Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:13:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 75
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 142943 times)
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: November 20, 2017, 01:07:38 PM »

There's an argument to be made that anyone who defends Roy Moore is a predator.
Once again how am I a predator?
UncleSam

« Reply #676 on: November 20, 2017, 01:07:53 PM »

I mean if the choice were between a liberal who had done these things and a candidate who did not share their values I would not expect voters in, say, California to pick the Republican because it was 'the right thing to do' and then feign moral outrage and lambaste the citizens of that state for voting for their beliefs in a pragmatic fashion.

Now I personally hope this does not happen, but the attacks against the voters of Alabama by partisan hacks itt are the epitome of disingenuous. If Bob Menendez had been convicted no one here wanted him expelled immediately, and why should you have? Your party could've saved a seat by stalling for a few months, a seat critical to legislative successes in the coming year or so.

While I don't think corruption is on the same level as pedophilia, I also don't think a conviction for a crime is on the same level as being accused of a crime.

Basically stop calling people denigrating names for voting based on their beliefs and refusing to vote for someone who does not share those beliefs.

"There's nothing wrong with voting for a pedophile!!!"

We have reached peak Republican.

"You're an elitist and worse than pedophiles if you bash people that vote for pedophiles!" - Multiple Atlas users have said unironically.
No, you're not. Youre just the reason that liberals are despised by a vast swath of the country.

Obama never bashed folks who disagreed with him, he rallied his supporters to talk to them and try to give them hope for the future.

I think Clinton took the party to an unfortunate place that has shifted it from one distasteful based on policy to one despised based on culture by rural America. Maybe that will be enough to win given high liberal turnout next November; for the sake of those on Medicaid I hope so. But I have my doubts that Democrats will ever win anywhere near the majorities they won during the Obama years while they insist on treating those with different beliefs like universal trailer trash. In many ways, your self-defeatism in places like West Virginia is a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #677 on: November 20, 2017, 01:08:26 PM »

Despite the lack of polling their is definitely a feel this has swung back to Moore.
I feel the same way.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #678 on: November 20, 2017, 01:09:39 PM »

I mean if the choice were between a liberal who had done these things and a candidate who did not share their values I would not expect voters in, say, California to pick the Republican because it was 'the right thing to do' and then feign moral outrage and lambaste the citizens of that state for voting for their beliefs in a pragmatic fashion.

Now I personally hope this does not happen, but the attacks against the voters of Alabama by partisan hacks itt are the epitome of disingenuous. If Bob Menendez had been convicted no one here wanted him expelled immediately, and why should you have? Your party could've saved a seat by stalling for a few months, a seat critical to legislative successes in the coming year or so.

While I don't think corruption is on the same level as pedophilia, I also don't think a conviction for a crime is on the same level as being accused of a crime.

Basically stop calling people denigrating names for voting based on their beliefs and refusing to vote for someone who does not share those beliefs.

"You're an elitist and worse than pedophiles if you bash people that vote for pedophiles!" - Multiple Atlas users have said unironically.

Oh, and calling those said people "predators" or "right-wing crazies" is worse than anything Fox News has done or said or labelled people as.
When did Fox News ever label people the way you claim?
UncleSam

« Reply #679 on: November 20, 2017, 01:10:37 PM »

I appreciate Jones' honesty in this matter, though. At least he isn't pretending to be pro-life like Manchin, Donnelly, Heitkamp, etc. even if it hurts him politically in a state like AL.
This is true. This makes him way better in my eyes than, say, Romney as MA governor, who gave lip service to being a moderate then flipped all of his positions once he decided to run for president. If Jones wins and votes as a mainstream liberal, he cannot be accused of flip-flopping. The parallels to Scott Brown are pretty strong minus the scandals.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #680 on: November 20, 2017, 01:12:52 PM »

The names people call Alabama Republicans on this forum are much nicer than the things said about liberals every day on Fox News.
Really what does Fox News call liberals?

You and others have called me a rapist a predator a right wing crazy and others.

Two of those three things are true.
I've never seen anything on Fox News (admittedly I literally only see it briefly while visiting my parents) about liberals anywhere near as insulting as this particular statement. As far as I'm aware they typically describe liberals as things like 'anti-American' or 'crazies'. Never seen people called sexual predators though outside of Bill Clinton, who almost certainly was.

Anyway if you don't like Greedo's posts just put him on ignore, the notion that you'll do anything other than make things worse by bashing and borderline verbally abusing a 16 (?) year old on the internet is lunacy.
Fox News said so many liberals were defending Harvey Weinstein when they were not.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #681 on: November 20, 2017, 01:14:38 PM »

Why is Moore leading in Predicitt again?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #682 on: November 20, 2017, 01:18:04 PM »

No, you're not. Youre just the reason that liberals are despised by a vast swath of the country.

Obama never bashed folks who disagreed with him, he rallied his supporters to talk to them and try to give them hope for the future.

I think Clinton took the party to an unfortunate place that has shifted it from one distasteful based on policy to one despised based on culture by rural America. Maybe that will be enough to win given high liberal turnout next November; for the sake of those on Medicaid I hope so. But I have my doubts that Democrats will ever win anywhere near the majorities they won during the Obama years while they insist on treating those with different beliefs like universal trailer trash. In many ways, your self-defeatism in places like West Virginia is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

People who rationalize voting for pedophiles deserve to be bashed. They're objectively deplorables. Sorry, you can't handwave it away with "muh beliefs and muh culture."

And if bashing pedo voters makes them despise you, then so be it. It's not as if voters that tribal and hackish were ever winnable to begin with.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #683 on: November 20, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »

Despite the lack of polling their is definitely a feel this has swung back to Moore.

Why is Moore leading in Predicitt again?

Everyone is starting to see the truth now for some reason. But Moore was always inevitable, and look at the abuse I got for saying it...
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #684 on: November 20, 2017, 01:22:51 PM »

People who rationalize voting for pedophiles deserve to be bashed. They're objectively deplorables. Sorry, you can't handwave it away with "muh beliefs and muh culture."

And if bashing pedo voters makes them despise you, then so be it. It's not as if voters that tribal and hackish were ever winnable to begin with.
There's an argument to be made that anyone who defends Roy Moore is a predator.
Once again how am I a predator?
Would any of you conservatives vote for Libertarian Ron Bishop (L) (write-in) or anti-Moore Christian conservative Mac Watson (R) (write-in) over Moore?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #685 on: November 20, 2017, 01:30:03 PM »

Also if Moore does win can some of the more harden leftist let up on the dems a bit and acknowledge there are parts of "real America" with really f**ked up tribalism voting patterns 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #686 on: November 20, 2017, 01:30:51 PM »

Also if Moore does win can some of the more harden leftist let up on the dems a bit and acknowledge there are parts of "real America" with really f**ked up tribalism voting patterns 

And also stop blaming Hillary for not beating Trump by 80 points.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #687 on: November 20, 2017, 01:34:52 PM »

Can everyone, namely those on the left and those who oppose sexual predation of minors, stop lighting their hair on fire? The election isn't Tuesday. It's 22 days from now, so calm the f-ck down. The allegations aren't going to get any better as time goes on and many of the typical support mechanisms that helped save Trump aren't there for Moore. The only thing Moore has going for him is Alabama's natural Republican hue. Governor Ivey isn't worried about having a Republican in the Senate as much as she is having to secure her own election next year.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #688 on: November 20, 2017, 01:36:58 PM »

Can everyone, namely those on the left and those who oppose sexual predation of minors, stop lighting their hair on fire? The election isn't Tuesday. It's 22 days from now, so calm the f-ck down. The allegations aren't going to get any better as time goes on and many of the typical support mechanisms that helped save Trump aren't there for Moore. The only thing Moore has going for him is Alabama's natural Republican hue. Governor Ivey isn't worried about having a Republican in the Senate as much as she is having to secure her own election next year.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #689 on: November 20, 2017, 01:40:15 PM »

My hair's never been on fire though. I've always known this was safe R.

And Trump was running nationwide, not in Alabama.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #690 on: November 20, 2017, 02:01:05 PM »

FTR, the feeling two weeks ago was that Gillespie was closing the gap and Northam was "blowing it".
swf541

« Reply #691 on: November 20, 2017, 02:01:45 PM »

FTR, the feeling two weeks ago was that Gillespie was closing the gap and Northam was "blowing it".
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #692 on: November 20, 2017, 02:03:26 PM »

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #693 on: November 20, 2017, 02:04:24 PM »

I always had a feeling Jones would pull off an upset. Jones will win and I'll be proven right.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #694 on: November 20, 2017, 02:24:19 PM »

My hair's never been on fire though. I've always known this was safe R.

And Trump was running nationwide, not in Alabama.
I also said safe R (Moore, not Watson or another Republican).
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #695 on: November 20, 2017, 02:25:01 PM »

"He might be a pedophile, but at least he'll vote to give me (and the rich) tax cuts"
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #696 on: November 20, 2017, 02:34:17 PM »

Democrats need to make Roy Moore the face of the Republican Party if he wins.
I'm not so sure that would work well. almost every prominent GOP politician outside of Alabama has disavowed him.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #697 on: November 20, 2017, 02:41:14 PM »

If Moore is not expelled (if he was elected), then he can be made the face of the Republican Party. Not expelling him cancels out disavowing him.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #698 on: November 20, 2017, 03:05:00 PM »

Did something happen? No new polls? Is this just Atlas being Atlas?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #699 on: November 20, 2017, 03:05:57 PM »

Did something happen? No new polls? Is this just Atlas being Atlas?

No, no, yes.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 75  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies