Freeform election game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:53:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Freeform election game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Freeform election game  (Read 8001 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2017, 05:11:07 PM »

Mr Palmer?
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2017, 05:37:00 PM »

Aye!
SamTilden2020

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2017, 05:53:02 PM »

Gomez to UNLV College Republicans: I would vote no [on Glass-Steagal]
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2017, 05:59:49 PM »

Ms Peebleton?
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2017, 06:01:00 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2017, 10:52:37 PM by wxtransit »

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2017, 06:02:44 PM »

Aye!
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »

Feinstein: The final tally is 54 votes to 46. By a majority of 8 votes, the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1932 and Banking Act of 1933 passes the Senate. The bill will now head to the President's desk for signing or veto. Thank you, fellow Senators. *gavel sounds*
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2017, 08:56:28 PM »

Greenfield: “Extremely proud” Glass-Steagall has passed
February 1, 2023

In an impromptu press conference held outside the Senate chambers, Andy Greenfield (D-ME) looked overjoyed and awestruck at passing Glass-Steagall.

“Today, I am extremely proud to be a member of the United States Senate,” a beaming Greenfield told assembled reporters. “Not every day feels this good.”

Greenfield also thanked his fellow Senator from Maine Rick Cole (R-ME) for voting in favor. He was the only Republican to do so.

“I’m proud to serve with Rick Cole, representing the Pine Tree State in the Senate. He is a good person, and a smart man, and one I’m extremely proud to call my friend.”

Greenfield stated he will attend the signing ceremony with President Warren.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2017, 09:24:22 PM »

Tweet from Carson Palmer

Big bipartisan win today in the senate.  This will be good in the economy in the long run.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2017, 01:07:14 PM »
« Edited: November 26, 2017, 01:10:32 PM by wxtransit »

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2017, 03:20:31 AM »

Statement from the White House regarding reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1932 and Banking Act of 1933

Today, flanked by Senate Majority Leader Mark Warner, Vice President Sherrod Brown and Speaker of the House Tim Ryan,  President signed the restoration of the Glass-Steagall Act and Banking Act into law, declaring "a new day has dawned in America."

The President had a notable smile on her face as she signed the bill.

Responsibility for enforcement of the bill now rests with Attorney-General Kamala Harris and SEC Chair Michael Lewis, who will be given the ability to enforce the terms of the bill to their utmost.

We look forward to making Wall Street less corrupt and the economy fairer.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2017, 10:58:06 PM »

So what is the current NM Congressional delegation? My guess is this:

Senate:
Martin Heinrich
Brian Egolf (Udall retires)

House:
NM-1: Tim Keller (with a 2 day boost in seniority since Gomez would take office January 1, two days before the 115th congress ends)
NM-2: R who wins in 2022(IDK WHO)
NM-3: Ben Lujan
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2017, 01:27:24 AM »

So what is the current NM Congressional delegation? My guess is this:

Senate:
Martin Heinrich
Brian Egolf (Udall retires)

House:
NM-1: Tim Keller (with a 2 day boost in seniority since Gomez would take office January 1, two days before the 115th congress ends)
NM-2: R who wins in 2022(IDK WHO)
NM-3: Ben Lujan

Correct. The Republican is former Albuquerque  Mayor Richard Berry.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2017, 04:32:56 AM »

Anderson: Glass-Steagall reinstatement "a tremendous victory"
Deseret News, February 1, 2023

Speaking today outside his Washington, D.C., office, Senator Henry Anderson addressed reporters regarding the reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall Act, aimed at regulating securities-related activities of commercial banks.

"This has been a tremendous victory," Anderson told the assembled crowd, looking equal parts serious and triumphant. "I would call it a step forward, but it's really a return to normalcy. Repealing Glass-Steagall in the first place was a grave mistake."

Anderson went on to praise President Warren and his Senate colleagues for their role in the passage of the Act.

"Glass-Steagall was an accomplishment across state and party lines. No single one of us can take credit for it. I can only thank President Warren, Senator Peebleton, and all of my colleagues for being on the right side of history."

When asked what effect the reinstatement might have on his potential bid for reelection in 2024, Senator Anderson only smiled.

"Serving in the Senate should never be about preserving one's own career. I voted in a manner I thought best for my state, no more and no less. If the people of Utah disagree with me, I'll be more than happy to answer to them in one way or another."

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2017, 04:09:05 PM »

February 12-25

Glass-Steagall has been officially reinstated by President Warren, following a tripartisan vote in the Senate that passed the bill. Warren has already labelled it the signature achievement of her Presidency, and is hailing it as "a message to the banks that they can't have it all."

Already, Attorney-General Kamala Harris and SEC Chair Michael Lewis are to "take a weed hacker to Wall Street" and divide the major banks into smaller institutions. This has been opposed by various major banking executives, who have called the law harmful for the economy, and there are rumblings that CEO David Soloman will run in the Republican Presidential primaries on a platform of repealing the Acts.

In other news, the race to succeed Senator Bernie Sanders is heating up in Vermont, as former Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger and State Senate Majority Leader Becca Balint declaring their candidacies for the Democrats, and former Governor Phil Scott declaring for the Republicans, who is believed to have a real shot of winning the seat.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2017, 05:02:44 PM »

Palmer officially announces Presidental run on the NFL Awards
February 8th 2023

Last night on the yearly NFL Honor Awards on CBS.  Senator Carson Palmer who was announced as a member of the 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame came out with a special speech saying making it official.

Palmer in his speech said his main mission was to give the power back to the power and go after the cronyism of corporations.

He laid down a Progessive and slightly Libertarian plan such as a 20$ minimum wage and a Balenced Budget by 2028.

He also coined his campaign motto.

Progess is near. 
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2017, 02:03:10 AM »

Standoff Between White House and Wells Fargo

Today, Wells Fargo CEO Timothy Sloan announced that his bank will not submit to the restrictions imposed by the reinstatement of Glass-Steagall. In a press conference and the Wells Fargo headquarters, Sloan announced that he would be launching a battle to challenge the constitutional legitimacy of the law, with the end goal of repealing it wholesale.

"Unlike the President, I understand how the economy works, and this law will harm us . . . You want to talk a out a privileged elite making backroom deals that harm the nation, look no further than the current administration."

Attorney-General Kamala Harris responded by saying, "This law, when it was first passed, led to a rapid expansion of the middle class, and it has been reinstated through the regular legislative procedures . . . Mr Sloan would do well to remember that."

SEC Chair Michael Lewis, who has become know for making off-the-cuff remarks regarding the major banks, issued a far more forceful response: "Sloan's throwing a temper tantrum because he threw billions at defeating this bill, and he lost . . . He's acting like a child, and he knows it."

Sloan has since contacted numerous law firms.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »

National Public Radio-Public Broadcast Service Debate

Governor Daniel Gomez of New Mexico vs. Senator Henry Anderson of Utah

Time: 8:00 PM local
Moderator: Don Gonyea

Gonyea: Thank you for being here tonight Governor Gomez and Senator Anderson. Tonight's debate will be conducted thusly: Each man will have an opportunity for an opening statement. Following this, they will have one minute to answer a question, followed by the other receiving one minute to make a rebuttal, and then ending with closing statements. By virtue of the coin toss, Governor, you may make your opening statement.

Senator, you may make your opening statement.

QUESTIONS:

Senator Anderson, you called the passing of Glass-Steagall's reinstatement a great triumph for the nation. Can you tell us wh such a bill will make our country a fairer place?

[response]

Governor, you on the other hand say that this will only harm the economy. Can you explain why?

[response]

To both of you, Senator Richard Cole of Maine made the headlines by being the only Republican to vote in favor of the bill, and has stated his reasoning is that we don't have a fully democratic monetary system, and as such, the system needs rules. Do you agree with his line of reasoning?

[responses]

Wells Fargo CEO Timothy Sloan has also been in the headlines recently when he announced his bank would not submit to the restrictions passed in the bill, and has since contacted numerous legal firms in anticipation of a long legal battle. Attorney-General Kamala Harris has implied that this will incur potential criminal charges and SEC Chair Michael Lewis has compared Sloan to "a child throwing a temper tantrum". Governor Gomez, do you believe that Sloan has a right to challenge the law's constitutional eligibility?

[response]

Senator Anderson, the same question to you.

[response]

And now a question about your own parties. Senator Anderson, a lot of attention has been focused around the Vermont Senate race this year, now that Senator Sanders has announced his retirement. Do you have anything to say about the Senator's impending retirement and do you hve any comment on the race to succeed him which at this moment, encompasses former Burlington Mayor Miro Weinberger, State Senate Majority Leader Becca Balint, and former Governor Phil Scott?

[response]

Governor Gomez, recently former President Donald Trump criticized Senator Carson Palmer on Twitter, and is reportedly planning to hit the trail to promote his SuperPAC, Keeping America Great. In an interview recently, Mr Trump stated "The Republican Party is still my party . . . they need my supporters to win." Governor, does the former President, who had, according to several studies, one iof the least successful and most controversial Presidencies ever, still a major voice in the Republican Party?

[response]

Senator, your closing statement?

[response]

Governor?

[response]

That is it from us here in Las Vegas tonight. I'm Don Gonyea, and thank you for joining us.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2017, 10:20:17 PM »

Alexander Madison’s Twitter:

@POTUS still has yet to respond to my criticisms. Would appreciate a response. African-Americans - well, really all Americans, want real solutions. #SolutionsForAmerica

CONTINUED...

Ignoring the voice of a prominent minority journalist isn’t a good look on you, @POTUS. #SolutionsForAmerica

I’m looking forwards to listening to the views of Governor Gomez and Senator Anderson. #LasVegasDebate #Ready
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »

Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2017, 11:46:43 AM »

Tweet from Senator Carson Palmer

Looking forward to the debate between the debate between Governor Gomez and Senator Anderson.

And Mr Trump needs to keep quiet. Such a angry old man.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2017, 01:23:27 PM »

Tweet from Andy Greenfield (@Greenfield4ME)

“Can’t wait to watch Anderson and Gomez debate. I know who I think will win. Who do you think will win?”

Twitter poll by @Greenfied4ME:

Henry Anderson: 56%
Daniel Gomez: 44%
SamTilden2020

« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2017, 01:49:47 PM »

Tweet from Andy Greenfield (@Greenfield4ME)

“Can’t wait to watch Anderson and Gomez debate. I know who I think will win. Who do you think will win?”

Twitter poll by @Greenfied4ME:

Henry Anderson: 56%
Daniel Gomez: 44%

Tweet from @DGomez:

Down -12 in a Dem internal. Excellent results!

Prepare to be blown away at the NPR debate #LasVeagasDebate
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #98 on: December 05, 2017, 06:22:00 PM »

Tweet from Henry Anderson (@HLAndersonUT):

"Eagerly looking forward to debating @DGomez. May the best man win."
SamTilden2020

« Reply #99 on: December 05, 2017, 06:50:51 PM »

Reply to the tweet (@DGomez):