Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:49:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142965 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: November 25, 2017, 05:00:51 PM »

I would like to remind everyone that Roy Moore only beat Bob Vance by 4 points in 2012. Vance replaced the disqualified Democratic candidate at the last minute.

The race wasn't nationalized like this one is. Moore didn't have the support of an extremely popular (in Alabama) incumbent Republican president either. Also, tribalism and polarization have increased heavily even since 2012. Akin and Mourdock would not have been thrown to the wolves these days.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1001 on: November 25, 2017, 05:01:59 PM »

I never said all Alabamans or West Virginians are racists. Just the majority.
Yep you’re definitely a social justice warrior who hates white Christian conservatives.

How exactly did you get "white Christian conservatives" from "racists"? Guilty conscience?
Again this is why you’re a social justice warrior you actually think Alabama and West Virginia is all racist white Christians,yet you fail to mention how West Virginia just 20 years ago was one of the most democrat states in the whole country.

I mean, obviously there's a lot of overlap in those two groups. But no, not every white Christian conservative is a racist.

And that was before a black guy was president. Once he was re-elected that was the last straw for Racist WV Hicks, who now see the entire Democratic Party as an anti-white hate group. That's why their 2016 gubernatorial election was between two Republicans and why Manchin is going to get Blanched.
So did you just admit the democrat party is racist? Or did you admit thanks to obama you lost coal mining vote for ever?

By the way there are millions of Kerry-obama-obama-trump voters.

Also no whites are not racist but I’m telling you this right now the two most racist people in America are David Duke and Colin kaepernick. They both hate America and what America stands for.

No, the Racist WV Hicks were willing to overlook the Democratic Party's decreasing racism until they took the unforgivable step of actually electing (and then, to add insult to injury, having the gall to RE-ELECT) a black guy.
Oh really explain to me how obama did better in West Virginia then John kerry then.
And obama did 6 points better then Hillary in West Virginia.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1002 on: November 25, 2017, 05:03:31 PM »

Yep you’re definitely a social justice warrior who hates white Christian conservatives.

How exactly did you get "white Christian conservatives" from "racists"? Guilty conscience?
Again this is why you’re a social justice warrior you actually think Alabama and West Virginia is all racist white Christians,yet you fail to mention how West Virginia just 20 years ago was one of the most democrat states in the whole country.

I mean, obviously there's a lot of overlap in those two groups. But no, not every white Christian conservative is a racist.

And that was before a black guy was president. Once he was re-elected that was the last straw for Racist WV Hicks, who now see the entire Democratic Party as an anti-white hate group. That's why their 2016 gubernatorial election was between two Republicans and why Manchin is going to get Blanched.
So did you just admit the democrat party is racist? Or did you admit thanks to obama you lost coal mining vote for ever?

Also no whites are not racist but I’m telling you this right now the two most racist people in America are David Duke and Colin kaepernick. They both hate America and what America stands for.

More people are employed by Arby's in America than the entire coal industry, so I don't know what makes losing their votes such a big deal.

Because the plight of a single unemployed white coal miner > the plight of thousands of minorities working at Arby's, duh!
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1003 on: November 25, 2017, 05:04:26 PM »

Jones would have a chance, were it not for IceSpear single-handedly destroying the Alabama Democratic Party
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1004 on: November 25, 2017, 05:06:45 PM »

Jones would have a chance, were it not for IceSpear single-handedly destroying the Alabama Democratic Party

They didn't need my help on that. Look at their wonderful slate of candidates in 2014. Nobody (D) vs. Jeff Sessions and Parker Griffith (D/R/I/D) vs. Bentley.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1005 on: November 25, 2017, 05:07:04 PM »

I agree
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1006 on: November 25, 2017, 05:08:20 PM »

They didn't need my help on that. Look at their wonderful slate of candidates in 2014. Nobody (D) vs. Jeff Sessions and Parker Griffith (D/R/I/D) vs. Bentley.
Are you scared because you haven’t responded to my post about how you lost key states thanks to losing the coal mining vote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1007 on: November 25, 2017, 05:10:25 PM »

Are you scared because you haven’t responded to my post about how you lost key states thanks to losing the coal mining vote.

I think you missed the point of the Arby's post. Very few people in those regions are coal miners.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1008 on: November 25, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »

Yeah, but I single-handedly defeated Kelly Ayotte, so it's a draw.
LOL while I don’t like the hate to New Hampshire at least you don’t call them racist like icespear does to West Virginia and Alabama.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1009 on: November 25, 2017, 05:11:53 PM »

I think you missed the point of the Arby's post. Very few people in those regions are coal miners.
So you don’t think losing Southwest Pennsylvania cost hillary Pennsylvania?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1010 on: November 25, 2017, 05:12:57 PM »

LOL while I don’t like the hate to New Hampshire at least you don’t call them racist like icespear does to West Virginia and Alabama.

A state can't be racist. All states have racists, some more than others, and some MUCH more than others (like Alabama and West Virginia, for instance. Smiley)
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1011 on: November 25, 2017, 05:15:16 PM »

A state can't be racist. All states have racists, some more than others, and some MUCH more than others (like Alabama and West Virginia, for instance. Smiley)
Okay maybe 1-3% of both Alabama and West Virginia are racist but still why attack half or most of the people in that state?
Nichlemn

« Reply #1012 on: November 25, 2017, 05:16:44 PM »

I'm not sure that you can really learn all that much by coming up with parallels to other races. For every Todd Akin, there's a Scott DesJarlais.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1013 on: November 25, 2017, 05:17:15 PM »

Moore is definitely going to get a bounce in the polls from Trump.

He definitely helped Strange /s
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1014 on: November 25, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »

I would like to remind everyone that Roy Moore only beat Bob Vance by 4 points in 2012. Vance replaced the disqualified Democratic candidate at the last minute.

The race wasn't nationalized like this one is. Moore didn't have the support of an extremely popular (in Alabama) incumbent Republican president either. Also, tribalism and polarization have increased heavily even since 2012. Akin and Mourdock would not have been thrown to the wolves these days.
Absolutely none of this makes any sense, but I find that bolded point to be the most criminally absurd of the lot. Surely you have evidence for this?
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1015 on: November 25, 2017, 05:17:35 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2017, 05:21:09 PM by Tartarus Sauce »

More people are employed by Arby's in America than the entire coal industry, so I don't know what makes losing their votes such a big deal.
Well by losing the coal mining vote it makes it way harder for Virginia to go solid democrat.
It makes West Virginia gone for ever.
It makes Ohio go from a toss up swing state to a leaning republican battleground.
It makes Pennsylvania go from lean democrat to pure toss up
It also turned Kentucky possibly permanently republican
So tell me does that sound worth it to you?

You're confused, they didn't lose ground in those states due to coal mining voters, there aren't enough coal mining voters to swing any election in those states, not even West Virginia. The decline of coal towns is an evocative symbol of the greater decline of blue-collar working class and middle class opportunities in manufacturing and resource extraction industries, and these voters feel left behind and certainly don't like the environmentalism that has been embraced by the Democratic Party. But that's a much larger group of people that has been lost than just "coal miners."

The real reasons the Democrats lost ground in those states is because of the high concentration of White Christians, of which a significant faction of the group have coalesced into a highly tribalistic identity that is deeply anxious about the demographic and economic shifts occurring in the country. The Democrats have embraced these shifts, while the Republicans have taken a bullhorn under Trump that projects the anxieties of White Christian America onto the national stage.

It's not because of "coal miners."

PS: Virginia won't have much trouble going solid Democrat.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1016 on: November 25, 2017, 05:20:50 PM »

Well by losing the coal mining vote it makes it way harder for Virginia to go solid democrat.
It makes Ohio go from a toss up swing state to a leaning republican battleground.

You're confused, they didn't lose those states due to coal mining voters, there aren't enough coal mining voters to swing any election in those states, not even West Virginia. The decline of coal towns is an evocative symbol of the greater decline of blue-collar working class and middle class opportunities in manufacturing and resource extraction industries, and these voters feel left behind and certainly don't like the environmentalism that has been embraced by the Democratic Party. But that's a much larger group of people that has been lost than just "coal miners."

The real reasons the Democrats lost ground in those states is because of the high concentration of White Christians, of which a significant faction of the group have coalesced into a highly tribalistic identity that is deeply anxious about the demographic and economic shifts occurring in the country. The Democrats have embraced these shifts, while the Republicans have taken a bullhorn under Trump that projects the anxieties of White Christian America onto the national stage.

You realize that 20 years ago all of Southwest Pennsylvania voted democrat right?
Also there are more then 50,000 coal miners in Pennsylvania who probably voted obama-trump if they had voted obama-hillary then she would have won Pennsylvania.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1017 on: November 25, 2017, 05:23:56 PM »

Moore is definitely going to get a bounce in the polls from Trump.

He definitely helped Strange /s

I think it goes without saying that a primary is a much different dynamic than a general election. When it's choosing between two Republicans, it really doesn't matter much if you "defy" your God Emperor. But to do so by voting for a Democrat, especially when every tribal urge in your body is already telling you to vote for the pedo? Trump's "permission" to support Moore will definitely suffice for many Alabama voters.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1018 on: November 25, 2017, 05:25:19 PM »

Absolutely none of this makes any sense, but I find that bolded point to be the most criminally absurd of the lot. Surely you have evidence for this?

If you can't grasp the simple concepts of "nationalized race" and "popular president", I'm not sure there's a point in elaborating.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #1019 on: November 25, 2017, 05:27:12 PM »

You're confused, they didn't lose those states due to coal mining voters, there aren't enough coal mining voters to swing any election in those states, not even West Virginia. The decline of coal towns is an evocative symbol of the greater decline of blue-collar working class and middle class opportunities in manufacturing and resource extraction industries, and these voters feel left behind and certainly don't like the environmentalism that has been embraced by the Democratic Party. But that's a much larger group of people that has been lost than just "coal miners."

You realize that 20 years ago all of Southwest Pennsylvania voted democrat right?
Also there are more then 50,000 coal miners in Pennsylvania who probably voted obama-trump if they had voted obama-hillary then she would have won Pennsylvania.

You do realize there were a lot more coal miners there 20 years ago right?

Coal mining is a dying industry because more effective means of energy can be refined more cheaply than coal. Yeah, current coal miners and former coal miners blame environmentalism for killing coal, but it was actually natural gas and oil that sealed its fate.

It doesn't matter either. Even if Democrats relabled themselves the coal party, these regions would still not vote Democrat because the Democrats have become the party that White Christian America hates because they represent the changes they fear. Advocating for coal will not bring these voters back into the fold for the Democrats, the political environment has shifted since the late 90s and early 2000s.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1020 on: November 25, 2017, 06:27:05 PM »

You do realize there were a lot more coal miners there 20 years ago right?

Coal mining is a dying industry because more effective means of energy can be refined more cheaply than coal. Yeah, current coal miners and former coal miners blame environmentalism for killing coal, but it was actually natural gas and oil that sealed its fate.

It doesn't matter either. Even if Democrats relabled themselves the coal party, these regions would still not vote Democrat because the Democrats have become the party that White Christian America hates because they represent the changes they fear. Advocating for coal will not bring these voters back into the fold for the Democrats, the political environment has shifted since the late 90s and early 2000s.
You’re right the democrats have changed into the party of social justice warriors that hates Christians.

If the democrats tomorrow became the party of social conservativism but FDR economically the it would be almost impossible for the republicans to win anywhere.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1021 on: November 25, 2017, 06:29:35 PM »

"Social justice warriors that hate Christians" is just another way of saying you hate equal rights for people who aren't you. Sorry.
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1022 on: November 25, 2017, 06:35:25 PM »

"Social justice warriors that hate Christians" is just another way of saying you hate equal rights for people who aren't you. Sorry.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1023 on: November 25, 2017, 06:58:35 PM »

Bull crap!
If the democrats were pro life and pro gun,then moderate on gay rights know how much better they would do.

They would be winning North Carolina all the time and Georgia would be where North Carolina is right now.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1024 on: November 25, 2017, 07:27:02 PM »

How about taking the social justice debate and other non-Alabama topics to another thread?  At this rate, we're going to need a 3rd edition of this one before election day.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies