The New Frontier (A Different Path, Chapter 1)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:45:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The New Frontier (A Different Path, Chapter 1)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: The New Frontier (A Different Path, Chapter 1)  (Read 25591 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2018, 01:37:28 PM »

Oh my...
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #201 on: April 04, 2018, 08:07:12 PM »

Seeing as this whole thing is based on the theme of JFK. Throughout all these chapters, especially in a chapter 2 can you keep us abreast of what Bobby does politically. As well as Teddy. When reading “Jack Jan20, 1968” I thought while thinking about his presidency he would be thinking of how best to help Bobby going foward
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #202 on: April 04, 2018, 09:06:45 PM »

Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #203 on: April 04, 2018, 10:33:44 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2018, 11:09:45 PM by Baker/Embry 2018 »

Seeing as this whole thing is based on the theme of JFK. Throughout all these chapters, especially in a chapter 2 can you keep us abreast of what Bobby does politically. As well as Teddy. When reading “Jack Jan20, 1968” I thought while thinking about his presidency he would be thinking of how best to help Bobby going foward
Yes. RFK will not be a candidate for anything in '68 (not really a spoiler because he'd have to resign from the DOJ in order to legally do so, which I would have covered in this chapter), and neither will Teddy. It should go without saying that due to this being the case, RFK is not assassinated and Teddy doesn't "accidentally" drive off that bridge in Chappaquiddick.

RFK will definitely be in chapters 2 and 3, and beyond (you will know what this means circa 1976 Wink ). Teddy is sure to be influential until his death, which will most likely be in 2009 like IRL (maybe a different day but probably around the same time)

I haven't decided when JFK and RFK will die. I could easily see RFK living into the 2000's, but as I said in the last installment, JFK's Addison's will surely catch up with him, probably before 1980.

RFK has an idea of what he wants to do next, but he wants to see just how '68 plays out before making a firm decision. I kinda want to keep it a secret from you guys, which is why I haven't mentioned it yet. It'll be in the next chapter.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #204 on: April 04, 2018, 10:42:36 PM »

Absolutely brilliant story you've got here. I love the writing style and format, and you've set up a great scenario for 1968 that'll be sure to make the actual election look positively tame by comparison. Very happy you had Kennedy see a moon landing by the end of his administration. Eagerly awaiting chapter 2.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2018, 09:18:27 AM »

Yes. RFK will not be a candidate for anything in '68 (not really a spoiler because he'd have to resign from the DOJ in order to legally do so, which I would have covered in this chapter), and neither will Teddy. It should go without saying that due to this being the case, RFK is not assassinated and Teddy doesn't accidentally drive off that bridge in Chappaquiddick.

RFK will definitely be in chapters 2 and 3, and beyond (you will know what this means circa 1976 Wink ). Teddy is sure to be influential until his death, which will most likely be in 2009 like IRL (maybe a different day but probably around the same time)

I haven't decided when JFK and RFK will die. I could easily see RFK living into the 2000's, but as I said in the last installment, JFK's Addison's will surely catch up with him, probably before 1980.

RFK has an idea of what he wants to do next, but he wants to see just how '68 plays out before making a firm decision. I kinda want to keep it a secret from you guys, which is why I haven't mentioned it yet. It'll be in the next chapter.

This all sounds great! I hope others jump into the race on the Dem side, but if not... Go Maggie!
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2018, 02:14:04 PM »

Chapter 2 is up: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=289606.0
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length