Roy Moore accused of sexual abuse
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:33:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Roy Moore accused of sexual abuse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: Roy Moore accused of sexual abuse  (Read 24198 times)
EnglishPete

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2017, 09:35:23 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This guy is a total Crook. Crooked Roy Moore

It seems that Moore shot himself in the foot, by saying that "I don't remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother."
Why would a "girl" at the age of 18 or older, need the "permission of her mother" ?
He makes it obvious that these girls were underage.
Disgusting pig !

I'm afraid you are simply showing your lack of awareness of the strict and old fashioned (even at the time) morality that Roy Moore was raised with and clearly now still supports. This sort of morality not only demands strict chastity before marriage and strict faithfulness within it. Such a type of morality also lays great stress on parental authority. Until well into the twentieth century it was seen as proper that a woman should not marry without her parents consent no matter what her age. Here's an example of someone at around the same time who kept this old tradition

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1981/02/25/the-prince-38/72b97523-a02a-44a0-85b2-43b35d579745/

Diana was 19 at the time. Now in this quote the Earl is indicating that he thought the Prince was being anachronistic in asking his permission but the point is that he would have been old enough to remember when it wasn't an anachronism but seen as the proper thing to do. Marrying without parental consent was called 'elopement' and was frowned upon.

Moore was clearly raised with a deeply traditional Christian morality that placed a high value on parental authority and although the young women at the time may have thought it old fashioned that he asked their mother's consent to court them those mothers and more their mothers would have remembered a time when it was considered the proper thing to do.

I would also that Moore did not meet his wife until she was a 23 year old divorced single mother but based on his answer above he's saying that he did not date her until he had her mother's consent.
elcorazon

« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2017, 10:55:16 AM »

Why does Gloria Allred need to show up at every outing?
she's doing the Lord's work
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2017, 12:38:04 PM »

It seems that Moore shot himself in the foot, by saying that "I don't remember ever dating any girl without the permission of her mother."
Why would a "girl" at the age of 18 or older, need the "permission of her mother" ?
Disgusting pig !

... Moore was clearly raised with a deeply traditional Christian morality ...

I see you have come back to the forum to troll once again.
Take your gibberish to Breitbart, where it belongs.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2017, 11:37:28 PM »

"I don't remember"? That's pathetic. Either issue an unequivocal denial or admit it and drop out of the race.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2017, 11:47:12 PM »

Who the hell is this "lawyer" of Moore's, anyway?

https://www.facebook.com/stevedeace/posts/846188198894554

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2017, 03:11:36 AM »

Until/unless Roy Moore is forced out of the race, I can't don a blue avatar with any dignity.

The Republican Party has hit a moral low. Let's just hope it's not a bottomless pit.

Post Trump Moore being elected wouldn't be the least bit surprising to me. Not sure what the rules are for being expelled from the Senate (namely what kind of majority is necessary) so I don't know about that. 

A 2/3 majority must vote to expel.

Okay, that's not going to happen.

It's quite likely to happen, IMHO.  The Senate GOP just cuts Moore loose, and he gets replaced by another interim Senator who is also a Republican (and probably more likely to cooperate with them on policy than Moore).  So it's not like they have to sacrifice a Senate seat here.

I thought Powell v. McCormack established that the Senate could not reject duly-elected Senators?

No, what Powell established was that it was that if a house of Congress is going to expel a member, they have to do so via an explicit de jure vote to expel and not a de facto expulsion via refusing to seat until they took a look at trying to expel and then never doing so.  The Powell decision did rely upon long-standing custom that Congress didn't expel members for offenses that occurred before taking their seat, to determine that the vote that the House did take wasn't an expulsion vote, but it didn't enshrine that custom into Constitutional law, merely used it to determine that they were going to insist that the House explicitly decide to expel if it were going to expel Powell.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2017, 08:39:46 AM »

At this stage I think the most likely explanation is that Roy Moore thinks of himself as a modern day Joseph who will give birth to the reincarnation of Jesus (or actually God will do it) if he marries a 15-year old girl. Alabama surely is a wonderful place filled with wonderful people, but inbreeding usually isn't a good idea.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2017, 02:10:15 AM »

Trump's endorsement of Brother Luther doesn't seem so strange now.

Trump actually managed to dodge a bullet on that one.
Yeah. Surprising really, as Trump usually attracts the bullets rather than dodge them. He's probably gonna mess it up somehow anyways.
SoLongAtlas
VirginiaModerate
United States
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2017, 08:27:31 AM »

Another accuser says he grabbed her in 1991 http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/new_roy_moore_accuser_he_didnt.html
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2017, 09:17:32 AM »

THAT'S what bothers you here, Grumps? Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2017, 09:18:36 AM »

Disgusting pig !

I'm afraid you are simply showing your lack of awareness of the strict and old fashioned (even at the time) morality that Roy Moore was raised with and clearly now still supports. This sort of morality not only demands strict chastity before marriage and strict faithfulness within it. Such a type of morality also lays great stress on parental authority. Until well into the twentieth century it was seen as proper that a woman should not marry without her parents consent no matter what her age. Here's an example of someone at around the same time who kept this old tradition

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1981/02/25/the-prince-38/72b97523-a02a-44a0-85b2-43b35d579745/

Diana was 19 at the time. Now in this quote the Earl is indicating that he thought the Prince was being anachronistic in asking his permission but the point is that he would have been old enough to remember when it wasn't an anachronism but seen as the proper thing to do. Marrying without parental consent was called 'elopement' and was frowned upon.

Moore was clearly raised with a deeply traditional Christian morality that placed a high value on parental authority and although the young women at the time may have thought it old fashioned that he asked their mother's consent to court them those mothers and more their mothers would have remembered a time when it was considered the proper thing to do.

I would also that Moore did not meet his wife until she was a 23 year old divorced single mother but based on his answer above he's saying that he did not date her until he had her mother's consent.

Rapist-pal.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »

She always bothers me.......
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2017, 09:42:06 AM »

Yeah, sexual frustration is never good...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2017, 11:08:22 AM »

Me too, but try to focus on real issue here.

Btw, you gotta admit MJ just gotta sick burn on you. Tongue
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2017, 11:09:06 AM »

Neh, that's not even mine material.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2017, 12:32:10 PM »

Neh, that's not even mine material.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »

Would the Democrats even expel him? I'm not sure what senate Democrats think but most Democrats on here seem to be fine with the crazies taking over the GOP.

Probably not. We have to remember that various individuals in the Democrat party have a history of beating, raping, grabbing, bashing, and drowning the womenfolk. Not to mention the Kennedy Dodd 450 lb man sandwich. They aren't going to open up their pasts to scrutiny.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2017, 10:11:07 PM »

Would the Democrats even expel him? I'm not sure what senate Democrats think but most Democrats on here seem to be fine with the crazies taking over the GOP.
Not to mention the Kennedy Dodd 450 lb man sandwich. They aren't going to open up their pasts to scrutiny.
Hey! Don't talk about Bushie like that!
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2017, 10:15:12 PM »

Looks like krazen is foaming at the mouth once again since his side's about to lose pivotal battles in both the War on Whites and the War on Women.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2017, 12:52:08 AM »

Probably not. We have to remember that various individuals in the Democrat party have a history of beating, raping, grabbing, bashing, and drowning the womenfolk. Not to mention the Kennedy Dodd 450 lb man sandwich. They aren't going to open up their pasts to scrutiny.

Krazen's a Democrat?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #245 on: December 13, 2017, 09:22:16 AM »

This'll add another five points to his victory margin.

HAHA
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies