Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:11:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 143095 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: November 16, 2017, 03:56:43 PM »

Moore just held a press conference and the front of his podium featured a picture of the Ten Commandments. He sure knows how to pander to the idiots that will allow him to use religion to justify being a pedophile.

God will judge him.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #426 on: November 16, 2017, 04:32:18 PM »

There was no reason for Ivey to play along with a scheme that was bound to fail. Legally, Strange doesn't have an individual term that is different than the one that he was appointed to and therefore him resigning wouldn't reset the clock.
Hydera

« Reply #427 on: November 16, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »

Moore just held a press conference and the front of his podium featured a picture of the Ten Commandments. He sure knows how to pander to the idiots that will allow him to use religion to justify being a pedophile.

For a second i thought he was going to drop out in that press conference/rally/whatever that was in the first few mins.

Until he kept talking.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #428 on: November 16, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »

It's clear at this point that the next senator will be either Jones or Moore.  There are no other realistic options.  I still think that Jones winning is a less bad option for the GOP in the long run.
Greedo punched first
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #429 on: November 16, 2017, 04:47:40 PM »

It's clear at this point that the next senator will be either Jones or Moore.  There are no other realistic options.  I still think that Jones winning is a less bad option for the GOP in the long run.
But Moore will still win.
EnglishPete

« Reply #430 on: November 16, 2017, 05:00:24 PM »

And for anyone wondering why the 40 year old ink and the recent ink would look the same shade when  the page was directly facing the viewer whilst looking quite different when held up towards the light check this thread

https://twitter.com/ThomasWictor/status/930879809919467520

Yup. You'll need a far fetched conspiracy theory here to explain how Moore managed to write an inscription where half way through his own name he not only changes ink but also changes his handwriting.

Either 1. He changed pens half way through signing his name and at the same time had a minor seizure that somehow altered his handwriting

2. Putin's agents bribed CNN to put out a photoshopped image of the yearbook to make it look like a forgery

or 3. Its a forgery

Occam's Razor would rather suggest the latter
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #431 on: November 16, 2017, 05:50:20 PM »

Pete open your heart and accept that Flawless Beautiful Doug Yellow heart is leading Pedobear by 8 in the latest Fox poll
EnglishPete

« Reply #432 on: November 16, 2017, 05:51:49 PM »

Pete open your heart and accept that Flawless Beautiful Doug Yellow heart is leading Pedobear by 8 in the latest Fox poll

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #433 on: November 16, 2017, 05:53:18 PM »

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #434 on: November 16, 2017, 05:54:46 PM »

The 7s are quite curious though, aren't they? They're not even close to the same.
EnglishPete

« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2017, 06:02:34 PM »

A conspiracy by Vladimir Putin and the Illuminati to make CNN publish a doctored photo that made it look like everything after 'Ray' was written with different handwriting with totally different ink?

Could be. Or it could just be a bog standard scam.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2017, 06:02:54 PM »

OK, now that I’ve seen the Fox poll I’m more open to agreeing that Jones is ahead - at the moment. Will be very interesting to see if this is still the case at the start of December. Two weeks is a heck of a long time. (Of course, Jones could be +20 by that point...)
UncleSam

« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2017, 06:29:18 PM »

I mean even if it is forged (and I've not seen any conclusive evidence of this), there's no doubt that Moore harassed and stalked teenage girls repeatedly while both ADA and DA, and there's no denying that he was banned from his local mall over his conduct. While he may not have done anything technically illegal (though I believe the women who accuse him of attempted rape), that doesn't make him eligible for the US Senate.

I do wish Jones were a bit more moderate though - there would be a much better chance of an all-out embrace of his candidacy by Republicans like Collins, Murkowski, Gardner, and probably even McConnell after a point if he were pro-life and in the Heitkamp-Manchin wing of the party. Jones still is no better than even money imo, however, and even in the event he wins I see no real future for him as a senator from Alabama.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #438 on: November 16, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »

You know what I’m not buying this new poll the reason is because.....

It has Jeff Sessions and trump at worse approval ratings then Doug Jones,there is no way Jeff Sessions is at only
51-40 approval.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #439 on: November 16, 2017, 06:50:27 PM »

It has Jeff Sessions and trump at worse approval ratings then Doug Jones,there is no way Jeff Sessions is at only
51-40 approval.

I mean, there's really no reason to dislike Jones other than him being a Democrat. He probably also has some cred for prosecuting those KKK members.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #440 on: November 16, 2017, 07:00:43 PM »

51-40 approval.

I mean, there's really no reason to dislike Jones other than him being a Democrat. He probably also has some cred for prosecuting those KKK members.
True but that still doesn’t explain about the meh approval rating of Jeff Sessions.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #441 on: November 16, 2017, 07:05:03 PM »

51-40 approval.

True but that still doesn’t explain about the meh approval rating of Jeff Sessions.

Trump and Sessions have been at odds over Sessions recusing himself from the Russia investigation.  This may have some spillover effect.  The most partisan Trump fans may not view Sessions that favorably, and vice versa.  That would make these numbers quite plausible.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #442 on: November 16, 2017, 07:07:09 PM »

I think the poll numbers could be because the more extreme right wingers aren't responding to pollsters which leads to more dems and moderates in the sample. The favourable numbers of Jones vs Sessions and Trump vs Obama doesnt quite sound right
EnglishPete

« Reply #443 on: November 16, 2017, 07:12:13 PM »

I mean even if it is forged (and I've not seen any conclusive evidence of this), there's no doubt that Moore harassed and stalked teenage girls repeatedly while both ADA and DA, and there's no denying that he was banned from his local mall over his conduct.

There's not only doubt but there's no evidence for any of that either, unless you count this shifty looking bozo who claims he was a mall employee at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEouLsW2AVc

The actual manager of the mall at the time says he wasn't banned

http://www.wbrc.com/clip/13905910/former-gadsden-mall-manager-says-roy-moore-wasnt-banned
rafta_rafta

« Reply #444 on: November 16, 2017, 07:22:14 PM »

Most of the events happened in the late 70s. This guy was a manager from 1981. Even then his statement was hardly emphatic. He said he couldn't remember there being a ban
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #445 on: November 16, 2017, 07:22:59 PM »

I can buy Jones ahead. I’d be skeptical of +8
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #446 on: November 16, 2017, 07:24:19 PM »

Curious that the Democrats would chose to deploy their "Frame a Republican for statutory rape, fooling everyone but /pol/ ace detectives" trump card in the one state where the Republican would still have a decent chance of winning. I would've used the wide array of paid-off witnesses on say, Pat Toomey instead.

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #447 on: November 16, 2017, 07:37:34 PM »

Is there a good explanation why Moore's campaign isn't on the air? Did he run ads in his past campaigns for judge or rely on free media? That seems like gross incompetence.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #448 on: November 16, 2017, 07:46:20 PM »

I think the poll numbers could be because the more extreme right wingers aren't responding to pollsters which leads to more dems and moderates in the sample. The favourable numbers of Jones vs Sessions and Trump vs Obama doesnt quite sound right
That’s exactly how I feel.
The race right now is tilting republican.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #449 on: November 16, 2017, 07:47:52 PM »

Is there a good explanation why Moore's campaign isn't on the air? Did he run ads in his past campaigns for judge or rely on free media? That seems like gross incompetence.
He doesn't raise his own money he relied on the RNC for money and with pulling out he is being outspent 11 to 1 by Jones who's benefiting from #resistance monster fundraising we have been seeing since Ossoff
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies