankee »Logged
GoTfan
GoTfan21
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2017, 07:47:52 pm »
Ignore

The vote for Glass Steagall is this turn right?

Correct. The vote will occur soon.

The National Rifle Association says that guns don’t kill people, people do. But I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I think just standing there going ‘BANG!’ — that’s not going to kill too many people, is it?”
-Eddie Izzard
Yankee
Yankee_Mapper
Brazil

Political Matrix

P
View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2017, 08:33:19 pm »
Ignore

Cole 2020: Live Free
February 6, 2023

Today, during a speech in Bangor, Maine, Senator Richard Cole officially announced that he would run for president, Cole said that the country needs to go back to it's original values of freedom and that politicians need to start actually respecting the constitution, Cole promissed that he would "put America in the rails of success again by promoting freedom both economically and socially". During the speech Cole talked about the bill introduced by him to end the PATRIOT Act, he said that the bill would restore rights granted by the constitution that have been broken since 9/11, Cole has also talked about the failures of the current administration and that to solve this "libertarianism is needed".
SamTilden2020

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2017, 11:50:03 am »
Ignore

February 1: Event in Reno, NV

February 4: Event at UNLV College Republicans

February 5: Event in Las Vegas, NV

February 7: Event in Phoenix, AZ

To counter the Gillibrand sigs:
GoTfan
GoTfan21
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2017, 07:59:09 am »
Ignore

Senate President Pro Tempore Dianne Feinstein (D-California): The Senate will now vote on SB 1134; the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1932 and the Banking Act of 1933. This vote is to be conducted by roll call. Voting may now commence.

Senate Clerk:Mr Alexander [. . .] Mr Anderson?

-Eddie Izzard
Representative Cactus
azcactus
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2017, 01:18:27 pm »
Ignore

AYE

Thank you, 'Bama.

Political Matrix Scores:
E: -6.97
S: -5.91

Endorsements:
AZ-SEN: Kyrsten Sinema (D)
AZ-GOV: Steve Farley (D)
TN-SEN: Phil Bredesen (D)
TN-GOV: Karl Dean (D)
TX-SEN: Beto O'Rourke (D)
TX-GOV: Lupe Valdez (D)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2017, 04:28:26 pm »
Ignore

Mr Cole?

-Eddie Izzard
Yankee
Yankee_Mapper
Brazil

Political Matrix

P
View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2017, 04:39:42 pm »
Ignore

Aye
GoTfan
GoTfan21
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2017, 04:45:41 pm »
Ignore

Thune looks shocked.

Mr Greenfield?

-Eddie Izzard
Chris Murphy 2020
MAINEiac4434
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

P P
View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2017, 05:09:12 pm »
Ignore

AYE!

GoTfan
GoTfan21
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2017, 05:11:07 pm »
Ignore

Mr Palmer?

-Eddie Izzard
Jaguar4life
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2017, 05:37:00 pm »
Ignore

Aye!

Trump's my president I Guess

The TL I am currently doing
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=274165.0
SamTilden2020

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2017, 05:53:02 pm »
Ignore

Gomez to UNLV College Republicans: I would vote no [on Glass-Steagal]

GoTfan
GoTfan21
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2017, 05:59:49 pm »
Ignore

Ms Peebleton?

-Eddie Izzard
Rep.-elect wxtransit
wxtransit
YaBB God
Poland

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2017, 06:01:00 pm »
Ignore

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 10:52:37 pm by wxtransit »Logged

Center-right conservative (E: 1.94, S: 3.48)
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” - Disputed
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
Destroy Your D December
Peebs
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2017, 06:02:44 pm »
Ignore

Aye!

GoTfan
GoTfan21
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2017, 06:11:56 pm »
Ignore

Feinstein: The final tally is 54 votes to 46. By a majority of 8 votes, the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1932 and Banking Act of 1933 passes the Senate. The bill will now head to the President's desk for signing or veto. Thank you, fellow Senators. *gavel sounds*

-Eddie Izzard
Yankee
Yankee_Mapper
Brazil

Political Matrix

P
View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2017, 06:41:28 pm »
Ignore

Cole: It makes sense to have it (Glass-Steagall) at least for now
February 1, 2023

During a recent interview on Meet the Press, Cole was asked about he's reasoning to vote for the bill to reinstate Glass-Steagall, Cole replied by saying:

"Look, the first thing is that I am in favor of a small government and less regulations, my vote on this might look contradictory at first but after learning more about the issue, my vote makes total sense. In the US, we don't have a free banking system, a free banking system would require no Fed and a very small opportunity to create money from thin air, we don't meet the requirements and because of this ou banking system is not free, this is an important detail because while banking isn't free, we can't call it a legitimate industry, under the current system it doesn't provide a legitimate service because of things like the central bank.

In order to minimize the damage of the Fed's policies, I voted for Glass-Steagall, by imposing tighter controls over banks, we can minimize the damage, is this the best alternative? Obviously not, a better alternative would be to establish a legitimate free banking system without a central bank, but since this won't happen very fast and if it happens in the future, it will take some time, Glass-Steagall is a way to help temporarily. In my view, it makes sense to have it, at least for now."
Chris Murphy 2020
MAINEiac4434
YaBB God
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

P P
View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2017, 08:56:28 pm »
Ignore

Greenfield: “Extremely proud” Glass-Steagall has passed
February 1, 2023

In an impromptu press conference held outside the Senate chambers, Andy Greenfield (D-ME) looked overjoyed and awestruck at passing Glass-Steagall.

“Today, I am extremely proud to be a member of the United States Senate,” a beaming Greenfield told assembled reporters. “Not every day feels this good.”

Greenfield also thanked his fellow Senator from Maine Rick Cole (R-ME) for voting in favor. He was the only Republican to do so.

“I’m proud to serve with Rick Cole, representing the Pine Tree State in the Senate. He is a good person, and a smart man, and one I’m extremely proud to call my friend.”

Greenfield stated he will attend the signing ceremony with President Warren.

Jaguar4life
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2017, 09:24:22 pm »
Ignore

Tweet from Carson Palmer

Big bipartisan win today in the senate.  This will be good in the economy in the long run.

Trump's my president I Guess

The TL I am currently doing
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=274165.0
Rep.-elect wxtransit
wxtransit
YaBB God
Poland

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2017, 01:07:14 pm »
Ignore

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:10:32 pm by wxtransit »Logged

Center-right conservative (E: 1.94, S: 3.48)
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” - Disputed
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
GoTfan
GoTfan21
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2017, 03:20:31 am »
Ignore

Statement from the White House regarding reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1932 and Banking Act of 1933

Today, flanked by Senate Majority Leader Mark Warner, Vice President Sherrod Brown and Speaker of the House Tim Ryan,  President signed the restoration of the Glass-Steagall Act and Banking Act into law, declaring "a new day has dawned in America."

The President had a notable smile on her face as she signed the bill.

Responsibility for enforcement of the bill now rests with Attorney-General Kamala Harris and SEC Chair Michael Lewis, who will be given the ability to enforce the terms of the bill to their utmost.

We look forward to making Wall Street less corrupt and the economy fairer.

-Eddie Izzard
SamTilden2020

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 27, 2017, 10:58:06 pm »
Ignore

So what is the current NM Congressional delegation? My guess is this:

Senate:
Martin Heinrich
Brian Egolf (Udall retires)

House:
NM-1: Tim Keller (with a 2 day boost in seniority since Gomez would take office January 1, two days before the 115th congress ends)
NM-2: R who wins in 2022(IDK WHO)
NM-3: Ben Lujan

GoTfan
GoTfan21
YaBB God
Australia

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2017, 01:27:24 am »
Ignore

So what is the current NM Congressional delegation? My guess is this:

Senate:
Martin Heinrich
Brian Egolf (Udall retires)

House:
NM-1: Tim Keller (with a 2 day boost in seniority since Gomez would take office January 1, two days before the 115th congress ends)
NM-2: R who wins in 2022(IDK WHO)
NM-3: Ben Lujan

Correct. The Republican is former Albuquerque  Mayor Richard Berry.

-Eddie Izzard
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout