Freeform election game (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 01:12:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Freeform election game (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Freeform election game  (Read 8151 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« on: November 14, 2017, 11:22:32 PM »
« edited: November 15, 2017, 08:59:50 PM by Al Franken/Chris Murphy 2020 »

Making it in just under the deadline Smiley

Andrew Lyndon "Andy" Greenfield (D-ME)

Birthday: December 1, 1990 (age 33)

Ideology: Social Democrat

Family: Alexandra "Alex" Rowland (age 27, married 10/15/2022)
Daughter: Roosevelt Marie Rowland-Greenfield (age 7, born February 19, 2017)
Son: Kennedy Milton Rowland-Greenfield (age 5, born September 2, 2018)
Daughter: Macy Teresa Rowland-Greenfield (age 5, born September 2, 2018)

Offices held:
Member of the Maine House of Representatives (36th district): 2010-2016
Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives: 2014-2016
Member of the Maine Senate (28th district): 2016-2020
Senior United States Senator from Maine: 2020-
Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee: 2022-

A lifelong activist, Andy Greenfield has been in elected office since he was 19. A left-wing Democrat, he became Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives in 2014 (the youngest House Speaker in Maine history), a position he voluntarily relinquished to run for the Maine Senate in 2016. Elected without Republican opposition, he would raise a national profile by championing an open primary law, a single-payer healthcare bill, and an automatic voter registration bill.

He ran for the United States Senate in the 2020 special election, held after the death of Angus King. Simultaneously serving as campaign chairman of Warren for Maine, Greenfield engaged in a vigorous campaign against Republican Eric Brakey, endorsed by the popular congressman Rick Cole (who was running for Maine's other senate seat in the regular election.) Upon victory, he became the first Democratic Senator from Maine since George Mitchell's retirement in 1997.

His campaigns are notable due to his abject refusal to accept PAC money or large donations, relying only on small donations to fund his campaigns.

In 2018 he received his doctorate in Foreign Relations from Bates College. He currently serves as Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations committee. He and his wife have published several books on history, while Greenfield himself is an accomplished novelist with a New York Times bestseller.

Considered the "liberal lion" of the Senate and a steadfast ally of President Warren, Greenfield is considered a future Presidential contender and his endorsement is highly coveted by the candidates, not the least because of his network of small donors.

He met his future wife, Alexandra "Alex" Rowland, at college and they had three children, including a set of twins, before they were married. They reside in a loft in Portland, Maine, near the University of Southern Maine where Alex Rowland teaches history. Their three children attend public school.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 08:51:52 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2017, 08:54:15 PM by Al Franken/Chris Murphy 2020 »

Making it in just under the deadline Smiley

Andrew Lyndon "Andy" Greenfield (D-ME)

Birthday: December 1, 1990 (age 33)

Ideology: Social Democrat

Family: Alexandra "Alex" Rowland (age 27, married 10/15/2022)
Daughter: Roosevelt Marie Rowland-Greenfield (age 7, born February 19, 2017)
Son: Kennedy Milton Rowland-Greenfield (age 5, born September 2, 2018)
Daughter: Macy Teresa Rowland-Greenfield (age 5, born September 2, 2018)

Offices held:
Member of the Maine House of Representatives (36th district): 2010-2016
Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives: 2014-2016
Member of the Maine Senate (28th district): 2016-2020
Junior United States Senator from Maine: 2020-
Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee: 2022-

A lifelong activist, Andy Greenfield has been in elected office since he was 19. A left-wing Democrat, he became Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives in 2014 (the youngest House Speaker in Maine history), a position he voluntarily relinquished to run for the Maine Senate in 2016. Elected without Republican opposition, he would raise a national profile by championing an open primary law, a single-payer healthcare bill, and an automatic voter registration bill.

He ran against Susan Collins for the United States Senate in 2020, while simultaneously serving as campaign chairman of Warren for Maine. Considered a longshot, he pulled off a stunning upset, defeating Collins by less than 2,000 votes as part of a huge, nationwide Democratic landslide.

His campaigns are notable due to his abject refusal to accept PAC money or large donations, relying only on small donations to fund his campaigns.

In 2018 he received his doctorate in Foreign Relations from Bates College. He currently serves as Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations committee. He and his wife have published several books on history, while Greenfield himself is an accomplished novelist with a New York Times bestseller.

Considered the "liberal lion" of the Senate and a steadfast ally of President Warren, Greenfield is considered a future Presidential contender and his endorsement is highly coveted by the candidates, not the least because of his network of small donors.

He met his future wife, Alexandra "Alex" Rowland, at college and they had three children, including a set of twins, before they were married. They reside in a loft in Portland, Maine, near the University of Southern Maine where Alex Rowland teaches history. Their three children attend public school.

I'm already the class 2 senator from Maine...
Hmm. Angus died in March 2020, and I won the special election held the same day as the regular election you won Cheesy.

Also, if MAINEiac is angling a bid for '24, being born in '90 was a mistake.
I am not angling for a presidential bid.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 01:15:54 AM »

Greenfield: Glass-Steagall "Will Pass"
Senator Andy Greenfield (D-ME) has declared that President Elizabeth Warren's landmark Glass-Steagall reintroduction "will pass" on his weekly podcast.

"The Democratic Party is too loyal to the President to not vote unanimously in favor. I'm working on Senator [Richard] Cole, too, and we all know he likes to go against Senator Thune."

Greenfield also commented on his fellow Maine Senator Richard Cole's potential presidential run.

"I love Rick. We don't agree on an awful lot, but he's a good guy. If he runs, and I think he will, he'd be the strongest candidate on that side. I'll back the Democratic nominee, though." Greenfield later joked that he "hoped Cole wins the presidency" because "it would give us another Democratic Senator from Maine" before reiterating his support for the Democratic Party.

Greenfield also commented on the Gold Standard bill introduced by Senator Carson Palmer (P-AZ).

"It is total nonsense...I mean, Carson's one of my best friends in the Senate. But by no means was this well thought-out," before going on to say that the bill was "destined to fail" and that Palmer's efforts would be better served working on the Glass-Steagall bill.

When asked on Twitter who he was supporting in the Democratic primaries, Greenfield tweeted: "Don't know yet. The one who best embraces President Warren's accomplishments. Respect and admire all potential Democratic candidates, and all will get a fair look from me."
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 09:54:38 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2017, 10:55:41 PM by Chris Murphy 2020 »

Greenfield: “I’ll be proud to assist President Warren in her agenda”

Maine Senator Andy Greenfield once again reiterated his support for President Eilizabeth Warren’s agenda, calling her State of the Union “a blueprint for a better America.”

“President Warren once again laid forward a bold vision focused on improving the lives of everyone in America. Her speech was brilliant.” Greenfield dismissed Representative John Smith’s response to the State of the Union, calling it “far-right hogwash” and said that Smith’s critiques “will benefit only the wealthy at the expense of the middle and working classes.”

“Representative Smith used half-truths and outright lies to mislead the public against the President’s agenda. I’m confident they’ll see through it - everything she’s put forward tonight is incredibly popular.”

He went on to say that Smith was “carrying the water of big banks, the military industrial complex and large corporations.”

Greenfield has gained the reputation of being one of the President’s staunchest supporters and defenders, and this is not the first time he has harshly criticized the response to the State of the Union. He called John Thune’s response in 2022 “an affront to the Constitution.”

Asked about Richard Cole’s new NSA bill, Greenfield said “Rick has my full support,” and announced he would be consponsoring it.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 11:59:47 PM »

Greenfield on Maddow: "Let's set the record straight"

Appearing on The Rachel Maddow Show, Senator Andy Greenfield (D-ME) doubled-down on his criticism of Representative John Smith (C-TX).

"Let me reassure Congressman Smith - even if we disassemble a quarter of our nuclear weapons by 2033, we will still have more than enough to destroy the world many, many times over," Greenfield said, referring to Smith's criticism of President Warren's nuclear disarmament plan. "Personally, I've always thought of America as a leader in the world. But apparently the Congressman wants us to follow the lead of other nations."

When Maddow asked about Smith's defense of his opposition to the reintroduction of Glass-Steagall, Greenfield laughed before saying "Malarkey."

"Look, John Smith can wrap himself in small banks if he wants to. But he knows where his bread is buttered," Greenfield said, before going on to say that "The repeal of Glass-Steagall was instrumental in the financial crisis of 2008, which our nation still has not fully recovered from. And let me remind the Congressman that small banks got along just fine between 1932 and 1999."

When asked about Smith's comments on President Warren's minimum wage increase, Senator Greenfield again critiqued the Congressman: "Look, the issues John raises are valid, and honestly I have some of the same concerns myself. But current minimum wage laws are keeping people starving. Many people working at WalMart need food stamps and other forms of welfare because their paychecks still don't cover their basic necessities. We can't keep on this path. Wages simply aren't rising. The current system isn't working. Something has to change."

Maddow then asked the Senator if "There's something more radical to protect the working class?"

"Well, in my campaign in 2020, I made universal basic income a major policy plank. If the minimum wage increase fails, I'll introduce a universal basic income bill," the Senator responded.

Greenfield concluded the segment by saying "I hope me and the Congressman can sit down and have dinner and hash everything out. I'm sure there's much we agree on, if not the President's agenda."
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 01:15:29 AM »

Hi Robert, thanks for coming out tonight. Personally, I think an industry like construction will never fully automate. And, respectfully sir, I don't think it's ever too late to learn a new skill. But those aren't the answers you're looking for. I'm sure you've heard me and Congressman John Smith bickering through the media over the past few days on this very issue, so let me be abundantly clear: while the threat of increased automation is real, it has been vastly overstated by opponents to President Warren's agenda. Human workers will never be obsolete. Most jobs available to people at our nation's founding have become obsolete, but in their place are countless jobs that people then couldn't have even imagined. We're in a transitional period, but human workers are not going away, and will never go away. Thank you for your question Robert.

Hi Sarah, thanks for being here. Unfortunately, I've heard far too many stories like yours. Working two jobs making $10 an hour isn't enough to feed your kids. It's not too dissimilar to my own story. My dad died when I was 10, and we didn't pay off his health bills until I was in my 20s. I was raised by a single mom. I know what it's like not knowing where your next meal is coming from. Nearly 10 percent of children in this country are food insecure, which is a shameful statistic and a pock on this country. That's why I back President Warren's minimum wage increase, because you shouldn't be working two jobs and still be unable to feed your children. It's why I also back universal basic income, to make sure your kids are fed and clothed and warm during these Maine winters. And I also support making state colleges free, so that your kids will have a chance to succeed, to have the opportunities you didn't. Thank you so much for your important question, Sarah. And I'm gonna give you my card, Sarah, so if you need anything at all, do not hesitate to contact me or my office.

Hi Alexandra, thank you for coming out here tonight. Well, we Democrats like focusing on Glass-Steagall, don't we? President Franklin Roosevelt was a Democrat, he signed it into law. It was named after two southern Democrats, Carter Glass and Henry Steagall, and it was repealed by a southern Democrat, Bill Clinton. But Clinton was never on the left of our party. Let me reassure you, that the Democrats of Bill Clinton's day are gone. We are Elizabeth Warren's party now. We are Bernie Sanders' party now. We are your party now. We are committed to workers, to the young, to the poor, and we will never betray those people again, like we did in the Clinton years and, yes, during the Obama years, to a much smaller extent. The Great Recession of 2008 happened when I was just a little younger than you are now. Never, ever again will this party put the people of this country in that situation. Not as long as I'm standing. Thank you, Alexandra, for that excellent question.

Hello, Nicholas, thanks so much for being here tonight. Infrastructure has been neglected in this country for well over 50 years. Franklin Roosevelt and Dwight Eisenhower initiated the last real infrastructure development in this country. I support John Smith's infrastructure bill currently in the House of Representatives. I'd have liked to see him expand the spending a bit more, as I'm sure you would Nicholas, but it's better than nothing. President Warren, of course, has her own infrastructure proposals, which are much more ambitious than Congressman Smith's. But the bottom line is, I support increasing your funding, the President supports increasing your funding, and I will fight to increase your funding. You're doing important, necessary, often thankless work. I thank you for that work and your question.

Anderson, let me state this as unequivocally as I can: I am NOT running for President in 2024. Ask me again in 2028 [laughs]. I promised to serve the people of Maine for a full term, and I couldn't betray my neighbors that way. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Democratic field shakes out. I know a handful of people that will be declaring their Presidential bids shortly, and I'll announce an endorsement in due time, after I appraise the field.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 05:09:12 PM »

AYE!
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 08:56:28 PM »

Greenfield: “Extremely proud” Glass-Steagall has passed
February 1, 2023

In an impromptu press conference held outside the Senate chambers, Andy Greenfield (D-ME) looked overjoyed and awestruck at passing Glass-Steagall.

“Today, I am extremely proud to be a member of the United States Senate,” a beaming Greenfield told assembled reporters. “Not every day feels this good.”

Greenfield also thanked his fellow Senator from Maine Rick Cole (R-ME) for voting in favor. He was the only Republican to do so.

“I’m proud to serve with Rick Cole, representing the Pine Tree State in the Senate. He is a good person, and a smart man, and one I’m extremely proud to call my friend.”

Greenfield stated he will attend the signing ceremony with President Warren.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 01:23:27 PM »

Tweet from Andy Greenfield (@Greenfield4ME)

“Can’t wait to watch Anderson and Gomez debate. I know who I think will win. Who do you think will win?”

Twitter poll by @Greenfied4ME:

Henry Anderson: 56%
Daniel Gomez: 44%
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 05:58:13 PM »

Tweet from Andy Greenfield (@Greenfield4ME)

“Can’t wait to watch Anderson and Gomez debate. I know who I think will win. Who do you think will win?”

Twitter poll by @Greenfied4ME:

Henry Anderson: 56%
Daniel Gomez: 44%

Tweet from @DGomez:

Down -12 in a Dem internal. Excellent results!

Prepare to be blown away at the NPR debate #LasVeagasDebate
@Greenfield4ME

And since you’ve tweeted it: BIGLY MOVEMENT

Twitter poll from Andy Greenfield (@Greenfield4ME):
Henry Anderson: 52%
Daniel Gomez: 48%
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies