Sane/Non-Trumpist Republicans - why are you still Republicans? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:28:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sane/Non-Trumpist Republicans - why are you still Republicans? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sane/Non-Trumpist Republicans - why are you still Republicans?  (Read 3230 times)
TPIG
ThatConservativeGuy
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.91

« on: November 11, 2017, 12:28:28 AM »

I'm still a Republican because the Republican Party remains the best vehicle to promote the ideas/principles that I believe in, such as free-market economics, a strong and globally present military, and a defense of family values. The grotesque actions of people like Roy Moore don't make the validity of the previously mentioned principles suddenly moot.

What else should I do? Join the Democrats? They continue to move leftward and leftward, and don't represent me on nearly any issues. Join the Liberatarian or Constitution Parties? Then none of the people I support would ever be elected, and my principles would never be implemented.

I'm disheartened and angered by some of the trends in my party, and I understand that my brand of conservatism is not currently the "in" brand with much of the Republican base, but I'm going to stick with my party and do my part to help turn it around.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies