Big Redistricting News Out Of PA! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:08:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Big Redistricting News Out Of PA! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Big Redistricting News Out Of PA!  (Read 5256 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« on: November 10, 2017, 04:57:45 PM »

Yawn. The legislature will simply pass another gerrymander even if this monkey business comes to pass.
and Tom Wolf will veto it.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »

Now I am suddenly curious as to why Tom Wolf (D) appointed Sallie Mundy (R) to the court in 2016 after looking the PA supreme court up in Wikipedia.  Could have had a 6-1 D majority instead of 5-2.
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 11:12:33 PM »

Iowa is good by American standards but it isn't really that good compared to the rest of the world. In fact it's a great example of my point. The Des Moines urban area is split between all four congressional districts, while if you just split a single county then all of Des Moines could be united in one single congressional district. In the same vein Western Iowa is also split between two districts, when it could easily be united as one.
"urban area" has a quite specific meaning in the United States census. You may be using some entirely different meaning. What is the name of that county that you believe if it were split would unify Des Moines in a single congressional district.

If western Iowa were in a single district, as it was during the 2000s, what would the other three look like? Some of the others during the 2000s were ugly.
Because I am to lazy to draw my own this very second I'll just borrow a map from Dailykos:

Do you know what the PVI and deviation distribution is for this?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies