Moore foundation attorney to Don Lemon: 'Don Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:06:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Moore foundation attorney to Don Lemon: 'Don Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy'
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moore foundation attorney to Don Lemon: 'Don Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy'  (Read 1529 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 11, 2017, 06:18:56 PM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/359928-moore-attorney-calls-cnn-host-don-easy-peazy-lemon-squeazy

I want to go back to 2013.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 06:21:20 PM »

White Southern men think they can decide what black people get called.

He probably thinks he's being respectful simply by not calling Don "boy."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 06:27:04 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2017, 06:29:33 PM by Maxwell »

i hate these people. sexual assault of a minor is not a joke.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »
« Edited: November 11, 2017, 07:18:42 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

No, it's not. For these people, it's a political weapon to bash people over the head with. If "their" guy gets caught, either deflect and remind everybody else about some guy ostensibly on the other side that did the same thing (which makes it okay to support your guy, somehow, despite doing the same thing) or just start calling people names I guess.

We can never hope to achieve the level of enlightenment these paragons of virtue have reached. We'll never understand it.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 07:32:29 PM »

No, it's not. For these people, it's a political weapon to bash people over the head with. If "their" guy gets caught, either deflect and remind everybody else about some guy ostensibly on the other side that did the same thing (which makes it okay to support your guy, somehow, despite doing the same thing) or just start calling people names I guess.

We can never hope to achieve the level of enlightenment these paragons of virtue have reached. We'll never understand it.

True enough.

Moore's attorney was pretty classless in calling Lemon names.  That being said, Lemon is one of the worst cases of a "newsman" with an activist leftist agenda.  I have no respect for Lemon as a "journalist"; he's a pundit in disguise.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 12:00:11 AM »

True enough.

Moore's attorney was pretty classless in calling Lemon names.  That being said, Lemon is one of the worst cases of a "newsman" with an activist leftist agenda.  I have no respect for Lemon as a "journalist"; he's a pundit in disguise.

And Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson aren't?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 12:03:19 AM »

He pretends to be a journalist far more than either of those two, who are pretty clear that they are entertainment/commentary personalities.

Also, whataboutery.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 12:26:49 AM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 07:34:33 AM »

True enough.

Hannity isn't a "journalist"; he's a pundit.  No one thinks he's an objective journalist.

Tucker Carlson is a pundit; his show is about "opinion", rather than "news".

Don Lemon, on the other hand, is a CNN News Anchor; that's a different role.  He has an agenda he brings to it.  And, yes, he loathes Christians.  He's a pundit in a journalist's role.  Make of that what you will.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 12:32:22 PM »

Beat me to it Angry
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 01:48:05 PM »

Beat me to it Angry
The racial identity politics circlejerk continues...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 07:58:02 PM »

True enough.

Hannity isn't a "journalist"; he's a pundit.  No one thinks he's an objective journalist.

Don Lemon, on the other hand, is a CNN News Anchor; that's a different role.  He has an agenda he brings to it.  And, yes, he loathes Christians.  He's a pundit in a journalist's role.  Make of that what you will.

Wha? Huh

Citation needed, FB
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 01:13:17 AM »

True enough.

Wha? Huh

Citation needed, FB

I've listened to Lemon enough; when I was stuck with SlingTV instead of Comcast, CNN was the network I had for news.  Period.  So I got to listen to a lot of Don Lemon during the 2016 campaign, and he never fails to slant segments about fundamentalist Christians in a negative way.  It's not like he goes on rants; it's his constant slanting that he thinks folks won't notice.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

He's called belief in the Bible "naive and dangerous".  Make what you will of that, but that's certainly anti-Fundamentalist. 

Mr. Lemon appears to believe that the Bible justifies Gay Marriage.  Now whatever one thinks about that subject, there is no reasonable way to show that the Bible justifies SSM.  To claim this is to make something out of whole cloth.  (And, no, I'm not a real big Kim Davis fan; she's an attention-seeker the way she went about dealing with the marriage license issue in her job.)  But Mr. Lemon doesn't believe in the whole Bible, so why should anyone read it on his say-so?  Which parts are authoritative and which aren't?

I've heard enough.  Lemon's a pundit.  Not a jounalist.  And not without bias.  That's OK for a pundit, but not a journalist.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 03:03:22 AM »

Damn, strong signature. Hopefully Alabama can find its moral compass and make sure Roy Moore does not get elected to the Senate.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 07:04:37 PM »

Fundamentalist Christians are not saved.  They will burn in the lake of fire for their transgressions.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 07:22:07 PM »

Fundamentalist Christians are not saved.  They will burn in the lake of fire for their transgressions.

I suppose if Senator Scott were God, this would be true. 

Senator Scott doesn't love the World as God, the Father does, so I'm not sweating this issue.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 07:29:24 PM »

Senator Scott doesn't love the World as God, the Father does, so I'm not sweating this issue.

I am simply quoting scripture.  John 22:10.

Now, if you turn to your Bible, you will see that John 22:10 probably does not exist in your edition.  This is because I have added it myself under the divine instruction of the Lord.

Repent, sinner, and you too might be saved.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 07:44:11 PM »

True enough.

Wha? Huh

Citation needed, FB

I've listened to Lemon enough; when I was stuck with SlingTV instead of Comcast, CNN was the network I had for news.  Period.  So I got to listen to a lot of Don Lemon during the 2016 campaign, and he never fails to slant segments about fundamentalist Christians in a negative way.  It's not like he goes on rants; it's his constant slanting that he thinks folks won't notice.

He's called belief in the Bible "naive and dangerous".  Make what you will of that, but that's certainly anti-Fundamentalist. 

Mr. Lemon appears to believe that the Bible justifies Gay Marriage.  Now whatever one thinks about that subject, there is no reasonable way to show that the Bible justifies SSM.  To claim this is to make something out of whole cloth.  (And, no, I'm not a real big Kim Davis fan; she's an attention-seeker the way she went about dealing with the marriage license issue in her job.)  But Mr. Lemon doesn't believe in the whole Bible, so why should anyone read it on his say-so?  Which parts are authoritative and which aren't?

I've heard enough.  Lemon's a pundit.  Not a jounalist.  And not without bias.  That's OK for a pundit, but not a journalist.

"As I got older...I had a sort of epiphany: the Bible was about the lessons you learned, not
about the events or words.

When I became old enough, intelligent enough and logical enough to discern the difference
between metaphor and reality, everything changed. I realized that Jonah living in the belly
of a whale was a parable written in the same vein as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. saying
that he had 'been to the mountaintop.'

Neither Jonah nor King had actually been to those places. They were metaphors for
lessons for those of us who cared to absorb them.

So many of us, especially in the black community and in churches, tend to think that
religious teachings happened word for word as they were written in Scripture. I think
that's naïve, even dangerous."

Emphasis added.

Yes, he states that literal belief that the Earth was created in 7 days/168 hours, Pi equals 3, etc. is naive, even dangerous. To most of us Christians, that's NOT the same as "belief in the Bible".
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 09:17:52 PM »
« Edited: November 14, 2017, 09:21:07 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

True enough.

Moore's attorney was pretty classless in calling Lemon names.  That being said, Lemon is one of the worst cases of a "newsman" with an activist leftist agenda. I have no respect for Lemon as a "journalist"; he's a pundit in disguise.

Hannity isn't a "journalist"; he's a pundit.  No one thinks he's an objective journalist.

Don Lemon, on the other hand, is a CNN News Anchor; that's a different role.  He has an agenda he brings to it. And, yes, he loathes Christians.  He's a pundit in a journalist's role.  Make of that what you will.

Wha? Huh

Citation needed, FB

I've listened to Lemon enough; when I was stuck with SlingTV instead of Comcast, CNN was the network I had for news.  Period.  So I got to listen to a lot of Don Lemon during the 2016 campaign, and he never fails to slant segments about fundamentalist Christians in a negative way.  It's not like he goes on rants; it's his constant slanting that he thinks folks won't notice.

He's called belief in the Bible "naive and dangerous".  Make what you will of that, but that's certainly anti-Fundamentalist.  

Mr. Lemon appears to believe that the Bible justifies Gay Marriage.  Now whatever one thinks about that subject, there is no reasonable way to show that the Bible justifies SSM.  To claim this is to make something out of whole cloth.  (And, no, I'm not a real big Kim Davis fan; she's an attention-seeker the way she went about dealing with the marriage license issue in her job.)  But Mr. Lemon doesn't believe in the whole Bible, so why should anyone read it on his say-so?  Which parts are authoritative and which aren't?

I've heard enough.  Lemon's a pundit.  Not a jounalist.  And not without bias.  That's OK for a pundit, but not a journalist.

"As I got older...I had a sort of epiphany: the Bible was about the lessons you learned, not

When I became old enough, intelligent enough and logical enough to discern the difference
between metaphor and reality, everything changed. I realized that Jonah living in the belly
of a whale was a parable written in the same vein as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. saying

Neither Jonah nor King had actually been to those places. They were metaphors for

So many of us, especially in the black community and in churches, tend to think that
religious teachings happened word for word as they were written in Scripture. I think

Emphasis added.

Yes, he states that literal belief that the Earth was created in 7 days/168 hours, Pi equals 3, etc. is naive, even dangerous. To most of us Christians, that's NOT the same as "belief in the Bible".

Don Lemon wants Christians to say that homosexuality isn't a sin.  That's his bottom line.

I'll love the sinner, but I won't sign off on the sin.  By that, I mean that I won't say that Scripture says this is OK.  I'm not the enforcer of public morals, and I really don't care what folks do in their own bedrooms, but I'm not going to say that God DOESN'T care, because Scripture says that He does.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 11:49:45 PM »

This is the same guy who just wrote this:
https://www.facebook.com/stevedeace/posts/846188198894554
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 11:57:10 PM »

I am simply quoting scripture.  John 22:10.

Now, if you turn to your Bible, you will see that John 22:10 probably does not exist in your edition.  This is because I have added it myself under the divine instruction of the Lord.

Repent, sinner, and you too might be saved.

A prophet for the rest of us!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2017, 09:22:59 AM »

True enough.

Moore's attorney was pretty classless in calling Lemon names.  That being said, Lemon is one of the worst cases of a "newsman" with an activist leftist agenda. I have no respect for Lemon as a "journalist"; he's a pundit in disguise.

Hannity isn't a "journalist"; he's a pundit.  No one thinks he's an objective journalist.

Don Lemon, on the other hand, is a CNN News Anchor; that's a different role.  He has an agenda he brings to it. And, yes, he loathes Christians.  He's a pundit in a journalist's role.  Make of that what you will.

Wha? Huh

Citation needed, FB

I've listened to Lemon enough; when I was stuck with SlingTV instead of Comcast, CNN was the network I had for news.  Period.  So I got to listen to a lot of Don Lemon during the 2016 campaign, and he never fails to slant segments about fundamentalist Christians in a negative way.  It's not like he goes on rants; it's his constant slanting that he thinks folks won't notice.

He's called belief in the Bible "naive and dangerous".  Make what you will of that, but that's certainly anti-Fundamentalist.  

Mr. Lemon appears to believe that the Bible justifies Gay Marriage.  Now whatever one thinks about that subject, there is no reasonable way to show that the Bible justifies SSM.  To claim this is to make something out of whole cloth.  (And, no, I'm not a real big Kim Davis fan; she's an attention-seeker the way she went about dealing with the marriage license issue in her job.)  But Mr. Lemon doesn't believe in the whole Bible, so why should anyone read it on his say-so?  Which parts are authoritative and which aren't?

I've heard enough.  Lemon's a pundit.  Not a jounalist.  And not without bias.  That's OK for a pundit, but not a journalist.

Emphasis added.

Don Lemon wants Christians to say that homosexuality isn't a sin.  That's his bottom line.

I'll love the sinner, but I won't sign off on the sin.  By that, I mean that I won't say that Scripture says this is OK.  I'm not the enforcer of public morals, and I really don't care what folks do in their own bedrooms, but I'm not going to say that God DOESN'T care, because Scripture says that He does.

You're putting a lot of eggs into one basket here, FB. While I have no doubt that lemon includes the prohibitions on homosexuality among Those portions of scripture that fundamentalists seek to interpret with Absolut literalism oh, his statement goes way way beyond that. For example, do we truly believe that all humanity is descended from two people? Do we truly believe that all animal life in the planet are descended from couples hurted by one family onto a giant Lifeboat and kept alive for 40 days? Or these Parables given by God to understand a greater message about God's divinity and creation of us his children?

With that, I'm simply going to note that, even assuming the ample theological scholarship from Mainline Christian denominations finding homosexuality not incompatible with Christian scripture, as opposed to Leviticus prohibitions on the practice along with divorce, consumption of shellfish and pork, Etc and other prohibitions against rape often misconstrued to condemn homosexuality per se, are all false, the selective ism among the most modern fundamentalists is appalling. Simply put if fundamentalist truly believed what they preach about the in violability of their interpretation of the Bible and necessity to an force it in legislation oh, and other religions or even Christian sects be damned, it's amazing how their concerns seem to stop at the water's edge for social issues, particularly gay marriage. The fundamentalists seat to outlawed divorce? What about the strict fundamentalist scriptures that clearly insert sarcasm clearly I say prohibit interracial marriage. It was only those liberal revisionist that rewrote God's obvious will. Not to mention that the Bible emphatically and repeatedly says 20 times more about the importance of loving my fellow man caring for those in need oh, and disdaining wealth ever mention homosexuality and the submissive nature of wives to their husbands. Frankly, every one of them would be outright socialists.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2017, 02:44:43 PM »

Considering their situation, more like difficult difficult lemon difficult.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies