MA-Gov: Baker massively popular
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:40:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-Gov: Baker massively popular
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: MA-Gov: Baker massively popular  (Read 9544 times)
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2017, 10:32:20 PM »

I'm so glad that the candidate financially backed by Charlie Baker lost in Alabama!

Baker endorsed jones

Obviously Charlie Baker's "endorsement" of Jones had way more effect on Alabama than his money being funnelled through the RNC to Moore's campaign. I'm sure lots of Alabamians didn't make their final decision until they heard Charlie Baker's take on the race!

Well clearly the money didn't have an effect either.

Baker did the right thing by speaking out.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2017, 10:51:37 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2017, 10:54:06 PM by 🕎Figueirukkah🕎 »

I'm so glad that the candidate financially backed by Charlie Baker lost in Alabama!

Baker endorsed jones

Obviously Charlie Baker's "endorsement" of Jones had way more effect on Alabama than his money being funnelled through the RNC to Moore's campaign. I'm sure lots of Alabamians didn't make their final decision until they heard Charlie Baker's take on the race!
Like him or not, hes your governor for atleast the next 5 years

Wow, still feeling complacent about elections after Alabama?

Baker endorsed jones

No, he doesn't get a participation trophy. Try a more creative defense.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2017, 11:08:12 PM »

Baker endorsed jones

Baker endorsed jones

No, he doesn't get a participation trophy. Try a more creative defense.

He supported his party but not the candidate. That's fine. Besides:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2017/12/12/charlie-baker-roy-moore/

I will give you this, though:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

But I'm fine with him calling out Roy Moore and supporting Doug Jones. He's supporting the party and doesn't expect the money he wants to have support the party itself go to Moore. That's fine with me.

Saying that Baker "backed" Moore, though, is stretching the truth.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2017, 11:39:13 PM »

Baker endorsed jones

Charlie has a 70% approval rating, is loved by republicans, democrats, and independents, and is not a pedophile
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2017, 11:48:21 PM »

Baker endorsed jones

Charlie has a 70% approval rating, is loved by republicans, democrats, and independents, and is not a pedophile
Yeah, he's gonna win at least 60-40.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2017, 10:39:29 AM »

Baker endorsed jones

Nothing funnier than Democrats in "super blue" states that have to live with an incredibly popular REPUBLICAN governor that pisses them off. Smiley
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »

Baker endorsed jones

Nothing funnier than Democrats in "super blue" states that have to live with an incredibly popular REPUBLICAN governor that pisses them off. Smiley

Yeah, giving financial support to Roy Moore is so funny. Way to own the libs! Smiley

P.S. How's your incredibly popular Republican governor doing?
UncleSam

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2017, 04:15:18 PM »

I hope Baker wins. I think he's a really solid governor who helps moderate the worst impulses of the state Democratic Party while still respecting the will of the voters and recognizing that they want liberal policies enacted.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2017, 04:21:56 PM »

I hope Baker wins. I think he's a really solid governor who helps moderate the worst impulses of the state Democratic Party while still respecting the will of the voters and recognizing that they want liberal policies enacted.
This. no need to hope though, he's clearly going to win.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2017, 09:21:46 PM »

My take on the 2018 Massachusetts Governor's race. Charlie in a landslide. Anyone have any ideas or any towns i may have misranked?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2017, 09:32:47 PM »

My take on the 2018 Massachusetts Governor's race. Charlie in a landslide. Anyone have any ideas or any towns i may have misranked?

Assuming he wins by the margin you're expecting him to, he'll do better than that in the suburbs, and worse than that in the rural western towns. I don't see him winning Heath, for example. For the most part not entirely unrealistic though. I'm guessing you have Setti Warren as his opponent?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »

Assuming he wins by the margin you're expecting him to, he'll do better than that in the suburbs, and worse than that in the rural western towns. I don't see him winning Heath, for example. For the most part not entirely unrealistic though. I'm guessing you have Setti Warren as his opponent?

Yeah the Berkshire towns were kind of a crap shoot since I know nothing about them and I've never been there besides Lenox. But I did have Setti as the democrat nominee, so I had Newton more dem-leaning than Boston
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2017, 03:12:30 PM »

At least blue state voters aren't dumb enough to send a Republican to the Senate because of how supposedly "moderate", "populist" or "charismatic" they are.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2017, 03:30:32 PM »

At least blue state voters aren't dumb enough to send a Republican to the Senate because of how supposedly "moderate", "populist" or "charismatic" they are.

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?fips=25&year=2010&f=0&off=3&elect=7
https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/state.php?fips=23&year=2014&f=0&off=3&elect=0&class=2
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2017, 03:32:06 PM »

Scott Brown
PoliticalShelter
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2017, 03:33:39 PM »
« Edited: December 18, 2017, 03:43:01 PM by PoliticalShelter »

Scott Brown

You also forgetting Mark Kirk.

Also the GOP probably would have won Delaware had their primary voters not been complete morons.

Also They could have won California as well if, once again, republican primary voters had made the correct choice.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2017, 05:02:23 PM »

Sounds a lot like Alabama if you just reverse the parties. Tongue

But yeah, I'd definitely choose the Senators. Senators tend to be far more important than governors, unless you actually live in the state that the governor runs.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2017, 05:08:07 PM »

The whole world can't be boiled down to Generic R vs. Generic D, and I flatly reject the assertion that voters are "dumb" for preferring a moderate in DC working for their state.  If WV sends Manchin back to DC, it's because West Virginians want Joe Manchin as their Senator, and they don't care that he's a Democrat ... I would argue they'd actually be dumber to fall for the "a vote for Manchin is a vote for Schumer" line of reasoning, but I'm sure you'll disagree.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2017, 12:24:00 AM »

And yet he continues to fund Moore's campaign through his agreement with the RNC. A truly disgusting person.

Fake news. The RNC cut off funds to Moore.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2017, 05:00:59 AM »

And yet he continues to fund Moore's campaign through his agreement with the RNC. A truly disgusting person.

I think they resumed it (Susan Collins said she's disappointed in that on Face the Nation). However, I don't blame Baker for that. He's a fine person and comptenent governor. If I were living in Massachusetts, I'd vote for him easily.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2017, 05:15:24 AM »

Nope, they resumed it.
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2017, 05:53:06 PM »

Nope, they resumed it.
What's the point in arguing about this? the election is over and Moore lost.
Ye We Can
Mumph

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2017, 08:36:02 PM »

The whole world can't be boiled down to Generic R vs. Generic D, and I flatly reject the assertion that voters are "dumb" for preferring a moderate in DC working for their state.  If WV sends Manchin back to DC, it's because West Virginians want Joe Manchin as their Senator, and they don't care that he's a Democrat ... I would argue they'd actually be dumber to fall for the "a vote for Manchin is a vote for Schumer" line of reasoning, but I'm sure you'll disagree.

Not surprised that you would say something like that, RINO. Wink I guess it also depends on what your definition of "moderate" is. If even people like McCaskill and Tester count as "moderate" nowadays, then yeah, voting for them is pretty dumb if you're a Republican or a Republican-leaning voter. It makes just as little sense for a Democrat to vote for someone like Pat Toomey, Dean Heller or Rob Portman, but like I said before... most Democrats would actually never do that anyway.

Charlie Baker would never win a Senate race in MA, and quite frankly I'd never vote for him for Senate either if I were a Democrat.

What if he ran as a Libertarian with no Republican candidate?

... he'd do worse?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2018, 08:11:47 AM »

Baker is still ridiculously popular:

Approval Ratings:

Charlie Baker: 74-13

Donald Trump: 29-65

Baker also leads Democratic challengers by huge margins in favorability and name recognition:

http://www.wbur.org/news/2018/01/10/wbur-poll-baker-trump-warren
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2018, 01:47:29 PM »

Don’t quote me on this but I think trump is in trouble in massachusetts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to: