What are conservative arguments for universal healthcare? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:00:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What are conservative arguments for universal healthcare? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What are conservative arguments for universal healthcare?  (Read 1083 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« on: November 08, 2017, 03:19:24 PM »
« edited: November 08, 2017, 03:22:24 PM by Lechasseur »

No one who advocates for universal healthcare is a conservative. Period.
You can advocate for universal healthcare while still having conservative views in most other subjects.

Absolutely, I'm a conservative and I support universal healthcare (but more a multi-payer system like the German model rather than single payer).

Well, when you get down to it American Conservatism is just extreme classical liberalism with a few conservative positions on social issues and law and order (and on the latter some are excessive), it's not a real conservatism, and that's why I don't really identify with the GOP (and ideally if the option were still around I'd be a conservative Democrat).
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 03:19:57 PM »
« Edited: November 08, 2017, 03:25:22 PM by Lechasseur »

No one who advocates for universal healthcare is a conservative. Period.
Ironically, you're not a conservative. You're a classical liberal (you aren't actually, in reality you're more of an economic nihilist with insincerely held religious beliefs as a mask of your bigotry) who has no actual understanding as to what conservatism means.

Conservativism is a cheap word for the right's pre-Trump emotional politics. Conservatism between Reagan and Trump degenerated into a lifestyle, not an ideology.

Exactly

Edit: I don't think it's fair to call people holding those positions bigots but otherwise ColonelSanchez's answer is spot on.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 04:22:30 PM »

That it will increase job growth.

Health insurances is one of the biggest expenditures for businesses, especially small businesses. Take away one of their biggest expenses, more opportunities for growth.

Agreed
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies